Fighting Spirit

may i be worthy

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2010
It is a bit quiet around here today, with the inevitable overtake by EVGA to number one.

But I am not too glum. I was going to write a lot about why I left EVGA for [H] almost 2 months ago, but in the end it is pretty simple. I am happy here, I could not be comfortable there with the sponsorship thing. So why jump from the soon to be number one team, to the soon to be number 2?

[H] is the home of the SR2. The most. The fastest. Just look at what it takes to be in the top 20, let alone top 10. It is [H]ard. And the top 20 would rather be in [H] rather than top dog on a smaller team.

This is fighting spirit.

original.jpg

Look at the following graph, look at the pathetic dropoff 5 days before the Holy Grail, the finish line, and tell me what team you would be proud to be on. What would Mr Miyagi say? ;)

For me it is the best team money can't buy. The best all volunteer folding [H]orde ever.

Lets keep going, and have fun doing it.

Fold [H]ard. :D

original.jpg

The [H] pic definitely needs to be a poster because that is fucking awesome.

I hope EVGA becomes complacent. The battle itself is the easy part. Staying ahead of the mower behind you is the [H]ard part. :D

The graphs are great. Love 'em!!!

The mower that is [H] will be chomping at their heels forever until we get #1 back.

If they slack, we WILL take it back.

With more SR-2s and other Hex systems coming online, I wonder if we can keep the trend of PPD upwards even with some/all of the guest folders going back home (thanks btw if your still reading these!)

Should be interesting to see how our PPD go in the next couple weeks, I wonder if we will keep taking first after the bucks folders drop off for the next couple months

Well in the push to 4 billion thread i said that i would be send the whole production of my rig to the [H] until we got past 4 billion and then i would split off again 50/50. However postie has just delivered some nice new fans so i have my 8800GT back in the game at a cool 83C, so i reckon i am currently good for 25k per day

Fold on and fold [H]ard

Yeah, if they think they will hold it without a fight, they are mistaken. We are still ramping up, we are the [H]orde, after all. We had gotten lazy and I think this is a big wake up call to us all. Right now I can only fold on weekends, but I got a 460 last weekend, and as soon as I upgrade my ups to be able to handle the added load, it will go online.

I think even if Kyle is unable to arrange something, we will still overtake them. If we ever get a decent ATI client, LOOK OUT!!

Plus, winter is about to start! And by God, if an ATI client does come online, we'll be giving them some hurt. :D

I guess now would be a good time for me to work on pushing my twins a bit harder then they are now. I have a feeling that they are not living up to their potential.

lol great stuff MIBW

You are such a great addition to the team

That is fucking hilarious! As soon as the corporate BS and $$$ goes away, so does the team. Money talks.
This is why I'm proud to be a member of Team 33. Now THAT is fighting spirit!

I lost my job a while back, so I could only afford an AMD Hex. But it is still a [H]ex! ;)

evgabuckslol.jpg

I simplified this for everyone. The red circles indicate the approximate start of the month (and don't kill me if I am off a little... I did them in about 30 seconds.) Notice how there is always a spike? Also notice before the next red circle there is always a drop?

Now notice (and I'm sure you all already know this) how fucking awesome the [H]orde is from our weekly graph? Much love brothers and sisters! I <3 you all.

FlipBack said:
We're not gonna slack, our next target is default.

Godspeed, worthy competitor. If you make it we will be there to cheer you on. However you best keep your rearguard well-trained. There is now an enormous target on your back and not ours. Muahahaha!

last I checked you were only 61 years or so from catching them, but that was before you let production slump

I dont think even EVGA has enough bucks to make that happen short of 20 years

Maybe if like the top 5 teams all joined in, but thats about as likely as taking vitamin C to get over a bad case of the clap

I am sure there are enough connected people to arrange for Team 33 to "buy" a folder or two.

But what I really see as the issue is the overall advantage is you by an EVGA card and you will eventually get an ad that says come fold for EVGA. If not by a piece of paper in the box, then by an online ad when the buyer goes to register the card. A big advantage to generate EVGA folding members. The Buck program adds a little more advantage though I don't see it as the main reason.

Other card makers have also had an initial recruiting advantage (PNY, etc) but have not managed their program as well to date.

For Team 33 there is a attraction of a solid group of Folders, the stats board, and the glory in your Badge. There is also the knowledge base both on the [H]ard|Folding site and in the [H]ard|Forums.

We lack the ability to recruit "right out of the package". Something that might change the situation is if Team 33 produced a Folding application that is valuable to all, as well as provided an advertisement to join the [H]orde.

Last edited:
thank you sir, great graph. I hope EVGA production doesn&#8217;t drop a notch and I wish the best for all their team members, the bucks program is a great idea and has added a lot to the project we all believe in. I know this phenomenal team will EARN its place back and until then, even if we are not the no.1 team, we are the no.1 community.

I lost my job a while back, so I could only afford an AMD Hex. But it is still a [H]ex! ;)

Don't worry Speedy, you have a few AMD Hex brothers out there!:D..Not all of us can afford the Intel hex setups, but everything counts, everything!!..

On a personal note, I just want to express how much I also love this team...I haven't been on the boards much, due to a horrible personal situation that may of you IRC guys know about...

I just want to thank everyone that has help me (advice etc) and also has helped the world with the science we are all striving to crunch...I know that the day a diabetes cure is found is worth any amount of money to me (Dad is type I)..

If it makes you feel better some of us that do have the intel hex rigs really can't afford them either, even with a job lol

Back