Far Cry 6

Actually 6 is a HUGE improvement over 5. Still nowhere near the amount of small details as 2 had, but seeing that gives me confirmation that I'll play this one, and I'm going to buy FC6 when it's cheap enough.
Kinda bummed there's no gray market keys to buy :( This game is no different than 3,4,5, primal, dragon ...shouldn't be $100.

I have 9 hours in this and it's the same old crap, but that's exactly what I expected. I've been playing with high settings (ultra fog) and DXR reflections at 1440p so I can maintain ~90FPS on an RTX3090 + i7-9700k. The game has creshed on me twice, both times in vehicles, no issues other than that. Helicopters are annoying because you can't shoot the pilots through the windows.

I never played a far cry game, I've played watchdog and almost every AC game. Is this worth grabbing? I do enjoy ubisoft games obviously. Maybe I'll try another of the far cry, any recommendation on which one?
I bet you'll like far cry then.

my list is 3 > blood dragon > 5 >>>>>> 4 = 2.
would not recommend 4 or 2.

It seems CTDs are related to the instability of the online crap services. For a while the game wouldn't even start it would just crash back to desktop from the splash screen. Then after the services stabilized, I could play for 3 hours without a single crash. But yeah, check your overclock my ass.

Only 3 hours in but I'm liking it a lot more than Far Cry 5.

What's annoying for me is I get a message on the upper right hand corner from Ubisoft Connect telling me to update my graphics card drivers.

The reason why I haven't updated them is because the newer 472.12 drivers would cause another game, The Division 2, to act up with the skybox,etc so I rolled back the drivers. I don't know if the developer Massive fixed that or not yet, but not going to risk it. It would be nice if they did so I can update my drivers. Time to head on over to Reddit.

Why do people make videos like this? 1080p and comparing HD Textures to standard, besides the video compression degradation, HD textures has to have higher resolution to be seen correctly for the finer detail.
Exactly my thoughts.. it was hard enough to tell any differerence with the static photos, let alone once you introduce the artifacting in the moving sections they tried to compare here.. not that the scenery even matches, it wasn't 1:1 which made it pointless unless you want to play I Spy with my Little Eye with this YouTube clip.. thanks anyway to the creator though. Is it just me or is the artificating gotten so much worse than years prior? Any first person shooter looks like a smeared mess on YT now at 1080p and only marginally better at 1440p, double worse if there's ANY vegetation around

Review by WAB:

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m having crashes now since yesterday. Didn’t crash at all day 1. Something is up.

I’m having crashes now since yesterday. Didn’t crash at all day 1. Something is up.
I'm pretty sure when the game looses connection to the servers it crashes. At least on ubisoft+. Each time it crashed for me it also failed to sync saves, proof that the servers were not responding before timeout.

I'm enjoying the game so far, I've enjoyed pretty much all the installments of Far Cry and completed every single one of them.

Runs perfectly on my 5900x/3090 without any performance issues @4K maxed out. This game uses at least more than 10GB of VRAM, glad I got a 3090, both the 3080 and the 3080 Ti never appealed to me due to its smaller VRAM size.

If you want to try out the game without having to buy it, get the Ubisoft+ subscription is what I did. $15 is not a big deal and you get access to most Ubisoft's AAA games.

I'm pretty sure when the game looses connection to the servers it crashes. At least on ubisoft+. Each time it crashed for me it also failed to sync saves, proof that the servers were not responding before timeout.
Just played for about a hour with zero crashes. It must be some DRM/Online BS causing it.

I vaguely recall Farcry 5 having similar issues in the launch week.

Anyways, i'm having a blast with this game. There is way more to do here compared to Farcry 5. Also, I enjoy the combat a bit more. FC5 it was very easy to cheese enemies. New dawn took it too far with bullet sponge. This is a happy middle-ground I think.

Just played for about a hour with zero crashes. It must be some DRM/Online BS causing it.

Anyways, i'm having a blast with this game. There is way more to do here compared to Farcry 5. Also, I enjoy the combat a bit more. FC5 it was very easy to cheese enemies. New dawn took it too far with bullet sponge. This is a happy middle-ground I think.
The enemies are so slow to react I can basically waltz in into any location without a care in the world and take out everyone. Or just pick them off from a distance like its nothing. It's way too easy, FarCry5 was much harder, but then again that had difficulty settings, this doesn't.

Got my first crash this morning. Luckily the game saved a few seconds before, so it was a pretty minor inconvenience.

