Filco Ninja Cherry Mx Red?

MX browns are the switch to get. They are perfect middle of the road great for typing and gaming. they make double tapping easier and more accurate. I love typing on mx browns.

I own two reds and a brown and prefer red because they are so light and relatively quiet, but keyboards are subjective. I prefer Filco's because of the stabilizers, fixed cable, and ninja keys. I always install o-rings on just the keys with stabilizers. Helps equalize the feel across all keys. If Amazon is out, you can always get a Filco shipped directly from China via pchome, if you can find someone to translate for you.

What kind of wear and tear did your filco experience after a year and a half? Did the writing on the keys simply being to wear off or were there some more serious problems?

Had my Filco for 3 years this month. A few of the keys have the lettering about half gone (C, E, H, Shift, CTRL, Alt). Still working good though.

My board is the color White with black switches.
There are Cherry MX White/Clear switches, which feel like stiffer browns due to the black spring in a brown switch.

The clear switch is like a brown with the black spring but it also has a more pronounced bump than the brown switch.

Ergo Clears are a modded clear with a brown spring. It's popular because some people claim they can't feel the bump in the browns.

I'm good with my White Ninja. Having the Reds would just be a luxury, so I can wait.

You're a stronger man than I. I couldn't hold off and ordered two of them. I've been wanting a ninja tenkeyless with reds for a long time now. Hopefully this will be my last keyboard purchase.

You're a stronger man than I. I couldn't hold off and ordered two of them. I've been wanting a ninja tenkeyless with reds for a long time now. Hopefully this will be my last keyboard purchase.

Hope you don't catch the Buckling Spring bug like I did.

Cheers,

The clear switch is like a brown with the black spring but it also has a more pronounced bump than the brown switch.

Ergo Clears are a modded clear with a brown spring. It's popular because some people claim they can't feel the bump in the browns.

I'm definitely in that camp, while typing quickly it's just not pronounced enough to make a difference for me (vs reda). I'd love to try either kind of clears but they seem quite rare, I'd probably just end up trading in other features to get a keyboard with them.

I'm good with my White Ninja. Having the Reds would just be a luxury, so I can wait.

While TenKeyLess Filcos are always in short supply, they are treating the cherry red switch as an equal now, from what I gather they place orders for specific markets like 6 months in advance so I think they can't predict or arrange for more stock demands for whatever reason.

Btw, a lot of Filcos just came in stock at amazon in the USA, I just ordered a tenkeyless black colored/red switched ninja filco myself. My next board will be a full sized cherry blue ninja filco. I'll use the reds for gaming and night time, and the blues for typing and numberpad needs. I find the browns to be too little of a tactile feel for typing, and just enough to want reds for gaming. Browns are still the best single board switch to get, but if your getting two I think my Red TKL/Blue Full Filco combo is worth thinking about.

Back