Far Cry New Dawn

lemme guess, 1/3 the map of FC5, 2/3rds the price. Blood dragon was $20 when it came out. Far Cry is getting all up there with half ass mods disguised as new games.

The game has multiple locations, Hope County Montana, Arizona & Louisiana.

bfdqkl1tsv221.jpg

If The Bomb didn't blow up Boomer into pizza toppings, then old age did, since this picks up 17 years later.

But at least the new dog can ride shotgun.

And after reading.what it.is, i will pass. I hate building bs in games. I dint need forts and followers.

I've never understood why there wasn't a direct sequel to the original. It and FC3 were the only games I liked in the series, though I haven't played FC5. It just didn't spark my interest. Maybe I should give it a shot?

If.you liked 3 , play 4. 5 really isnt.that great. If will force progression on you. It will force you through the story weather you like itornot. 4 is more like 3

FC5 held, and still holds, zero interest for me. This looks like a Rage 2 ripoff. Whether it is or not, only time will tell, but I think it will get over shadowed by Outter Worlds, Rage 2, Division 2 and Metro Exodus regardless. If it proves worth it, maybe I'll pick up during a sale, but I'm way more hyped for other games at this point.

I think rage devs commented on nice use of pink. The original rage 2 trailer was fantastic in how different and interesting it looked. The FC series in general is frustrating in how boring and same everything is. FC5 made it worse. In previous games you had to fulfill objectives to capture a region. Now in FC5 they dumbed it down, just destroy lots of stuff and they cancel all side missions and force you into cutscenes - that you have to then escape from, over and over.

^ Well, good news, no capture mechanic to make us blow our brains out.

...some people didn’t like the forced captures that we had with the resistance system in the previous game, so we pushed that to the side and we changed the system to make sure the player would be the one in charge for making the story move forward and not being interrupted in his adventures.

--Jean-Sebastien Decant, Creative director

I like the capture idea it just gets really repetitive in FC5. You get captured, the villain talks to you for a few minutes, then you break out. And it repeats over and over. It felt like they were fucking with your mind, trying to convert you or break you down or something, but it was predictable after the 2nd time. It was also strange how they could hunt you down no matter where you were... Like, I'm hiding in a bush on the edge of the map, how did you find me ffs.

You can purchase this game on Steam but I wonder why you can't purchase The Division 2 just yet except on UPLAY.

Far Cry is kind of my heroin. I'll get this Day One, love it for its 20 hours or whatever and move on. I wouldn't even bother to score it, it's just something I'll always buy and play until they legitimately stop making enjoyable ones. Though it should be noted I've never played the spinoffs or DLC stuff like Blood Dragon or Primal. I rarely do that with any game series these days. There's something about just being handed the reins in a game to enjoy it however I see fit that calls to me.

In Far Cry 4 I was approaching a Radio tower about to shoot a guard when an eagle latched itself to my face, while I was trying to fight it off a Badger leaped onto my chest as I started flailing around I think a guard happened to notice me and threw a Molotov on me ending my misery. For some reason that experience never gets old for me, even when I spawn and immediately get throw across the map by a Rhino and then humped to death by a bear.

Is no one gonna mention the ridiculous crossbow that shoots circular saws? :penguin:

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
1080 SLI is a lot slower than the 2080 Ti, right. It should probably say 2080 or 1080 Ti instead.
Or it's Ubisoft's way of confirming SLI/CF. The AMD requirement is also a CF config.

1080 SLI is a lot slower than the 2080 Ti, right. It should probably say 2080 or 1080 Ti instead.
Or it's Ubisoft's way of confirming SLI/CF. The AMD requirement is also a CF config.
If this can be believed then 1080SLI is actually faster than 2080Ti in many games, there are a few exceptions but those probably don't support SLI properly, or bound by VRAM.

some reviews are coming out. apparently Far Cry franchise is moving to RPG format same as other UBI games.
Equipment will be level gated and will be useless against higher level enemies, same as odyssey

You will have one main base and you need to improve it to gain access to better stuff

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
some reviews are coming out. apparently Far Cry franchise is moving to RPG format same as other UBI games.
Equipment will be level gated and will be useless against higher level enemies, same as odyssey
Well that's just stupid. About the only thing I hated in odyssey, the constant grind to level up equipment and the huge disconnect between levels. Fuck that. I was on the fence about new dawn, but this seals it as a skip.