Difficulty-wise, at first I thought it was pretty challenging. Then I learned about armor piercing rounds. I was wondering why in the hell everyone seemed to take headshots and not die. I've been cruising ever since. I like the how the custom weapons you find can't be upgraded, but they have some nifty stuff pre-attached. That's a good way of keeping things balanced over the long haul.

The game is as expected, which is a fun distraction. I'm happy I got it. Performance is good and the occasional loading hitch doesn't really matter to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this

Ubisoft tends to use 2-3 different DRM technologies so they might be having issues like Capcom did with RE Village. Seems to be the trend to use Denuvo + another similar technology underneath.

More BS exit to desktop tonight. I’m giving up for now.

More BS exit to desktop tonight. I’m giving up for now.
Are all you guys that are getting crashes playing on UbiSoft+? Because honestly in 14hrs I have not had a single crash while playing without using the subscription service.

Yes, it’s Ubisoft +. It’s not even really a crash per say. The game basically just quick exits to desktop. Nothing in event viewer is reported. It seems to happen during heavier play hours. I played all morning without issue.

Whatever. I’ve got Metroid to play..

I finally switched FOV from 75 to 90 after 10+ hours and I don't know why I just didn't do that from the start. Framerate appears smoother and things seem sharper in 90.

I finally switched FOV from 75 to 90 after 10+ hours and I don't know why I just didn't do that from the start. Framerate appears smoother and things seem sharper in 90.
Very interesting with the FOV, I tested it on my rig and according to the ingame benchmark it has seemed to smooth out the frame dips with the FOV set to 90

AG_FC6_Time_001.png

30 hours in to FC6 and really enjoying the game story. Doesn't have any freaky stuff unlike FC5. Several things I've noticed:

- vehicles seem to handle a lot better than FC5. The initial vehicle is my favorite especially with the mods.
- Amigos don't get in the way as much as other games such as Far Cry 5 and Fallout 4 and are actually quite useful. Guapo kicks serious ass and doesn't get downed all that often.
- Can't stand 75 FOV so immediately adjusted to 90 at start of game. Even on 2560 x 1440 144Hz 27" Acer monitor the game is really smooth on medium high settings. This is without the HD pack. RTX 2060 mobile is handling it well.
- Weapons are decent and the mods make them even greater. Weapons I favor so far are the D50 and unique rifle Surf & Turf. Headshots galore with that combo combined with the way I play. Sniper rifle I'm using a modded SVD though I'm currently on the hunt for the The Transubstantiator since it has been recommended by many sites.

Off to play I go! :D

I'll have to try the FOV thing, too. The further I get, the more I'm enjoying the game. The different weapons with built-in effects are great and it's actually a little surprising how good some of the early ones are. You get the "Autocrat" pistol in the very first area, but that little thing is beastly with headshots. The shotgun that sets people on fire is also pretty badass and hits from way, way further than a shotgun should. The fire effect works on helicopters, so it's great for downing 'em. Shoot 'em a few times, hide, and repeat.

I'm getting into this as well. I'm enjoying it.

Sorry if this has already been addressed and I missed it but has anyone else had the issue where you go click on the map and it...really...slows...things...down. Then you come out of it and takes about 10 seconds for things to recover. I feel like I've seen that before in at least one previous Ubisoft game. What's that about?

EDIT: I was playing, hit on the map...and had it basically crash and close the game. Maybe a memory leak or some such?

Last edited:

Sorry if this has already been addressed and I missed it but has anyone else had the issue where you go click on the map and it...really...slows...things...down. Then you come out of it and takes about 10 seconds for things to recover. I feel like I've seen that before in at least one previous Ubisoft game. What's that about?

EDIT: I was playing, hit on the map...and had it basically crash and close the game. Maybe a memory leak or some such?
If you are playing on ubisoft+ whenever the service goes down, the game quits without warning. There is zero offline play with ubisoft+ You can't even start the game in offline mode. I'm currently thinking asking for my subscription fee back, I couldn't play the game for 2 days straight now, if it miracolously starts at some point, then it will quit during the game after 10-15minutes, which is even more infuriating.

That “crash” where the game just exits is the issue we are talking about.

If you are playing on ubisoft+ whenever the service goes down, the game quits without warning. There is zero offline play with ubisoft+ You can't even start the game in offline mode. I'm currently thinking asking for my subscription fee back, I couldn't play the game for 2 days straight now, if it miracolously starts at some point, then it will quit during the game after 10-15minutes, which is even more infuriating.
Yeah, it's pissing me off. Been happening all morning. Can't play because it won't sign in to the client properly.

Really a shame, because i'm enjoying this game a lot, but it's being absolutely ruined by this 'service' BS. I have no problem with paying for a service, but FFS, it better work.

