Far Cry 6

I gave up on the game and went to play more Valhalla with my subscription. Seems the general thing for Ubisoft games to just wait a year to actually play it.

I'm enjoying the game but it's definitely too easy, can literally just run into bases and one tap everyone without much effort.

What kind of gear you all sticking with? I can't bring myself to take off the parkour stuff and it was the first complete set I got.

I'm enjoying the game but it's definitely too easy, can literally just run into bases and one tap everyone without much effort.

What kind of gear you all sticking with? I can't bring myself to take off the parkour stuff and it was the first complete set I got.

Funny enough, there seems to be no reason to actually rock a complete set in this game. There aren't any perks as far as I can tell. At least beyond being able to equip everything super quickly. I'm using a mishmash of the parkour gear, marksman gear, and impact gear.

What's weird is they list the number you're wearing in a set.. But yeah, there's no bonus listed for a set completion.

Yeah, I mix and match my gear too. Depending on what I am doing.

Sorry if it's been asked before but what's everybody's favorite amigo? I just got Chicharron and I'm liking him, I've been using Chorizo the most because my play style is mostly stealth, so he distracts while I machete kill.

I actually find that I alternate amigos depending on the situation. I can see myself favoring Boom Boom for tagging as well ultimately. I actually need to do a better job managing my clothing loadouts.

I've been using Oluso as my amigo. You have to complete the quest where you find the 3 idols to unlock him, but you can do that pretty quickly. Those quests don't involve any firefights, so you don't have to sweat it if your gear sucks. I did it not long after I first got to the mainland. He's convenient because he full-on makes enemies disintegrate after he takes them out.

At this point I've actually found (or bought) all the non-special gear in the game. I haven't bothered with the fishing or hunting sets (or the MP-only ones), but I have everything else. Once you hit level 10, I don't think the vendors carry anything new. If you do the banditos missions every few hours, you'll have tons of money. They help with gunpowder, too. That's the main upgrade material you need.

Weapon-wise, I've grown to like the MP7. It's the highest rated SMG. Load it up with armor piercing rounds (like with every weapon) along with a silencer, dot sight, and 3 mods that boost damage. It hits as hard as a rifle, shoots a super tight grouping, and enemies won't hear it with the best silencers on it. Most weapons are good with damage mods and some type of compensator, but SMG's seem to be quieter so you don't constantly get swarmed by reinforcements.

Since I've pretty much found all there is to find from wandering, I'm probably going to push forward with the plot quests tomorrow. I completed the Madrugada quest, but have barely touched the others.

The textures not loading on Nvidia does bug me in this game.

EG: On change of weapon on normal textures. Missing blurry textures

I like your 4K display !! here kind of where I am with 1080p Ultra with HD textures on .

Do you think Steve had the HD textures working in his review?
I can say he did the correct way of testing the Far Cry 6 game.He restarted the game after every change in settings. I can not say if he had problems or not with HD textures.From the footage shown at the end of the video, it looks like it was good,if i was to guess I do not think the footage was with HD textures. anyway the video I showed was with HD textures off.

You generally won't see the texture issues in the short period of a benchmark. It's only after a few minutes of real gameplay.

Ubisoft is blaming 3rd party programs for your performance and crashing woes. Like to stream and/or chat while playing their games? How about something as simple as monitoring your hardware?

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/...bling-background-applications-on-pc/000063761

1635181481641.png

Credit where it's due, the article does explain this as a critical troubleshooting step. RGB software is particularly notorious for causing all kinds of issues. Streaming can also rob hardware resources that certainly do affect a game's performance if streaming from the same PC you're playing on.

Ubisoft is blaming 3rd party programs for your performance and crashing woes. Like to stream and/or chat while playing their games? How about something as simple as monitoring your hardware?

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/...bling-background-applications-on-pc/000063761

View attachment 406455

Credit where it's due, the article does explain this as a critical troubleshooting step. RGB software is particularly notorious for causing all kinds of issues. Streaming can also rob hardware resources that certainly do affect a game's performance if streaming from the same PC you're playing on.
isnt turning off all your other background crap part of troubleshooting 101? AB/RT have caused me issues before and is the first thing i turn of if crashing. basically anything else touching the nic, sound or vid can potentially screw with a game.

I've still gotten crashes to desktop (always when opening the map/subscreen) and literally the only things I'm running are Ubisoft Connect and the game. Obviously Windows runs all sorts of shit that you can't easily disable, but I have no RBG programs, overclocking programs, etc. running and my startup entries are totally blank.
They don't happen often, but I've had it happen 5-6 times over 40 hours and always when going to the map screen...like most everyone else. There's something going on there.

Out of those apps the only thing I might have running is Discord, which really shouldn't be an issue since it's a piece of software designed to be used with voice chat for gaming.

