Fan header problem

ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
Not sure if i did damage something but after plugging a fan into one of the 5 headers upon starting up i am getting cpu fan error message right before the enter bios screen and it says press f1 to enter bios oh and the fan is turning, so i enter bios but do not know what to do. So i unplgged the fan and tried all the other 4 fan headers and same thing, So i plugged the fan into a fan header board on the back of the case and rebooted the computer and it works. I get a qcode of 02 and a green light stays on under the qcode when the fan is plugged into the mb, now the computer is working i do not get any code but nothing is plugged into the mb, Any idear whats going on ?

Not sure if i did damage something but after plugging a fan into one of the 5 headers upon starting up i am getting cpu fan error message right before the enter bios screen and it says press f1 to enter bios oh and the fan is turning, so i enter bios but do not know what to do. So i unplgged the fan and tried all the other 4 fan headers and same thing, So i plugged the fan into a fan header board on the back of the case and rebooted the computer and it works. I get a qcode of 02 and a green light stays on under the qcode when the fan is plugged into the mb, now the computer is working i do not get any code but nothing is plugged into the mb, Any idear whats going on ?
Is it a new mobo, what model?
Try reseting the BIOS, remove battery.

Depending on what's going on here it could be anything from a bent Pin on the CPU to the PSU not being seated correctly on the mainboard or PS.

Lots of possibilities. You didn't just drop in a new CPU did you?

dark hero, and no i have had the system for awhile all i did was change the fan i did not even take the cooler off or anything, i shut it down changed fan started it up !!

Is the new fan spinning slower than the old one? Asus MBs will complain if the detected RPM is less than a lower threshold. Look in BIOS for fan settings and minimum PWM speed. Try increasing it. And make sure the CPU fan is plugged into the CPU fan header. Asus MBs will always complain if no fan is plugged into that header when the header is enabled in BIOS. It's to warn in case the fan didn't start to spin on startup.

Is the new fan spinning slower than the old one? Asus MBs will complain if the detected RPM is less than a lower threshold. Look in BIOS for fan settings and minimum PWM speed. Try increasing it. And make sure the CPU fan is plugged into the CPU fan header. Asus MBs will always complain if no fan is plugged into that header when the header is enabled in BIOS. It's to warn in case the fan didn't start to spin on startup.
This!

yes the fan is spinning good speed and yes u are right i have the fan header enabled in the bios i had the old fan plugged into the mb then the new one i plugged into same spot and i got the erra messg. so i then tried the old fan again but still got the message. ok so now like i said before i have one of those pcb boards u can plug 5 fans into and u got a connection for the power supply and a wire to go to the fan header on the mb so i plugged that wire into the mb and started it up and it worked lol im lost!!!1

Are the old and new fans both 4-pin or 3-pin? Maybe the new fan connector is different from the old fan. The BIOS has a setting for PWM fan and DC control. If there is a mismatch, it could cause the errors you're seeing.

there both 4 pin and both old and new fan works fine i am using the new one i just have it plugged into sata powered fan hub i have in the back. But if that fan header on the mb is broke does that stop all the other mb headers not to work cause i plugged it into all of them and no other one worked?

Back