Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

Good to hear. Not sure how much I will play this weekend but I definitely want to check out the duty finder as well as get 1 more level on my CNJ so I can check out how the jobs work. Those are the last 2 things I want to check out before playing for real.

Oh, and I still haven't figured out how materia works. I have a bunch if it that I got from 100% spirit bonded gear that I broke, but I'm not able to attach it to anything. Can't remember what the message says when I try to do it.

Can anyone shed some light?

I'm liking the duty finder. The few times I've used it for dungeons I was in a group within minutes. The only thing I don't like, which I do like at the same time, is the fact that you can group with people in different worlds. I was with an awesome tank and went to add him after but there was no such character to be found.

Read a bit about materia and you need a crafting profession at 19 or so then you do a quest to unlock being able to add materia to your gear. That whole system seems pretty neat.

Gonna run HM once then I will be 30 so I can check out the white mage

edit: so it appears they haven't put the jobs in yet. I can't find the npc to talk to. I played around with my goldsmith and the crafting seems tedious without being able to queue a stack of 30 ore to make in to ingots. I like the system as a whole, I just wish that part was quicker.

Last edited:
Yep, guess they are satisfied with the duty finder.

Wonder how much longer phase 3 is going go on for.

I want samurai and ninja back. Oh well, other than that the game seems pretty solid. Look forward to full time voices on the main quest lines. Leveling seemed decent for the amount I played it. Dungeons looked decent for the amount I played. I'll be back and making a serious effort for phase 4.

I'm thinking we will have 1 more test in phase 3 where servers are up for maybe a week to test longer term stability, then they will shut it down for a week or 2 to do fixes and updates, then open beta should start according to their road map.

I'm thinking we will have 1 more test in phase 3 where servers are up for maybe a week to test longer term stability, then they will shut it down for a week or 2 to do fixes and updates, then open beta should start according to their road map.

Believe they have said that this was the end of Phase 3 several places.

Well, as long as it starts after my rebuild by the 20ish, I'm fine with that, also gives me plenty of time to get some projects done. >.<

Who wants to group up at the start of phase 4 to level faster?

My Steam ID is Brianmz to keep in touch come p4.

New schedule. Looks like there Is 1 more test.

Dates and Times
July uly 10, 2013 (Wednesday), 2:00 a.m. to July 15 (Monday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT)
July 10, 2013 (Wednesday), 9:00 a.m. to July 15 (Monday), 9:00 a.m. (GMT)
* Beta test phase 3 will conclude on Monday, July 15th. The beta test phase 4 schedule will be announced at a later time.* Testing of the new Lodestone will conclude on Wednesday, July 17th at 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / 9:00 a.m.(GMT). Please note that the new Lodestone will be inaccessible when testing has ended.Testing RequestsProlonged server stability test

I want samurai and ninja back. Oh well, other than that the game seems pretty solid. Look forward to full time voices on the main quest lines. Leveling seemed decent for the amount I played it. Dungeons looked decent for the amount I played. I'll be back and making a serious effort for phase 4.

yeah those were my fav. from ff11. but in the interviews ive seen they said they want multiple jobs for every class so i would expect to see some more and hopefully that means ninja and samurai come in as jobs

yeah those were my fav. from ff11. but in the interviews ive seen they said they want multiple jobs for every class so i would expect to see some more and hopefully that means ninja and samurai come in as jobs

Wish I knew what that means I'm suppose to level to have those. But alas, there's more than enough classes to level for now to keep me busy for months.

As long as they have inventory space figured out, I really like the idea of "one toon to rule them all" as opposed to having to make a different toon for every class you want to try.

when will they start letting you keep your toon through beta?

when will they start letting you keep your toon through beta?

Phase 4 (aka Open Beta)

There is a caveat that if there is a data issue they'll wipe everyone's data. After playing in Beta for two weeks I find it highly unlikely that this will happen.

You can pretty much do everything with 1 char, and the 2 retainers, not to mention housing storage when it comes.

I'm not sure If i should rush one class or lv 2 or 3 at the same time, to have access to the instants.

I think my plan will be to level the 2 classes I need for my white mage job and then when I get bored or want to change things up, I will start filling in crafting + the other classes.

Also, not sure if this was brought up but I don't remember if it was... What is everyone thinking about a Company? Is anyone willing to take on leadership of an [H] Company? I'm not even sure at the moment if there is enough interest and maybe just a link shell will suffice. I've lead guilds in the past but they consisted of around 20 or so people so it wasn't a huge task, but I know how crazy things can get with more than that.

I think as we get closer to launch, or even just closer to open beta since we will probably be able to keep our toons, I will start a thread to gauge interest.

Last edited:
Yep, I'm set on being MRD/war which is a tank, I will probably end up lvling mrd/pug and some glad for the extra tanking abilities, crafting while I don't personally enjoy it, I will level it as well since I don't want to be broke come end game as crafting was the way to make $ in 1.0 from what I could tell from my brother.

As long as they have inventory space figured out, I really like the idea of "one toon to rule them all" as opposed to having to make a different toon for every class you want to try.

If it's the same as beta, it looks like it will be an effective 100 slots for items, another 25+ for quest items, another 25 items PER equipment slot for equipment. I put a character to level 15, didn't sell anything and still had over 1/2 my inventory empty. I don't see inventory space being an issue at all, which is great. Inventory was waaaaaaay to small in FFXI.

Having a blast with the beta so far and I will be rolling a White Mage come release. Is their an official Hard server for release yet that we know of or are we still deciding?

