Far Cry 6

Well now, things seemed to turn a little morbid in the South-East corner of the map. Unsure if it is a shrine or some cult sacrifice.

AG_FC6_SS_001.png

Edit: Another one at the place with the lighthouse in the background of the first screenshot.

AG_FC6_SS_002.png

Not being able to penetrate aircraft glass to kill the pilot with AP rounds is pretty annoying. I got ambushed by a helicopter and basically had no way to deal with it, short of using the Supremo which was on recharge at the time.

I am also not sure how you are supposed to destroy AA turrets if there's no explosives nearby. The rocket Supremo doesn't target it so you can't use that. If you get C-4 or something later, I haven't seen it yet and I think I'm rank 5 or so.

I had this happen to me too. Blast rounds and the turret on the car also do zero damage to the AA gun.

I watched a couple of videos and some show the Supremo hitting it with the rockets - for me it did not. It appears that it's inconsistent, and you may have to be really close to it. It would be nice if you could, you know, actually target things with the Supremo instead of the rockets going wherever they feel like. For me they just fired straight up into the air and did nothing.

Short answer: Find El Caballero. Basically a n00b tube grenade launcher.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Hey guys. Question. When i add to card and buy Far Cry 6 in ubico, where i will able to download hd textures?thx

Also i must have to install separately that hd textures pack or what?

Yeah, the HD texture pack is separate and listed as free DLC. You have to choose to install it - it's definitely not automatic.

And honestly, at this point I would not bother enabling it, as there are a lot of issues with low-res textures appearing when you have it enabled.

Ok so try, maybe you will get better textures maybe not. Try and see

Why are you like this?
why not try, if you don't care to listen to the answer given?
Not sure what you are replying to since I have that member on ignore. But imo fc6 doesn't look amazing even with the HD textures. This is 2021. Game looks years old in my humble opinion.

Not sure what you are replying to since I have that member on ignore. But imo fc6 doesn't look amazing even with the HD textures. This is 2021. Game looks years old in my humble opinion.
Probably that member, they asked if to enable the HD pack. I agree, even with the HD pack it looks really dated (not from personal experience, but what I've seen from reviewers). Looks what you'd expect in 2014

Probably that member. I agree, even with the HD pack it looks really dated (not from personal experience, but what I've seen from reviewers). Looks what you'd expect in 2014
I was excited when I got the code with a ryzen cpu a year ago now. Then it got delayed. The teasers didn't look great so I kind of ignored it. Then it came out and I said well a brand new game, even if it sucks at least I can enjoy state of the art eye candy.

Nope.

The HD textures do look pretty good IMO, but they are unusable given the issues right now, so I have them off.

I think the game looks really good minus some of the texture issues I’m having, runs well too. I always had issues in FC games where things like grass and trees would “dissolve” in and out as they enter and leave your view distance. I was able to recreate it in the benchmark but didn’t narrow down the setting that prevents it.

My biggest complaint after the first hour is how Guapo would rush into a camp, get spotted, and the baddies would just back up a bit? It’s a f*ing croc running up on you respond like it lol.

Also it’s almost like they took a page out of Doom Eternal’s book with the specific ammo for specific enemies, I didn’t think much of it until I tried to shoot one of the goons spraying the red stuff and it did basically no damage forcing you to use the flamethrower. Eff that noise, a bullet to the head is a bullet to the head, damn hazmat suit ain’t gonna help.

Ammo-wise, I just set all of my normal weapons to armor penetrating. That seems to eliminate any enemies that shrug off headshots. I don't think the named special weapons are affected, though. A few rapid fire shots from my cheesy-looking little golden pistol will kill damn near anything.

I've mostly just been running around taking out outposts, bases, etc. and looking for chests but and just now starting to actually pursue the story. I've freed like 1/4 of the main island and have found like 30 weapons, but haven't even activated the part of your game that lets you have your own bases and such.

Also it’s almost like they took a page out of Doom Eternal’s book with the specific ammo for specific enemies, I didn’t think much of it until I tried to shoot one of the goons spraying the red stuff and it did basically no damage forcing you to use the flamethrower. Eff that noise, a bullet to the head is a bullet to the head, damn hazmat suit ain’t gonna help.
Honestly, not really - you can just use AP rounds for everything and if you get a headshot, most of the time it's a one-hit kill (at least, in the earlier game). Even on the armored / poison dudes. You can also just shoot their tank backpack and it'll explode and kill them as well.

Troll, bot or mentally diminished I reckon.
Let's be nice. What if it is the latter? or English isn't their first language so hard for them to really understand everything (if so this is the wrong regional forum but what can you do, that's for them to decide).

I finished the game. I'm going to tie up loose ends (some FND bases) and maybe finish some of the Yaran Story missions. I played with HD textures enabled and only saw one or two places where a texture was busted, so I guess I got lucky. Performance was fairly good after settings FOV = 90, disabling the overlay, and I may have slightly reduced the autosave stutter by putting Win11 in game mode and creating some Windows Defender exclusions.

I experienced some of the dumbest crashes in this game, last one being me having exited to the menu to go do something, then the game crashing when I returned and pressed Escape to get back to the game. Climbing / grabbing ledges was really stupid in this game. Those are my only complaints.

I noticed that the Spanish dialect appears to be the same as the dialect in Resident Evil 4. I think I remember reading a comment about how RE4 takes place in Europe, but the Spanish dialect in RE4 was not European.

Edit: F that. The game sent me to an FND base I already captured, so I guess it goes into loop mode once completed. It did mention that some regions would be retaken and you would need to maintain control. Meh. I'm done.

Last edited:
I had a fun thing happen - I was wingsuit gliding or something and somehow fell through the map, and when I stopped falling below the map it suddenly teleported me to the rooftop where you start the game, in the "capital" (hardest zone). Bizarre shit.

Something I've noticed - there's minimal risk to going to the higher level areas early on. You don't have to try story missions or anything, just look around for chests and gear. The stuff in the eastern and southeastern part of the island tends to simply be better and there's no real reason you can't go get it immediately.
At the very least, you can go complete the Triada missions almost right away, which nets you a pretty awesome amigo and full set of good gear. If you grab other chests near those sites, you'll almost certainly find several good unique weapons or even a 3-star normal weapon or two.

Interested in this game but wow.. I can't justify the price they are asking for an UBI copy pasta. Does FC6 really differentiate itself from the pack of all other open world UBI games?

Interested in this game but wow.. I can't justify the price they are asking for an UBI copy pasta. Does FC6 really differentiate itself from the pack of all other open world UBI games?
Just sign up for the Ubisoft + subscription service. Its $15. You can play through this game in under a month then cancel the service.

Just sign up for the Ubisoft + subscription service. Its $15. You can play through this game in under a month then cancel the service.
And by the time you want to play the game again (if ever), all the DLC will be out and the Gold Edition on sale for about $20. So you end up paying less than the Standard Edition price, for the entire package.

AG_FC6_Time_002.png

72 hours to complete Far Cry 6. I was not expecting the ending as it turned out.

I do have to comment that Far Cry 6 has been one of the most satisfying, entertaining games I've played in a long while. Major improvements over Far Cry 5. So much so that I'll be writing up a piece for the Review the game you just finished thread.

I finished it in 24 hours. Of course I didn't do most of the yaran stories and the pointless repetitive side activities, that only give resources that I never needed.

Just getting back to playing as I like to take breaks , moved up 1080p Ultra and the game feel very fluid unlike Fry Cry 5 .

Back