Fallout 76

Hangs at exit for me every time as well. Also been disconnected from the server randomly multiple times. Not the most pleasant of gaming experiences so far, for sure.

Yeah, when I exit now, I just do an Exit to Main Menu, then alt-tab out and kill the process.

Mine has been hanging there the whole time. I just end the process after 5-10 seconds if it doesn't eventually do it automatically.

It started for me with this most recent patch.

I just Ctrl-Alt-Del to open the task-manager and end the process etc.

I finally found a decent rifle again. The lever-action .45 rifle seems to be the successor to the .308 rifles once you hit level 35 or so. They do 30-40% more damage and ammo for them starts dropping like crazy, too. They also seem to make enemies explode like the older Fallout games. I've found better shotguns, but none seem to hit any harder than that .45 rifle and they have basically no range. The only point of them seems to be to use another ammo type since melee is crazy strong.

i keep getting loading screens that last forever, and it crashes when i exit. i have a mission that is bugged that requires me to craft something that i have materials for but says i dont.

i also sort of ran out of things that arent daily/bugged/30 levels higher than me. im at 28.

Enemy levels are based upon the levels of players on the server. If you're facing enemies that are overwhelmingly too powerful, bail back to the main menu and go to another server. That seems to fix quests that don't seem to want to show up (or complete), too. Bethesda has a lot tied to your individual server, so if if your quests conflict with another player's, they sometimes get borked. It won't fix everything, but it's fixed everything major I've encountered so far. I have a weird key that randomly generates loot in one of 3-4 mines every day and never seems to end. Not sure if it's supposed to do that, but it does.

If I start up a game and see 3-4 players over level 100 running around in my area I head for the other side of the map or just bail to another server. Generally speaking, enemy levels should be in the ballpark of your level with some exceptions like bosses or specifically high-level enemy areas.

If you're looking for long-tailed quests, the Mistresses of Mystery, Rose's "Top of the World," the missing child at the water park, and the various firehouse and military base faction quests can be pretty long. The excavator armor quest, too. It's somewhat tedious, but you can haul 300+ lbs. with that armor and it nets you the power armor station plans upon completion, too. Start saving your screws now.

Enemy levels are based upon the levels of players on the server. If you're facing enemies that are overwhelmingly too powerful, bail back to the main menu and go to another server. That seems to fix quests that don't seem to want to show up (or complete), too. Bethesda has a lot tied to your individual server, so if if your quests conflict with another player's, they sometimes get borked. It won't fix everything, but it's fixed everything major I've encountered so far. I have a weird key that randomly generates loot in one of 3-4 mines every day and never seems to end. Not sure if it's supposed to do that, but it does.

If I start up a game and see 3-4 players over level 100 running around in my area I head for the other side of the map or just bail to another server. Generally speaking, enemy levels should be in the ballpark of your level with some exceptions like bosses or specifically high-level enemy areas.

If you're looking for long-tailed quests, the Mistresses of Mystery, Rose's "Top of the World," the missing child at the water park, and the various firehouse and military base faction quests can be pretty long. The excavator armor quest, too. It's somewhat tedious, but you can haul 300+ lbs. with that armor and it nets you the power armor station plans upon completion, too. Start saving your screws now.

I'll try the level relogging thing, thanks! i got to Watoga? and they were all 50-70, same with another zone.

the quest Rose has me doing is bugged actually and i did the mistress thing, ill look into the others :)

I'll try the level relogging thing, thanks! i got to Watoga? and they were all 50-70, same with another zone.

the quest Rose has me doing is bugged actually and i did the mistress thing, ill look into the others :)

The Rose quests (especially where you have to turn stuff over to her) get screwy often. I think if anyone else on your server completes that quest, you can't do it. Server hopping (and talk to her 2-3 times) should fix it.

Watoga appears to be in the Cranberry Bog area. That's borderline endgame stuff and will be filled with enemies that are above level 30. Plus, that's where the strong players tend to be concentrated. I'd probably stay out of there for now.

