Final Fantasy XIII

Took me like 45 mins to get the growth egg. It was basically random luck to get death to work. I did this at beginning of Chapter 13 where you can teleport back and forth to gran pulse.

dropping adamantoise are such a pain. Death + Vigilance + curse and it does nearly nothing -_- Augh. lmao

I've killed 3, and have zero drops of anything to my name.

Fang is also far too stupid to actually use curse to start. So snow is now.

OH, fun fact also, I have that lovely grinding fight (Behemoth king/Megistotherian) down to 5 seconds <3 Timed 40s a fight counting the walk hehe

I could grind 1.2m crystarium an hour if I wanted too o.o

Chapter 11 just seems like a grindfest. I've grinded full levels in all 3 of the categories main characters start with and am at the part with the falcie in the tunnel not sure if i'm spending too much time but against the juggernaut & the 4 robots + buffrobot i felt like i needed to level up. I'm 33 hrs in right now.

Chapter 11 just seems like a grindfest. I've grinded full levels in all 3 of the categories main characters start with and am at the part with the falcie in the tunnel not sure if i'm spending too much time but against the juggernaut & the 4 robots + buffrobot i felt like i needed to level up. I'm 33 hrs in right now.

That's about right. I grinded out the 3 main specs for my group as well when I got into that tunnel. That's all you need to beat the rest of the main storyline. I'm sure you'll have to grind relentlessly if you want to complete all the side missions but there are too many other games out right now.

That's about right. I grinded out the 3 main specs for my group as well when I got into that tunnel. That's all you need to beat the rest of the main storyline. I'm sure you'll have to grind relentlessly if you want to complete all the side missions but there are too many other games out right now.

I feel the same way. I want to finish this before moving on.

I just got to chapter 11 last night. I haven't even gotten to do the first hunt mission (was about 1 AM when I got there) I've had a really easy time up to now, using Sazh to buff Fang and Lightning while they did the damage. Will I be in for a hard time come 11? I'm going to try and complete the first few hunts later tonight.

I just got to chapter 11 last night. I haven't even gotten to do the first hunt mission (was about 1 AM when I got there) I've had a really easy time up to now, using Sazh to buff Fang and Lightning while they did the damage. Will I be in for a hard time come 11? I'm going to try and complete the first few hunts later tonight.

I wouldn't say in for a hard time, but harder definitely. Stay away from the dinosaurs, and if you fight the behemoths make sure you get the preemptive on them. You gotta kill them fast or they sunder and annihilate your party.

I wouldn't say in for a hard time, but harder definitely. Stay away from the dinosaurs, and if you fight the behemoths make sure you get the preemptive on them. You gotta kill them fast or they sunder and annihilate your party.

Sunder is like a slap on the wrists with his characters.

Keep your protect going, and if you want, throw vanille in there as Saboteur while Sazh is buffing and you'll get double bonus basically ;)

Imperil is your friend (Imperil+Deshell = QUICK staggers. )

^^ I'll have to remember that. Does anyone know how high the cystarium levels go? I'm at 4 for 3 specs on all my characters and just wondering if it's worth saving cystarium point for a level five or if i should go into other specs?

^^ I'll have to remember that. Does anyone know how high the cystarium levels go? I'm at 4 for 3 specs on all my characters and just wondering if it's worth saving cystarium point for a level five or if i should go into other specs?
Goes to level 10, max role level is 5.

Just finished the Titan's quest missions... Those were rough

Lol Attacus was a 15-20m fight for me... dude was rough. Took me three tries to beat him... I was about 50% on crystarium 10 with level 2 weapons. =\

I'm farming adamatortoises now regularly, with a self formed strat I can down them in 33s now. Got 2 trap's last night, woot woot!

I'm Having problems with the Chapter 9 boss. I can easily defeat all the heads quickly, but I cannot stay alive during his special attack. it destroys all my charactors no matter how much I buff them. I read that if I constantly attack it will only cause half damage but I tried it with no avail. any hints or tips> weapon and accessory loadouts? this is getting on my nerves, I haven't had trouble so far but I've tried this fight 4 times...

I'm Having problems with the Chapter 9 boss. I can easily defeat all the heads quickly, but I cannot stay alive during his special attack. it destroys all my charactors no matter how much I buff them. I read that if I constantly attack it will only cause half damage but I tried it with no avail. any hints or tips> weapon and accessory loadouts? this is getting on my nerves, I haven't had trouble so far but I've tried this fight 4 times...