I've not pirated for about 12 years now but this makes me wonder if cracks are still worthwhile for legitimate purchases because of stuff like this. I'd not be a happy customer if this stuff were happening to me had I bought the game

The different weapons with built-in effects are great and it's actually a little surprising how good some of the early ones are. You get the "Autocrat" pistol in the very first area, but that little thing is beastly with headshots. The shotgun that sets people on fire is also pretty badass and hits from way, way further than a shotgun should. The fire effect works on helicopters, so it's great for downing 'em. Shoot 'em a few times, hide, and repeat.
Yeah, I think the only thing that will really keep me going in this is unlocking all of the cool unique weapons.

I've not pirated for about 12 years now but this makes me wonder if cracks are still worthwhile for legitimate purchases because of stuff like this. I'd not be a happy customer if this stuff were happening to me had I bought the game
The problem is, most of the time Denuvo stuff takes sometimes months to get cracked, or people have to just wait for the publisher to remove the DRM. So you are SOL if you bought the game and can't refund.

Are people with the stand-alone retail game (not the Ubi+) version of the game having crashes related to the network, too? I've had one CTD in 9 hours, but just chalked it up to "that's PC gaming" since I have all the bells & whistles cranked.

Are people with the stand-alone retail game (not the Ubi+) version of the game having crashes related to the network, too? I've had one CTD in 9 hours, but just chalked it up to "that's PC gaming" since I have all the bells & whistles cranked.
I don't know if mine was related to the network (non-Ubi+ version) - it seemed more like a general DirectX crash when it happened to me. I haven't really played much since so I can't say.

I had one crash where the game actually locked up. The frequent crashes are just the game quitting, basically. No error messages or anything. The single crash I had where the game locked up the game actually did a crash-log. The others, there was nothing. That tells me it some DRM related BS.

Keep in mind this is on a stable non-OC system. I intentionally don't OC for that reason. All games, to include the latest COD's, which are VERY sensitive to instability, run just fine.

Is there any penalty for dying in this game? While looking around for loot chests, I've died a few times. It seems to register everything you picked up prior to dying and it even respawns a lot of the collectables in the area.

Is there any penalty for dying in this game? While looking around for loot chests, I've died a few times. It seems to register everything you picked up prior to dying and it even respawns a lot of the collectables in the area.
No, it’s like the prior games. Only penalty is restarting a mission checkpoint.

I had one crash where the game actually locked up. The frequent crashes are just the game quitting, basically. No error messages or anything. The single crash I had where the game locked up the game actually did a crash-log. The others, there was nothing. That tells me it some DRM related BS.

Keep in mind this is on a stable non-OC system. I intentionally don't OC for that reason. All games, to include the latest COD's, which are VERY sensitive to instability, run just fine.

It will most likely be like other titles where they will deny DRM has any effect, then quietly patch it out after the requisite 2 months or whatever of sales, thereby fixing the issues.

My character used a flashlight in very dark caverns or tunnels in Esperanza city. The only time I've ever seen it used. Didn't know it existed. It was automatic use, so apparently it's not possible to turn it on and off whenever you feel like it.

Don't know if there are any other really dark locations or anyplace else where he or she uses the flashlight, personal light device, penlight or whatever the heck it's called. But I hope to see it used again because gadgets are interesting.

What's annoying for me is I get a message on the upper right hand corner from Ubisoft Connect telling me to update my graphics card drivers.
To get it to go away for each start of the game click off one of the Notification options in Ubisoft Connect Settings. Doesn't matter which notification setting I click off, many of them work. Edit: And for some reason it still works if you click on a notification message. You can then click it back off and the message box will still be gone. Sorry if you already knew all this.

The message stays off for as long as you're in the game but if you exit the game you have to repeat the process when re-entering. My Nvidia video card drivers are old enough to trigger the message on btw. I'll update them eventually.

Last edited:
To get it to go away for each start of the game click off one of the Notification options in Ubisoft Connect Settings. Doesn't matter which notification setting I click off, many of them work. Edit: And for some reason it still works if you click on a notification message. You can then click it back off and the message box will still be gone. Sorry if you already knew all this.

The message stays off for as long as you're in the game but if you exit the game you have to repeat the process when re-entering. My Nvidia video card drivers are old enough to trigger the message on btw. I'll update them eventually.

Thanks, I actually didn't know, even after playing with settings so not sure how I missed that but that helps.

Edit: I checked TheDivision reddit and the problem still persists with the Nvidia drivers and crashes,etc, so looks like I'll be hanging onto outdated drivers until Massive fixes their shit. Bummer since I still play it. Anyways, back to Far Cry.

Last edited:
Back