I've only had like one other map crash since the first one, thankfully.

The only issuse that I was having was that pop up window talking about vram when the HD Texture pack was on , all I had to do was open Ubisoft settings and disable that pop up notice and I can leave HD on .. I have not had any crashs in my limited playing and I use ReLive to record but no background AMD software is running other then SAM as just the game engine . my hardware is all AMD on x470 chipset ..

Also , Epic runs my copy from there game library and not Ubisoft

Now that I'm doing more missions (rather than just wandering and looting), it's interesting how uneven the treasure hunts and side missions are. Some are really well thought out and involve multiple steps...but give you complete garbage and/or minimal XP. Yet some of the best stuff in the whole game is just sitting around unprotected. It almost feels like they randomized most of the quest rewards.

Is there a fix yet for the Nvidia textures? Seems like there has only been one small patch so far. Holding off on this for a bit because it seems like it needs some patches for the PC version.

Is there a fix yet for the Nvidia textures? Seems like there has only been one small patch so far. Holding off on this for a bit because it seems like it needs some patches for the PC version.

I'm sure just like any other game it will work itself out unless it's Cyberpunk 2077 .. I held out on RR 2 and now
a much better price of $30 as the game now benefits with SAM on Radeon cards .

Hey guys. Someone here said that graphic is outdated. Yes?

Last edited:
I saw what appeared to be a very small update for the game. I'm not sure if it's anything at all. I don't see notes anywhere.

They certainly didn't fix the HD textures issue.

Why is it that when you enable HD textures, it shows a bump of like maybe 1 GB of VRAM usage in the menu, but in game I constantly get a "low VRAM" warning at the upper-right and the textures look like shit? What a poorly-coded system.

Also, if you truly need 16 GB of VRAM or whatever as well, that's also a pretty huge fail. I know it's an AMD title but it seems purposefully gimped on other cards.

I'm not even playing at 4K either, this is just 1440p.

They certainly didn't fix the HD textures issue.

Why is it that when you enable HD textures, it shows a bump of like maybe 1 GB of VRAM usage in the menu, but in game I constantly get a "low VRAM" warning at the upper-right and the textures look like shit? What a poorly-coded system.

Also, if you truly need 16 GB of VRAM or whatever as well, that's also a pretty huge fail. I know it's an AMD title but it seems purposefully gimped on other cards.

I'm not even playing at 4K either, this is just 1440p.
The 16GB requirement doesn't even make any sense given that the 'official' requirement is 11GB. However, the fact that this is happening on 3090's even tells me it's an issue with how the game is allocating/streaming the textures. It has nothing to do with hitting a usage wall.

The 16GB requirement doesn't even make any sense given that the 'official' requirement is 11GB. However, the fact that this is happening on 3090's even tells me it's an issue with how the game is allocating/streaming the textures. It has nothing to do with hitting a usage wall.
Yeah, I can only speak to what the game is telling me, which is that it should only be using roughly 6 GB of VRAM at my chosen settings, but I get a constant "Low VRAM" notice in the corner with HD textures enabled.

I agree it seems like a bug or some issue they need to work out.

Yeah, I can only speak to what the game is telling me, which is that it should only be using roughly 6 GB of VRAM at my chosen settings, but I get a constant "Low VRAM" notice in the corner with HD textures enabled.

I agree it seems like a bug or some issue they need to work out.
On my 3080ti w/ max settings and the HD textures I don't get any VRAM warning. However, i'm obviously getting the bug.

I saw what appeared to be a very small update for the game. I'm not sure if it's anything at all. I don't see notes anywhere.
PC, Luna, and Stadia:

• Fixed an issue that could cause performance issues when the Ubisoft Connect overlay was enabled on PC
  • General bug fixes

I'm running now to see if they slipped in a fix for the texture issue.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Far Cry 6 is sending emails mocking people for quitting the game :D

https://twitter.com/BrendanSinclair/status/1452986713098407945
I get the complaint, I guess, but I find it amusing if anything. I think the "outrage" over this is overblown.

That said, I have never gotten an email from Ubisoft about this so I guess I have that stuff turned off. I have seen screenshots of other emails with Castillo taunting you as well - I mean, if you're going to get emails from them anyway it's sort of clever to have it come "from" the antagonist.

The emails are irritating because a lot of people simply aren't playing because it has numerous issues and they have yet to release a decent patch since launch.

795MB patch dropped this morning. Will test when I get home.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
The update borked my game, too. Starting it just gave me a black screen. Having Ubisoft Connect re-verify my files fixed it. Pretty sure it re-downloaded the whole damn game. I looked in the Ubi forums and it's apparently a common issue.

The emails are irritating because a lot of people simply aren't playing because it has numerous issues and they have yet to release a decent patch since launch.
That's totally fair, I didn't think about that.

Back