Female Lead Cut From Assassin's Creed Unity

It probably has more to do with female characters require subtle nuances and male characters can be exaggerated to emphasize features. As to the clothing guys are happy with same clothes through an adventure because they are looking at the scenery, when their is female char on the screen your staring at the character. If you don't believe me go play through your favorite ten games, the only male character that are front and center change clothes and tend to have eye candy girls are thought to like. But going by the number of girls in games that have come up and told me they like my avatar (male avatars) I would say that some of them are way off and some are spot on. And for those thinking I'm calling them female vs male based on avatar, that would be silly since just as many girls play male chars so they can stare at the dudes butt. You simply need to play attention to words and way the words are written or hang out with them in vent or voice server if they are guildies.

A lot of people seem to think that a major change to an established series is the answer.
However, if they did it, all we'd see would end up as complaints about screwing with the beloved format.

Last I checked Ubisoft was in it for profit. I know that's a horrible word, but if Ubi went out, AC games might not have a future. I have a paying job because I need money. I don't go their because I necessarily love it, but I need money. Consequently, I, nor my co-workers are likely to continue if my employer stops paying us. To do that, they have to generate enough money to pay the people and bills. A radical change to what we do could prove fatal. Business don't want to go under and you can't make everyone happy---try it if you want to go insane.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Get off your high horse.
Yes, companies benefit from making the most people happy, but even if they appealed to what you like, that doesn't mean I will like it. I just don't get into MP, so something like Titanfall isn't for me. I'd like them to have an SP campaign, but that's not their. IT'S A GAME!

Coming from a retail environment, one of the dumbest arguments is "But, I liked it!"
So, fucking what? When it comes to sales, majority rules in most cases. You're not obliged to like that either, but it's the truth. It's not feasible to please everyone.

Master [H];1040893032 said:
Last I checked Ubisoft was in it for profit. I know that's a horrible word, but if Ubi went out, AC games might not have a future.

Ubisoft going out of business sounds great.

Costs don't make you money. Profit makes you money. You'll sell more games and make more profit if you appeal to a wider audience.

Not if the cost of appealing to the wider audience exceeds the revenue earned from the additional audience you appeal to.

Overly simplified, but lets say having two versions of any dialogue with a pronoun in it, as well as male and female models of the player and any player specific accessories is repeating say 20% of development efforts.

If before doing that, you spent 100 million and had to ship 50 million units (all made up numbers for easy math) to cover development expenses, by adding 20% to development costs, you have to now sell 60 million units to cover development costs. If your projected sales are 55 million, you lose money. If they are 70 million, you just cut your profit in half. If you plan it form the get go, do you cut gameplay content to cover it? Up the price? Make it more generic so it doesn't matter what your character is in co-op? Towards the end of development it may cost even more if you have to abandon and reschedule marketing plans. You may have totally different sales projections if you miss the christmas season and go for the easter game sale season. Or you miss the relatively cheap word of mouth from specific trade shows close to release.

People can complain all they want, but the reality is that stuff costs. If they really meant it, they should have called them on the additional costs by saying ok... we'll pre order DLC and put our money where our mouth is to prove it is something you should give priority to on day one and people will pay for it. Heck, if I were ubisoft, I'd schedule something like a directors cut edition or something now that will include that. Put up a pre order, and run it like a kickstarter. If you commit $X dollars we make it. If you don't, we don't.

What a complete nonsense excuse from these people...seriously. They had no problem animating women in any number of other games (wasn't the main character of AC: Liberation a woman?), but now suddenly it's "too much work"? I don't know that it's sexist, necessarily, but it's certainly lazy.

So much argument over this.

I get to Stab People in another period of history and looking at the gameplay previews, with improved overall effects. Does anything Else even matter? I could not care less if the main character was male/female/blob, so long as I get to stab people in a realistic feeling environment.

I'm generalizing, but women don't get as stuck on visual stuff in relationship to sexuality so looking at a butt one kinda butt or another for however many hours it takes to finish a game isn't as important as it is for a guy.

Are you suggesting men and women might be slightly different???

BURN HIM!!!!

I bet you think fantails are awesome too, don't you?! You freak.

So, basically it would require too much work from just copy pasta previous game assets and -- despite it being a story decision that they obviously thought should have some merit -- eff that make money.

Heaven forfend a company that's in business for profit tries to make money! /rabble rabble rabble!

Are you suggesting men and women might be slightly different???

BURN HIM!!!!

I bet you think fantails are awesome too, don't you?! You freak.

OMG! :eek: That was completely out of nowhere! Where have you been you evil comet goldfish hugging jerk? :D

I've been around, watching, waiting, lurking, observing all the fantail groping comments you make, sicko.

:D

You should come out to play more instead of peeking into the window. It's boring around here when you're hiding.

Back