1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Web Browsing and some graphics work (already have a good monitor). I need the computer to be fast in daily operations (ie bootup etc)
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
~$700. A little more or little less would be fine. Tax and shipping NOT included.
3) Where do you live?
California. I expect to be buying from places like amazon to keep the tax and shipping low, but you can leave the price hunting to me.
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific.
All parts of the computer. I dont need speakers, monitor, mouse, or keyboard. Just the case and components within.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
no parts will be re-used.
6) Will you be overclocking?
No
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I have a 22" ultrasharp. I am not planning on upgrading.
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
In the week.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Generally basic. No sli, raid, blah blah.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license?
Yes. Windows 7.
Things that I would like, but certainly arent necessary are sata 3/usb 3.
Speed is of the essence here. I want a fast computer and you can skimp in other areas (such as graphics). If it comes down to it, integrated graphics might do just fine. Raw processing power and speed are the most important here. An SSD in this rig is required somewhere but probably no larger than 40 GB to keep the cost down. So maybe the Intel 40GB would work here?
Web Browsing and some graphics work (already have a good monitor). I need the computer to be fast in daily operations (ie bootup etc)
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
~$700. A little more or little less would be fine. Tax and shipping NOT included.
3) Where do you live?
California. I expect to be buying from places like amazon to keep the tax and shipping low, but you can leave the price hunting to me.
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific.
All parts of the computer. I dont need speakers, monitor, mouse, or keyboard. Just the case and components within.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
no parts will be re-used.
6) Will you be overclocking?
No
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I have a 22" ultrasharp. I am not planning on upgrading.
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
In the week.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Generally basic. No sli, raid, blah blah.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license?
Yes. Windows 7.
Things that I would like, but certainly arent necessary are sata 3/usb 3.
Speed is of the essence here. I want a fast computer and you can skimp in other areas (such as graphics). If it comes down to it, integrated graphics might do just fine. Raw processing power and speed are the most important here. An SSD in this rig is required somewhere but probably no larger than 40 GB to keep the cost down. So maybe the Intel 40GB would work here?