FarCry 2 Early Performance Preview @ [H]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the guru3d review it would appear that Brent was right in the amount of ram being of value.

The 4870 performs far worse at least on average than in this preview and the only difference i can see is that guru used 4xAA.

At least at super high res, 512 may not be enough for max eye candy.

also, LOL at the people who can't read.

Wow ... the immature comments from posters and [H]ard staff, in response to the high resolution being questioned , are really quite sad. I expect better.
Also again with the 4870X2 discrepancy?

Its becoming apparent that it may be a mistake to show the general readers a preview at all. When writing a quick article that covers so many configurations, the author must pick a single common goal (Apples to Apples) to push the hardware through. If that configuration isnt your gaming preference then tough luck. [H]ardOCP normally takes the road less travelled and covers all the settings the game has to offer to in turn offer the reader the best possible profile at that given hardware configuration. This is a time-consuming process that cannot be offered in a preview. You readers need to be patient and allow time for the full article. Kyle and Brent were nice enough to offer you a taste, saying "Hey look how well this game runs at these insane resolutions, more to come!" and instead of being happy you attack them like the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.

If you don't like this article or have problems with the way we do things, the little red X in the corner of your browswer will solve all your problems. I ask that you use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back