Refresh my memory on him? What area are you in and what does he look like and what does his special attack do?

Also, brb... lunch.

Keep buffs up (Shell, Protect, etc.) and use a Ravager/Commando/Medic role. Switch to Ravager/Sentinel/Medic right before the blast happens. Make sure you're fully buffed for the blast, and make sure to keep DPSing with your Ravager and Commando even when he's charging.

It took me over ten trys to beat this boss lol. Until I read that switching paradigms right before that big attack it will take like 1/3 the damage off it would normally do, just remember that and youll be fine.

Like righht when he fires that destrucdo attack right before it hits you switch to your medic sent paradigms. make sure you are fully healed beforehand and also when hes just sitting there make sure you have rav - rav - com out until he launches attack.

It took me over ten trys to beat this boss lol. Until I read that switching paradigms right before that big attack it will take like 1/3 the damage off it would normally do, just remember that and youll be fine.

Like righht when he fires that destrucdo attack right before it hits you switch to your medic sent paradigms. make sure you are fully healed beforehand and also when hes just sitting there make sure you have rav - rav - com out until he launches attack.

no no no no nooooo

When he starts charging you have to WAIL on him as much as possible (RAV RAV COM if he is close to stagger, as many com's as possible if not (I don't remember the team there... ) and eventually he will flinch and the damage will be WAYYY reduced. That's when you switch to Med Sen Med :)

I see why they have auto-battle. Between paradigm shifting and getting the right combo up to the non-turn based system, you (I) tend to lose track of what I'm doing.

Still a fantastic game so far. I think I'm on chapter 9 or just started 10 - it's been a week since I played.

So I beat the end-boss last night, which isn't to say I finished the game. I'm about 1/2 done with the quests, and I want to do more. Probably will finish them all.

I really enjoyed this game. I know it got mediocre reviews for being 'too linear', but all FF games are linear, they just have the impression of an open world. Its an unraveling story, it HAS to be linear. When I beat the end-boss, and saw the ending sequences, I really got the impression that this was a long journey and an enjoyable adventure. I had a similar feeling with some of my other favorite FF games.

All in all, I think this game was great. Not perfect, but pretty damn good!

I just got the the mission part. I think im on number 5 now. I want to finish all before i move on. Do you have to do all missions in order?

I remember the ch9 boss wasn't to hard for me. I kept haste up and kept party healed seemed to do the trick.

Last edited:
nah you don't have to do the missions in order.

ugh stupid giant turtles pissing me off. i use to get lucky a lot and kill them with the death spell.. but now it seems it dont work ... i need me Trapezohedrons! i've only gotten 1 from a turtle so far. I have gotten a few platinum ingots..

Loving it...

Buuuuut..... I heard it opens up a little on Ch 11. Yeah. For all of 3 fucking seconds!!!!

You can spend a shitload of time doing the missions, or just skip them all if you follow the story. I think i have spent 9hrs just running around doing missions.

Haha, when I was on chapter 13 and the second I had the opportunity to go back to Gran Pulse I did.

Feels more like FF to me and makes me smile :)

But I didn't realize I had to beat to game for the last part of the upgrades to come.

Freaking awesome ending and I'm really sad that it had to end. I've grown so attached to those characters.

stupid turtles stupid turtles...score....stupid turtles stupid turtles... score....

yup it just keeps going

ffxiii is my favorite sp ff game since 7 excluding tactics but even I will agree with him on a lot of his points. The story imo was poorly delivered and the characters are lacking. Hope is just annoying but vanille is even more annoying. Her constant orgasm sounds are just plain annoying. They definitely over did the shakey camera in the movie scenes a bit to much. Personally i think some of the scenes would of been better had they not used the shakey effect at all. Also there is way to much linear corridor style play in this game. Actually the whole game is like that. You basically can't even walk anywhere some what freely until grand pulse.

ffxiii is my favorite sp ff game since 7 excluding tactics but even I will agree with him on a lot of his points. The story imo was poorly delivered and the characters are lacking. Hope is just annoying but vanille is even more annoying. Her constant orgasm sounds are just plain annoying. They definitely over did the shakey camera in the movie scenes a bit to much. Personally i think some of the scenes would of been better had they not used the shakey effect at all. Also there is way to much linear corridor style play in this game. Actually the whole game is like that. You basically can't even walk anywhere some what freely until grand pulse.

Even in grand pulse its just a linear playground masked as a sandbox, the missions have to be done in order and besides the mission all there is to do is grind.