Having a blast with the beta so far and I will be rolling a White Mage come release. Is their an official Hard server for release yet that we know of or are we still deciding?

I'm gonig to guess the server will be Leviathan since that's what [H] decided on in beta.

As for class, I was considering Gladiator but after reading a forum post in the SE FFXIV forums i've changed my mind to CNJ/WHM. Basically White Mage's heals and def buffs help to level all the other class. Healers will also be in high demand so finding a group shouldn't be an issue. I also hope that after the initial rush, others will start making White Mages at which point I'll level up my Gladiator/Paladin :p.

If it's the same as beta, it looks like it will be an effective 100 slots for items, another 25+ for quest items, another 25 items PER equipment slot for equipment. I put a character to level 15, didn't sell anything and still had over 1/2 my inventory empty. I don't see inventory space being an issue at all, which is great. Inventory was waaaaaaay to small in FFXI.

I've found in other mmo's I've played that just levelling shouldn't fill your inventory... I'm more worried about when I get a few crafting classes levelled. Just goldsmith seemed to have a crap ton of different materials so I can only imagine how much space the materials for 3 or 4 crafting classes will take. I am also unsure as to how much crossover the items have. If there is one item that can be used in multiple crafts etc.

My gaming PC will be dont relativly soon, as soon as some parts come in. I'm looking forward to playing this game mostly in part to avoid falling back into WoW ( I'm 2 years sober).

I really hope this game doesnt flop like it did before, but the positive post are making me hopeful :D

I've found in other mmo's I've played that just levelling shouldn't fill your inventory... I'm more worried about when I get a few crafting classes levelled. Just goldsmith seemed to have a crap ton of different materials so I can only imagine how much space the materials for 3 or 4 crafting classes will take. I am also unsure as to how much crossover the items have. If there is one item that can be used in multiple crafts etc.

I've never played an MMO that has an effective 400+ inventory slots. I've always had gear swaps and lots of gear + crafting materials. I think FFXIV has it right on inventory.

I've never played an MMO that has an effective 400+ inventory slots. I've always had gear swaps and lots of gear + crafting materials. I think FFXIV has it right on inventory.

Yeah but a good way other MMO's have done it is have a dedicated crafting inventory space.

I agree that the 100+ slot is just about right and having crystal inventory separate is awesome but in the last beta weekend I grabbed every single regular job class, crafting class and gathering class to test out the systems and for fun.

Even though most people wouldn't do every job like I was testing, I can easily see having a few and once you do start actually gathering you really start to scramble with keeping gear for the lower level classes.

Granted you can reuse a lot of the gear between classes, unless you keep all the jobs at around the same level range you will run out of space so a even one extra page would probably make it a lot better.

It is very much improved over FF:XI still and if they do add some sorting and stacking options for managing items it will be almost perfect.

Yeah but a good way other MMO's have done it is have a dedicated crafting inventory space.

I agree that the 100+ slot is just about right and having crystal inventory separate is awesome but in the last beta weekend I grabbed every single regular job class, crafting class and gathering class to test out the systems and for fun.

Even though most people wouldn't do every job like I was testing, I can easily see having a few and once you do start actually gathering you really start to scramble with keeping gear for the lower level classes.

Granted you can reuse a lot of the gear between classes, unless you keep all the jobs at around the same level range you will run out of space so a even one extra page would probably make it a lot better.

It is very much improved over FF:XI still and if they do add some sorting and stacking options for managing items it will be almost perfect.

So if you have every job all at different levels (i.e. non-max level) and all the crafts and all the gathering, then you start running out of space? Uhh... ok, I can deal with that. Really though, there's still 1 gear slot per job at least in the armory tab.

No official server yet, but most of us are in Leviathan.

Here's my problem. Every game Ive tried to do with [H] so far has started well but after 3 weeks it's like me and one other person logging in.

What kind of following do we have going on atm?

I appreciate Square keeping us updated, but I cannot read the Japanese version of the letter they emailed me this morning. :/

Lol, I got that Japanese email too.

It's hard to gauge the actual following but I will be there for the long haul 100%

I appreciate Square keeping us updated, but I cannot read the Japanese version of the letter they emailed me this morning. :/

lol seriously my dude. the shit does that thing say

here is the email translated in english ( thanks gmail! )

&#8251; this email, Final Fantasy XIV: I have sent towards the nascent Eoruzea &#946; tester. If you do not have any idea who the content, we ask you to discard this mail.
==========
Thank you for participating in newborn Eoruzea &#946; test: Final Fantasy XIV.
Next time, I will let you know the test dates of &#946; test Phase 3.

&#9632; test schedule
The 15th (Wed) 18:00 July 10 July 2013 (Mon) 18:00

&#8251; with a test of Monday 15 July, and exits the test phase &#946; 3. The agenda of the &#946; test phase 4, I will let you know at a later date.

For further details, please check the following pages.
http://sqex.to/Gji

&#8251; If you have not done so already (registration of the registration code) participation procedure of &#946; test, please check here first.
http://sqex.to/7sL

Final Fantasy XIV: active participation to the nascent Eoruzea &#946; test, Thank you for your contribution to the feedback.

==========
Square Enix Final Fantasy XIV: newborn Eoruzea &#946; test Secretariat
==========
&#8251; If you have any questions, please use the SQUARE ENIX Support Center for this and other mail.
http://sqex.to/3oo
&#8251; This e-mail address is a post-only. Please note that you can not you answer even if you reply to this email.

also.. I love Japanese to english translations. hilarious.

I just got the English version of the email. Just gives you a link to the schedules beta forum.

Next test starts on wed and ends next monday

Last edited:
Back