Final Fantasy XIII - March 9, 2010

Kuromizu

Gawd
The official release date is out. March 9, 2010. Square just released a promo video today for the game with the announcement at the very end.

When this game comes out, I'm taking a week off work, stocking my house with food, and not leaving it for any reason for a whole week

no social life at all for one whole week, it'll feel like i've turned my house into a Fallout Vault

LOL.. i laughed at the promo video, near the end there was an "Exclusive never before seen footage of FF XIII" which then was about 30 seconds of just random game fighting..

lol.. thats classic build up and disappointment.

its Here @ ve3d.com if you haven't seen it.

ill buy this game at launch, i only just bought the ps1 version and am loving it atm, i think when i was younger i was more into action games!!

I hope they release a demo for it on the japanese psn store... i doubt it though.. well anyhoo.. been waiting for a worthwhile turn based rpg game to play on my ps3.

I'm not really sure what to expect since I didn't play any of the PS2 offerings and didn't like the last one for PS1 (FF9). I'll probably end up getting it, but I'm not really excited for it. Hopefully lack of expectations will leave me surprised with the final product.

I'll buy it day 1. Loved 7, 9 (I know I'm in the minority here), 10. Disliked 8 and 12. The oldschool FF2 and FF3 (American) were amazing.

Hope 13 lives up to the franchise name. As long as we've gone back to the random battle system of FF10, I'll be happy. I really didn't like the change they made with 12, HATED that battle system.

I liked 7. I liked 12. None of the others really did it, X-2 was just terrible.

Square really needs to deliver with this one or just retire the franchise entirely; what they've done with the series so far has been yawn inducing.

Square really needs to deliver with this one or just retire the franchise entirely; what they've done with the series so far has been yawn inducing.
They really need to deliver with this one or they're going to be in pretty severe financial difficulties... time to shine Square. :)

did u buy the disc changer for the 360 too since you bought it for FXIII?
I'm assuming you only got into gaming this gen? You really think that using a different disc every 15 hours is going to be a hardship.

(On a vaguely related note, I actually quite like swapping discs on JPRGs, feels like you've moved on a chunk in the story.)

I'm assuming you only got into gaming this gen? You really think that using a different disc every 15 hours is going to be a hardship.

(On a vaguely related note, I actually quite like swapping discs on JPRGs, feels like you've moved on a chunk in the story.)

yeah really this gen, 31 yrs and i never had a system before it. :rolleyes: I did live through FF7. my crotchety knees and back cant take all the getting off the couch and stuff. :p

but seriously, just mocking the excuse of buying a 360 of all systems for FF13 only. Not arguing the merits of PS3 vs 360 at all, but for FF13 at least, the discs would be the selling point if that was why i was buying one or the other systems.

If the story and characters are interesting, maybe... was a huge FF fan back in the day, lost interest due to 8, 10 and after... just couldn't get into it. I also liked 9, never understood why people seemed to to think it was lousy, it had that "classic" FF feel to it I guess, which is what I appreciated about it and would love to see less "sci-fi" and more "fantasy" in the new game

It's been hard to get into any of the FFs lately for me. I think its because it's too "serious" for my tastes. FF6 is my favorite and I just love the lighthearted humor that's all over the place (also thanks to the colorful translation on the SNES as FF3). FF7 also had various moments of humor which contrasted the serious moments just as well.

However, I'm expecting to at least be impressed by FFXIII even though I'm not expecting to be blown away by it.

finally fantasy is like the most cliche anime you've ever imagined, but made into game form

how can anyone enjoy this crap?

finally fantasy is like the most cliche anime you've ever imagined, but made into game form

how can anyone enjoy this crap?

Didn't always used to be that way; personally, I blame Square's shameless milking of the franchise. Some people are totally blind to it, though, which is why they always manage to sell millions of copies and get top scores from every publication.

It's been hard to get into any of the FFs lately for me. I think its because it's too "serious" for my tastes. FF6 is my favorite and I just love the lighthearted humor that's all over the place (also thanks to the colorful translation on the SNES as FF3). FF7 also had various moments of humor which contrasted the serious moments just as well.

However, I'm expecting to at least be impressed by FFXIII even though I'm not expecting to be blown away by it.
I think I know what you mean. Now days, realistic drama is so overly abused in stories, game characters are too serious (games = srs bizness) and hardly fun. This is why I kinda like the Wii, because Nintendo still provides characters that act like a fictional character should; video game characters that remind me of normal people are just boring.

You could probably install this game on a 120GB HDD but I wonder if it would require you to insert the appropriate disc regardless every time... probably unless they came up with some kind of installation.

mgs4xbox360oj1.png

should look like this for 360

I can't sense sarcasm on internet forums, but X-2 did exist. I felt it lacked any real story telling. Running after a boyfriend that existed only in your dreams is creepy.

They manage to sell millions of copies because of the unique gameplay and character development. I'm not saying they couldn't do it better..the whole protagonist having amnesia or having a secret past is bland. There is actually a Final Fantasy anime. I thought it was pretty weird, but I only saw the first two episodes.

Last edited:
Insert likely-to-inevitable "Will it outsell Modern Warfare 2?" subthread here...

No it won't. MW2 sold $310 million the day it was released. That beats out 90% of all movies, and they usually do opening WEEKEND projections. While this may be awesome, it definitely won't sell more than MW2

That really should come as no surprise; RPGs may be more popular now than they've ever been, but they still don't have the appeal of shooting civilians with highly sought after military weaponry.

Meh, got bored of final fantasy years ago when they became more cut scene than game.

Far as I'm concerned, Final Fantasy III for SNES was where the series peaked.

Back