Final Fantasy XIII

I had that Juggernaught thing down to less than a millimetre of life bar... my screen's sitting at the retry splash and my controller is down the hall. I'm pretty sure I don't even need to beat him.

It's such a repetitive and easy fight, but I losed. Like Domingo said... gettin greedy. I figured he was done for sure. Almost 10 minutes of patterning... lol Fuckin game...awesome game, that is. :D

Whose dickhead idea was it to not only allow your team to take damage during paradigm shifts, but also to make the first PS in a battle longer than a LotR film?

Just wondering...

Whose dickhead idea was it to not only allow your team to take damage during paradigm shifts, but also to make the first PS in a battle longer than a LotR film?

Just wondering...
People trying to make it tricky? Paradigm switches can be rewarding if you time them right though (FULL ATB for example.

So, I just finished the game. CLEARLY i levelled much more than necessary. I five starred every fight leading up to the THREE PART finish, and promptly five starred them too. Final boss sang his (its?) swan song in 1:12 :) I love saboteur.

Time to grind! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just beat the end boss for CH11......Really was that much HP necessary. He wasn't hard but damn he had a ton of HP I saw I was taking of 30,000 and was like damn this dude will be dead in no time...nope.

2 more chapters. The last chapters seem to be longer than the first chapters so I might not be able to beat in under 35 hours... running 29hours on CH12.

People trying to make it tricky? Paradigm switches can be rewarding if you time them right though (FULL ATB for example.

So, I just finished the game. CLEARLY i levelled much more than necessary. I five starred every fight leading up to the THREE PART finish, and promptly five starred them too. Final boss sang his (its?) swan song in 1:12 :) I love saboteur.

Time to grind! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Genji Glove + Imperil + Bravea + Enfire + Fang Commando = 1.5 million damage in 5 hits when the target is around 900%

Just keep that in mind for late game grinding ;)

On another note, how did you feel about the end game story? I honestly felt that it fell apart somewhere starting in Chapter 12/13, but maybe it's just me.

Genji Glove + Imperil + Bravea + Enfire + Fang Commando = 1.5 million damage in 5 hits when the target is around 900%

Just keep that in mind for late game grinding ;)

On another note, how did you feel about the end game story? I honestly felt that it fell apart somewhere starting in Chapter 12/13, but maybe it's just me.

uhm... A little bit of it was stupid in 12 with the whole sacrifice thing (Honestly, The sacrifice/dragonite combo was more deadly than the final boss -_- ) but I liked a lot of the fan service in the game, and generally, it was pretty cool. I like most of the game.

I especially loved the branching seperate story arcs. It reminded me a lot of FF6, my favorite final fantasy (I've had it on cart since I was like, 6 :) ) by far, and i'd say it has the most unique and interesting battle system yet.

Most interesting stat system still goes to 8 ;) Best ability system still goes to 12.

Also, art direction in the game was FANTASTIC in my opinion (And really, who else matter? ;) )

Also, art direction in the game was FANTASTIC in my opinion (And really, who else matter? ;) )

I didn't like the art until you hit chapter 10....it becomes more large in scale and less futuristic, but if you include music into the art then its not so good. Also if you add the fact that they only let you look at half the art due to poor camera action that also takes away some of it.

Not a fan of the story or characters in this game so far; I'm in chapter 12.....I mean did we really need an older version of seymour in this game.....he just can't be the main boss hopefully.

I didn't like the art until you hit chapter 10....it becomes more large in scale and less futuristic, but if you include music into the art then its not so good. Also if you add the fact that they only let you look at half the art due to poor camera action that also takes away some of it.

Not a fan of the story or characters in this game so far; I'm in chapter 12.....I mean did we really need an older version of seymour in this game.....he just can't be the main boss hopefully.
I mean all the art outside of just the worlds. Enemy design and the like.

How's the official strategy guide for this game? It's not that I need a guide to play the game, but I really hate it whenever I miss an item and I can't get it anymore.

[X]eltic;1035480603 said:
How's the official strategy guide for this game? It's not that I need a guide to play the game, but I really hate it whenever I miss an item and I can't get it anymore.

It's pretty good. I've only noticed one error so far, which is the condition to spawn Long Guis.

Yeah I just got to chapter 11 where things get open. You'd think they wouldn't put unbeatable enemies in your path but they did. Those big dinosaurs = WTF.

Who are you guys using in your group? I got fang, lightning and hope

Yeah I just got to chapter 11 where things get open. You'd think they wouldn't put unbeatable enemies in your path but they did. Those big dinosaurs = WTF.

Who are you guys using in your group? I got fang, lightning and hope

I normally have the same party setup.

The dinosaurs have different stats depending on their sprites. The tuskless ones are easy with only 1 million HP. Anything with a tusk gets tricky. They're pretty easy to avoid though, and I don't recall them blocking anything important.

Just finished the game in 36 hours and final rating is 6/10.

This game literally took everything I didn't like about FFX, FFXII, and Crisis Core and mashed it altogether in a stupid poorly acted story that just fell apart as it progressed. I could go on for pages on the many flaws of the game but I am completely done and checked out of FFXIII.