It is especially stupid in a shooter that the damage caused by a bullet is level dependent. I can somewhat understand it for bladed weapons and close combat, but definitely not to the degree odyssey did it.

It is especially stupid in a shooter that the damage caused by a bullet is level dependent. I can somewhat understand it for bladed weapons and close combat, but definitely not to the degree odyssey did it.

Guess you're not getting The Division 2 :p

Shop smart. GMG and other outlets mean no one has to pay near full price and they can stay legit, too.

One of my few complaints and quibbles on the newer AC games. This is a ham fisted approach.

Division's bullet sponging and hit box detection are absurd and I say this as someone who probably playing pushing 200 hours overall in it and got what I wanted out of it. I hope there are some refinements in these areas on 2. The Dark Zone was something I spent little time on because of the griefing and BS. My blood pressure simply couldn't take it. I hope there are some refinements there, too.

FC: New Dawn. It's a Far Cry 5 expansion that somehow, improbably carries on through the "fallout" (probably pun intended) from the unbelievable events at the end of the main campaign of 5.

I do think this series has run its course and they need to take a sabbatical after this.

Last edited:
Have this preorded on Steam I never played Far Cry 5 so this should be interesting.
The pink antler Elks and graffiti and the hot Chocolate girls got me.
Looks like fun and Nan with her sniper rifle not sure if she has dialogue in the game.

Been watching a bunch of recent previews and this looks a lot more appealing than far cry 5.
With the price cut on new dawn I'll probably pick it up. Far Cry 5 was my least favorite Ubi game in recent years, so... I am hesitant.

I didn't watch any reviews, but it seems to me that this is more of the same compared to FC5, I expect the same bullshit forced failures and you're captured idiocies, with surreal bossfights.

I don't want more from any of those.

too many better games coming out in the same timeframe- Metro: Exodus, Anthem and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice...so I'll pass...Far Cry 5 was enough for me until the next full game, FC6

I didn't watch any reviews, but it seems to me that this is more of the same compared to FC5, I expect the same bullshit forced failures and you're captured idiocies, with surreal bossfights.

I don't want more from any of those.

Yup, it's a glorified expansion at best.

I really do think this series is overdue for a sabbitcal and creative reset. If they can't do that maybe it's time to put it on the shelf.

Reactions: M76
like this
Since they ditched Arcade mode, anyone know if they will have the weekly challenges that actually give you loot worth a damn, and not stupid skins of clothes I will never equip?

Far Cry Primal seemed kinda depressing so I stayed away from it Far Cry 4 I'm like here we go game turned out to be pretty hard so I stopped playing it.
Far Cry 5 was all like David Koresh people say the ending sucked. Far Cry New Dawn get some Graffiti in there bring back the Saw blade gun from Redneck Rampage
bring in two big bad girls of your worst dreams. Have graffit done by an actual graffiti artists from Montreal this looks like a solid game =) I'm sure it will run good UBI game run pretty good so bugs shouldn't be a problem. I must say all the pink radioactive flowers seem out of place in the artwork but maybe they toned them down in the actual game.

Far Cry Primal seemed kinda depressing so I stayed away from it Far Cry 4 I'm like here we go game turned out to be pretty hard so I stopped playing it.
Far Cry 5 was all like David Koresh people say the ending sucked. Far Cry New Dawn get some Graffiti in there bring back the Saw blade gun from Redneck Rampage
bring in two big bad girls of your worst dreams. Have graffit done by an actual graffiti artists from Montreal this looks like a solid game =) I'm sure it will run good UBI game run pretty good so bugs shouldn't be a problem. I must say all the pink radioactive flowers seem out of place in the artwork but maybe they toned them down in the actual game.

Farcry 4 too hard???

Back