Far Cry 5 System Specs Released

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
You can head over to UBIBLOG to get the full scoopage, but let's hit the highlights, and I like how UBI has listed things out here in terms of what you need to have Far Cry 5 running on your system. Multi-GPU functionality on day one!

Min: OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only) - PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.1 GHz or AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5 GHz or equivalent - VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 or AMD R9 270 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better) - SYSTEM RAM: 8GB - Resolution: 720p - Video Preset: Low

RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION (60 FPS): OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only) - PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2 GHz or equivalent - VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD R9 290X (4GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better) - SYSTEM RAM: 8GB - Resolution: 1080p - Video Preset: High

4K 30 FPS CONFIGURATION: OS: Windows 10 (64-bit version only) - PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X @ 3.6 GHz or equivalent - VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 or AMD RX Vega 56 (8GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better) - SYSTEM RAM: 16GB - Resolution: 2160p - Video Preset: High

4K 60 FPS CONFIGURATION: OS: Windows 10 (64-bit version only) - PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.4 GHz or equivalent - VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 SLI or AMD RX Vega 56 CFX (8GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better) - SYSTEM RAM: 16GB - Resolution: 2160p - Video Preset: High/Ultra

Quite frankly, those are not as hefty as I would have thought them to be. A 1070 for 4K at 30fps on high graphics setting is nothing to sneeze at for sure, and as always, we stick to true 4K enthusiast being the realm of the 1080 Ti as you can see in our 4K gameplay benchmarks.

The video below pushed out last week and has a taste of what the devs think about their game, which we eagerly await.

Check out the video.

“PC has always been a key element of Far Cry’s DNA, and this couldn’t be truer with Far Cry 5,” says Kirill Bragin, PC Version Producer on Far Cry 5. In order to help ensure PC players have the best experience possible, the Benchmark feature and video memory usage meter will help you analyze your system and calibrate the myriad visual options, including variant aspect ratio support, FOV adjustment, optional FPS locking, and resolution scaling. But players won’t need to dive into the calibration menus if they don’t feel like it, says Bragin, because “the game will auto-detect the user’s hardware and will set the matching quality preset and resolution.” Furthermore, Far Cry 5 will support multi-GPU functionality, allowing players to significantly improve performance.

Works for me, I'm a dinosaur still playing things in 1080 (when I have time to play), so it's all gravy man!

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 SLI ---had to do a triple take on that. I don't remember the last time SLI support was listed for a game.

Wow, so there is a reason I should keep 'em. Maybe I'll get this game just to see.

Those seem really low given the IQ of previous Far Cry games
Oh give them a break. They've misrepresented the image quality on every game they've published for the better part of a decade now. Maybe there's a chance they're showing actual footage this time. I mean probably not, but for god's sake, if they're actually being honest this time, encourage it, don't sandbag it.

Works for me, I'm a dinosaur still playing things in 1080 (when I have time to play), so it's all gravy man!

I'm in the same boat. Hell, my monitor is 1920x1200!

I have no intentions of upgrading from my 970 until there's something worth upgrading for.

Oh give them a break. They've misrepresented the image quality on every game they've published for the better part of a decade now. Maybe there's a chance they're showing actual footage this time. I mean probably not, but for god's sake, if they're actually being honest this time, encourage it, don't sandbag it.

Its out in March and they've been showing it off to press and letting them play it since E3. Also, I'm pretty sure AC: O looked like the reveal.

Awesome so my R9 Fury should play this smooth at 1080P on high settings.

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 SLI ---had to do a triple take on that. I don't remember the last time SLI support was listed for a game.

Wow, so there is a reason I should keep 'em. Maybe I'll get this game just to see.
Honestly I think that's a placeholder. That would potentially be the performance level of 2080 or 2080 TI but they can't know that yet so 1080 SLI is the ballpark performance level needed.

Honestly I think that's a placeholder. That would potentially be the performance level of 2080 or 2080 TI but they can't know that yet so 1080 SLI is the ballpark performance level needed.