Dont get me wrong even though i traded it in i still think its a good game and look forward to picking it up and finishing it when its cheaper. With all the great games out now i just didnt have the time to really play it like i would have liked to so i simply put it off.

You don't have to do the missions in order exactly... once you do the first few, you start to get a few of them popping up at a time. It sorta does drive the exploration of Gran Pulse a bit more. I didn't know half of that field existed until I started doing the missions, and I'm only on #11.

It's REALLY linear but um... every game is? I'm also a scatterbrain so that helps me out A LOT lol

Overall, I'd give it an 9 out of 10. It is the most graphically stunning game on the 360 hands down even after the ludicrous compression. The story was decent, the voice acting was terrible and cheesy (even for a Final Fantasy game), the battle system was damn near perfect, I enjoyed the lack of character levels AND the fact that weapons DO level up. Of course I'm an engineer so little hints of "we thought this would be more efficient and make more sense" are appreciated from game devs.

really? you think it''s the best looking game on the 360? Granted, some of the models are really nice, however i think it is far from the best looking game on the 360. In fact i think it looks more like a ps2 game, all i got to say is square fingers...

Don't get me wrong, I'm playing through it right now and enjoying it, but there is a nagging feeling of ffx, and not to say that its exactly like it but it feels very similar, with a different battle system. Maybe it's time for square to break out of that mold, cause it's getting a little dry.

really? you think it''s the best looking game on the 360? Granted, some of the models are really nice, however i think it is far from the best looking game on the 360. In fact i think it looks more like a ps2 game, all i got to say is square fingers...

Don't get me wrong, I'm playing through it right now and enjoying it, but there is a nagging feeling of ffx, and not to say that its exactly like it but it feels very similar, with a different battle system. Maybe it's time for square to break out of that mold, cause it's getting a little dry.

In what way is it similar to ffx??? You sure you don't mean 12?

In what way is it similar to ffx??? You sure you don't mean 12?

Sphere grid, Character design (Vinill = Riku, light = AArroonn tidus mix, Old man = Seymor and so on), similar plot you go on a pilgrimage to save the world.

Its like a mix between Crisis core, FFX, FFX2, and FFXII. Takes the worst elements of each and crams it into a turd called FFXIII. They even managed to screw up the grid from X some how.

It offers nothing ground breaking mediocre to the core.

Sphere grid, Character design (Vinill = Riku, light = AArroonn tidus mix, Old man = Seymor and so on), similar plot you go on a pilgrimage to save the world.

Its like a mix between Crisis core, FFX, FFX2, and FFXII. Takes the worst elements of each and crams it into a turd called FFXIII. They even managed to screw up the grid from X some how.

It offers nothing ground breaking mediocre to the core.

Thats reaching pretty damn far for comparisons. The sphere grid and the crystarium may appear similar in looks but thats the only similarities.

Its where you try and tie in the plot that you really lose me... If you want to get like that then every fucking game ever made has the same plot.

I haven't touched it in almost 2 weeks. I need to get back into it.

I actually liked the characters in this one and I thought the voice acting wasn't bad at all. Hope grew up towards the end(his speeches reminded me of Linus from Peanuts), and Vanille was grating at first, but it was all a show ( a really annoying one lol). They all changed and grew in a positive way. The story is linear, but IMO, it was one of the more better told ones. I thought the ending was perfect. This game really gives off the impression have completed a really long and epic journey that has profoundly affected your character and the world. I still say it has one of the better endings of most RPG's.

In the narrow scope of the JRPG's, It was innovative in the accessibility(retry after battles) and the way fighting was done by switching between paradigms. For some odd reason, people were thinking they were going to get another Mass Effect or Dragon Age. Don't get me wrong, ME and DA are great games, but I'm glad FF didn't go that route, because frankly, after playing so many hours of ME and DA,I'm a bit burnt out of Bioware RPG's. I was ready for a cheesy FF JRPG.

For people that complain that its too easy cause you can always retry, then you should just quit the game and reload from your last save. Problem solved. I don't have time, or the willpower to do that anymore though.

For control freaks, I don't know why you would want to issue every monotonous command, but if that was your piece of cake, you could always try slowing down combat time, set the default to abilities, and command queue away...

I thought the end combat was satisfying because it really gave me a feeling I leveled up and set my characters up the right way. I didn't really do any extra leveling up/grinding (skipped all the missions), but I managed to get a 5 star rating on the last battle anyways.

So IMO, it was one of the better JRPG FF's I've played, up there with VI, X, and X-2.

Back