Fan Controller.

RogueTadhg

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking to power upto 10 Noctura Fans (140s) drawing 5.5 Amps at most. I'd like to be able to control them as well so I've been looking around and I haven't really seen something that can handle 4 pin PWM at 5.5 Amps.

I'm looking to power upto 10 Noctura Fans (140s) drawing 5.5 Amps at most. I'd like to be able to control them as well so I've been looking around and I haven't really seen something that can handle 4 pin PWM at 5.5 Amps.

Do they need to be controlled independently from each other?

You could always just use one of those pwm splitters with a separate molex or sata power connector.

I use two of these, and I am very happy with them.

No idea what the max current draw is though.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Aquaero. Four PWM channels at 2.5 amps per channel will let you spread the load. Awesome standalone controller, if on the pricy side. The LT model is the best value.

Aquaero. Four PWM channels at 2.5 amps per channel will let you spread the load. Awesome standalone controller, if on the pricy side. The LT model is the best value.

Yeah, I have to second that the Aquaero is pretty amazing.

Only downsides are the price, and that the software is windows only. (But this is not a huge problem, You can just set up the controller in Windows, the settings and custom fan profiles are then stored in the memory of the controller and it will do it's thing without the software)

Yeah, I have to second that the Aquaero is pretty amazing.

Only downsides are the price, and that the software is windows only. (But this is not a huge problem, You can just set up the controller in Windows, the settings and custom fan profiles are then stored in the memory of the controller and it will do it's thing without the software)
Yeah, that's one of the best things about it - it is standalone. Once you configure it you can uninstall the software and unplug the USB header, if you're so inclined, though it won't be able to use software-reported temperature values like core temp if you do that

Yeah, that's one of the best things about it - it is standalone. Once you configure it you can uninstall the software and unplug the USB header, if you're so inclined, though it won't be able to use software-reported temperature values like core temp if you do that

Yeah, since I have thermal probes in my loop, this wasn't an issue for me. My fan speeds are determined entirely off of loop temp.

My biggest issue with the Aquaero is that the pins for the eight thermal probes are very close together, so it's not very forgiving if your probes have a different type of connector.

You could DIY, you need to have one fan send RPM to the motherboard, from the mobo the PWM signal goes to all fans, and finally, run the 12V straight off the PSU. When I had my main system in my TJ07 I did this with a whole bunch of PWM splitters, pulled the 12V out of the final plug and used a molex to 3 pin for the 12V rail. I didn't have to mod or solder anything, just a little bit of pin pulling and it was done.

I also made my own PWM fan hub when the Deepcool FH-10s I bought turned out to be junk. Only took about an hour.

I was planning on doing it like this - I was using the Coolermaster to send the RPM information from one fan to a Kingwin fan controller. It didn't work. The fans just blasted at full speed (Which is how I knew the hub could handle the load of 8 noctura fans at 3000 RPM) I have noctura's PWM controller coming in tomorrow, so I'd like to see if I can hook that up to the PWM side of things and it might do the trick.

I did connect it to the motherboard sensor and it works to control the hub. However, if I really decide to go ahead with push/pull (Which seems to be the case), I don't have on board fan controllers for the 3/4 hubs.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back