It's not just a placeholder, Ubi claims multi-GPU support: http://blog.ubi.com/en-GB/far-cry-5-pc-specs-system-requirements-revealed/

“PC has always been a key element of Far Cry’s DNA, and this couldn’t be truer with Far Cry 5,” says Kirill Bragin, PC Version Producer on Far Cry 5. In order to help ensure PC players have the best experience possible, the Benchmark feature and video memory usage meter will help you analyze your system and calibrate the myriad visual options, including variant aspect ratio support, FOV adjustment, optional FPS locking, and resolution scaling. But players won’t need to dive into the calibration menus if they don’t feel like it, says Bragin, because “the game will auto-detect the user’s hardware and will set the matching quality preset and resolution.” Furthermore, Far Cry 5 will support multi-GPU functionality, allowing players to significantly improve performance.

They've had to account for the fact that nobody can afford more than a 1GB GT 1040 SE right now ...

They probably didn't even consider that, but that is a very good point. With the price of RAM and GPUs skyrocketing I am genuinely concerned for the future of PC gaming.

So...why does going from 1080P/60 with high settings to 4k/30 with high settings require a faster processor? o_O

i like that specifications is actually based on resolution and FPS rather than "minimum" and "recommended"

That is nice, but I find it puzzling that the CPU requirements grow with higher res. That usually isn't the case.

Usually a specific game running at 60fps will tax the CPU identically regardless of any other settings, including resolution.

Heck, sometimes raising the resolution even REDUCES the CPU load, as now you become GPU limited.

I would have expected 4k30hz to require less of a CPU than 1080p60hz.

You can have additional over head with SLI/CFX, increase traffic on the pcie bus meaning less time the CPU takes, the more other stuff can happen. Anyways looks amazing to me, can't wait to play - Man I wished this was in VR - maybe FarCry 6. I guess 1080 Ti SLI will be overkill, even at 4K except I most likely will be using 3440x1440 with the 1080 Ti's.

Win 10 for 4k? Well no sale. (Ok I've never bought a FryCry game yet, so I doubt they care much.) I got too big a backlog anyway. Of course it's probably too large for me to DL anyway so triple whammy (I do wish they'd put these on a memory stick, maybe as more people face caps they will have to).

More objects on screen if they use draw culling based on pixel space instead of screen percentage.

Interesting...I did not know that. But even so, it seems unlikely that the CPU load will more than double. It is, after all, half the frame rate.

Last edited:
Yes they have, doom was multiplayer and back then people just played the game instead of worrying about FPS and "experience" and that BS.
If you think people weren't concerned about having a playable framerate back then, you have holes in your memory. Doom was a reason to upgrade. It also didn't have a FOV so narrow as to make you vomit, something many developers are still "rediscovering" 20+ years later.

"Far Cry 5 will support multi-GPU functionality, allowing players to significantly improve performance."

Well, as part of a seemingly extreme minority of people that still have SLI rigs I find this interesting. Maybe they're also trying to appeal to all the miners who wonder what to do with their cards now that crypto is crashing-haha!

Haven't been a fan of Far Cry for a long time but props for them supporting SLI. Maybe a proper HDR 4K computer monitor will come out before the game does.

Game looks neat, but I would have rather seen more of the game and less camera time of those two dudes. I found myself skipping ahead every time the camera switched to them.

I'm simply hoping for a resolution scale slider. To me, that has been the greatest feature of the last 5 years. When you have more horsepower than 1080p needs, but 4K/60 ain't happening, resolution scaling comes to your rescue.

I'm wondering what my rig in sig will pull down. I'm hoping at least 45fps@4K.

I'm simply hoping for a resolution scale slider. To me, that has been the greatest feature of the last 5 years. When you have more horsepower than 1080p needs, but 4K/60 ain't happening, resolution scaling comes to your rescue.

Oh, you mean you use it for a form of supersampling AA?

Personally I've never used the feature, as I'm usually trying to run at 4k, so I'd be running lower and scaling up instead which just looks blurry and shitty.

My go to steps when I can't quite make 4k work are instead to create a custom ultrawide resolution (3840x1646) and play letterboxed top and bottom on the screen. That immediately tends to improve framerates by about 25%.

If I still can't make 60fps work, I take advantage of the fact that I game on a TV as my monitor, and it has European TV refresh rate compatibility, so I try vsync to 50hz instead of 60.

Only if that doesn't work, do I try to drop settings below "ultra" in game.

Back