The best thing about the game is that now I can say I have passed every final fantasy except FFXI and Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced 2....which I have no plans of finishing either.

After getting about 30 hours into it i simply couldnt take it anymore. It became so unbearably boring around chapter 9 or 10 that i simply couldnt take it anymore.

The whole time i was playing it for the last couple days i had it i just kept thinking "I could be playing god of war right now" so i traded it off for a copy of god of war and couldnt be happier.

I will pick it up again when it hits the budget bins so i can say i beat it, otherwise not really impressed.

Great battle system, great graphics and some good ideas but the story line and gameplay becomes too boring.

I was pretty excited at the transition from chapter 10 to 11. That was awesome. I'm really enjoying things now, my characters start getting VERY strong.

I'm using Lightning, Sazh, and Vanille. I'm a haste-whore. I start every battle with Sazh in his buffer role, and get him to haste my party first thing.

I'm still having trouble playing the game for decent chunks of time. I'm about 12 hours in, and I just don't feel captivated by the characters. It has honestly gotten better (the plot set-up initially was horrible, as are the naming conventions) but I just don't feel like playing it for longer than 45 minutes or so. I went through 7,8, and 9 in a matter of a week each. Something about this one doesn't really feel like Final Fantasy. It could be any generic RPG that they just labeled FF so far. The music and look/feel aren't really like the other games, and just having fire, fira, firaga doesn't really cut it for making it a FF game.
I'm hoping it gets better when things "open up" as people say.

for a game with 13 chapters, having the game open up at chapter 10/11 is pretty bad

I've just started chapter 9 and I have to agree. There's only so much you can string people along by introducing new game elements before the weakness of the story becomes painfully obvious. Also, Vanille's accent swapping is killing me.

for a game with 13 chapters, having the game open up at chapter 10/11 is pretty bad

Have you ever played a FF game or are you just posting what is going through your head. In nearly every FF game, you are pretty much locked down the linear path until about 60-70% of the way through. It is their tried and true formula for the most part.

Have you ever played a FF game or are you just posting what is going through your head. In nearly every FF game, you are pretty much locked down the linear path until about 60-70% of the way through. It is their tried and true formula for the most part.

I agree, plus, chapter 11 seems pretty long so far.

Finally beat the game this weekend. Not a bad game overall but, honestly, I was getting a little bored of it after Ch. 11. I think the 8.5 and B/B+ ratings this game got on the review sites are pretty accurate. Now onto Dragon Age: Awakening, God of War III, and Metro 2033 for me!

even assuming you are correct with the 60-70% (which you are not) this game opens up around chapter 10/11 which is 75-85% through the game.

Take Final Fantasy 7 for instance even though you are technically locked in Midgar for the first 7 hours you can still go explore around Sectors and go party at the strip club and other elements if you so choose, FF13 its point A to point B nothing more.

I just got to the point when it's Snow and Hope, right after the tutorial on Sentinels. I tried using Snow as a Sentinel in the first battlle and it absolutely sucked.. probably because I only had Hope for damage dealing. Do they get better to work with when you have a full team of 3?

I'm looking forward to playing this game some more once I finish Assassin's Creed 2. If you had told me that I would have FF13 and AC2 within 2 weeks of each other and that i'd be playing AC2 more than FF13, I'd have told you to lay down the crack pipe.

But lo and behold, it has happened!

I just got to the point when it's Snow and Hope, right after the tutorial on Sentinels. I tried using Snow as a Sentinel in the first battlle and it absolutely sucked.. probably because I only had Hope for damage dealing. Do they get better to work with when you have a full team of 3?

Sentinels are not even needed until late in the game, but yes sentinels become useful later in the game for bosses.

Using Light, Fang, Shaz
Med, Sent, Syn to boost defense
then switch to Com, Sab, Rav to boost damage bar and infect
then switch to med, Sent, rav to heal and keep damage bar up
then rav, com, rav to break defense.

I didn't use sentinels all that much, at least, so far. I do know they cut all damage to all team members by 1/2, so its probably a big boon when the enemy is about to do some super-powerful AE spell or something.

Early on, I didn't use them at all.

I thought I loved this game. Then I got to the plains, it redefined love for me. This game is awesome.

Also, Adamantoise... hard.

Last edited:
How many versions of this game have been released for the PlayStation 3? I've seen the Japanse version and the International version so far. Are there any differences between the American and European versions as well, or are these completely identical?

yup on chapter 11 mission 25.. i like the big open world...

Just got to 11. Immediately started getting my ass handed to me. Time for some cp farming.
I love this game

so what do I have to do to get this grow egg you guys are talking bout?

just got to chapter 12. got about 40 some hours in..been grinding.. anyone got a quick way of getting money? :D

Well if you have a Sentinel, a Healer, and Vanille spamming death, you can probably do it in chapter 11. Just will take a while.

Maybe I'm crazy but I'm prettttty sure you don't get death til after the Ch 11 Boss battle ;)

Back