Favorite video game character?

crashbandicoot1tj0.png

Anyone remember Lo Wang from Shadow Warrior? That's what I'm talking about! It was the funniest game I ever played.

ShadowWarrior2.gif

Anyone remember Lo Wang from Shadow Warrior? That's what I'm talking about! It was the funniest game I ever played.

ShadowWarrior2.gif

When I was 13, this was THE SHIT. Duke was cool but we'd talk about Lo Wang and repeat his quips over and over again, it was piss-your-pants funny to me and my friends. They just don't make them like they used too ey? ;)

When I was 13, this was THE SHIT. Duke was cool but we'd talk about Lo Wang and repeat his quips over and over again, it was piss-your-pants funny to me and my friends. They just don't make them like they used too ey? ;)

Same here... this game came out when I was a freshman in college. The quoting was endless between me and my friends when we were in lecture. What a game. So much attitude, and so campy.

oh.. you have SPLIT PERSONALITY!

well the Duke transcends all, but after that

Max Payne was one of those games thats story was so central around the character that the players immersion into the character was so much more then most games. I don't think I got so into a character as Max Payne since Squall from FF.

Others in this thread are neat, but they never seemed more then pixilated drawings. Gordon Freeman for example, I never had any connection with his character. He never talked, had attitude or any humanity to him. Great game, but they don't get much more plain then him.

I'll always remember playing as Max, coming home to a broken door, murdered wife and child and the perplexing mindfuck that was his life.

QFMFT

If we're talking about pure, unadulterated BADASSNESS then Duke is the man, but theres something about the Max payne games that really hits home.

The whole story telling method, the New York noir, witht he added storyboards which were created around real actors really added to the whole thing. Max Payne 2 was just as good if not better in a lot of ways. The ending for Max Payne 2 really hit it home, i've never felt so sorry for a game character before, this dude just can't catch a break.

If for some stupid reason you've not played the max payne games, they're quite cheap on steam right now, I'd pick them up. I got them in the mega rockstar pack which was a brilliant deal.

The master chief takes it for me. How many human characters have the ability to plant a nuclear device on a space ship, jump off, land back on earth without a aircraft, and then stand back up and say "what?".

The master chief takes it for me. How many human characters have the ability to plant a nuclear device on a space ship, jump off, land back on earth without a aircraft, and then stand back up and say "what?".

Good thing I've never cared enough to play any of the Halo games cause I assume thats the ending (for at least one of them).

I concur ^^ And thats because the Nameless One is you, whomever you may be.

Its not nearly as blah as oblivion where you're nameless, faceless, and characterless, but you are the nameless one, and you have a rich history

Max Payne (Max Payne series)
maxpayneinojl8.jpg

Duke Nukem (Duke Nukem series)
dukenukeminogx7.jpg

Sam Stone (Serious Sam series)
serioussaminoyy8.jpg

Augustus Cole (Gears of War)
augustuscoleinoaw5.jpg

Avery Johnson (Halo series)
averyjohnsoninoun2.jpg

Gman (Half-Life series)
gmaninofx6.jpg