Funny, I thought I'd play a bit over lunch and headed over to Whitespring Golf Club for one of the early Mistress of Mystery quests. Sure enough, there's a level 207 and a level 136 running around...I'm level 21. Saw the level 60 deathclaw and said yup, gonna have to switch servers on this one. Went back to main menu and logged back in only to land on a server where Whitespring had just been nuked! Not my day!

Funny, I thought I'd play a bit over lunch and headed over to Whitespring Golf Club for one of the early Mistress of Mystery quests. Sure enough, there's a level 207 and a level 136 running around...I'm level 21. Saw the level 60 deathclaw and said yup, gonna have to switch servers on this one. Went back to main menu and logged back in only to land on a server where Whitespring had just been nuked! Not my day!

Yeah, that's an area where several super high level enemies (Behemoth, Scorchbeast, etc.) are hanging out so it can be incredibly hard getting that sword for the Mistress quest. My first two attempts were met by a pack of level 55 infected glowing ones. I died 3 times and then gave up.
They're too fast to outrun and I couldn't even make a dent in them at level 15. I went back the next day and nothing was over level 15. It's just luck of the draw sometimes.
It has been helpful with leveling up my wife, though. Her character is 7-8 levels lower than mine, so when we go around hunting for supplies the enemies are closer to my level. I generally let her wade in and melee while sniping the enemies from afar. It works really well, especially in areas where the enemies attack in huge groups. The cabins above the top of the world are great for getting kill XP like that.

Yeah, that's an area where several super high level enemies (Behemoth, Scorchbeast, etc.) are hanging out so it can be incredibly hard getting that sword for the Mistress quest. My first two attempts were met by a pack of level 55 infected glowing ones. I died 3 times and then gave up.
They're too fast to outrun and I couldn't even make a dent in them at level 15. I went back the next day and nothing was over level 15. It's just luck of the draw sometimes.
It has been helpful with leveling up my wife, though. Her character is 7-8 levels lower than mine, so when we go around hunting for supplies the enemies are closer to my level. I generally let her wade in and melee while sniping the enemies from afar. It works really well, especially in areas where the enemies attack in huge groups. The cabins above the top of the world are great for getting kill XP like that.
I went there on Sunday for the first time, lvl 32. Nobody was there at the time. Fought off two Schorchbeasts alone and multiple packs of ghouls with some Glowing Ones and Wendigos mixed in.
I think I only ever died once in combat and that was on the Deathclaw Island a few hours after starting the game, maybe 3 more deaths from falling down from places.
Btw what's up with the Schorchbeasts? They zero in on you whenever you're anywhere close to the Fissures and take 300+ rounds of ammo to kill only to drop basically nothing at all.

I have yet to seriously mess with a Scorchbeast. I've always encountered them when I'm alone and on the way to doing something else. My wife was part of a large group that killed on in a nuke zone and it dropped loot that was 20 levels too high to use.
Most of my deaths have just been because I was overwhelmed and I wasn't paying much attention. I did get randomly killed in 2 hits from those robots that keep using smokescreens. Not sure how or why, but it took me (at level 35 in a set of power armor) from full health to dead in 2 melee swings. My funniest death was glitch related. I kept getting shot by an enemy that wasn't there. I ran all over the inside of the mining headquarters but just kept getting hit. I finally died before I could make it to the exit.

Ok, so they fixed the exit crash and that's about it.

No more patches till next year....

Think of the poor kid that's gonna open this disaster Christmas morning smh

Seriously though, I'm uninstalling, I'm done. I gave them a month and literally nothing happened.

I'll check back on this thread periodically to see how it's going. (if it isn't dead)

Ha, I should have stuck it out. Turns out, nuked Whitespring + power armor + complete disregard for life and limb = very fast leveling! Happened to show up there again after it had been nuked and gained 4 levels before I broke all of my melee weapons and ran out of ammo for my handmade rifle and shotgun.

Yea I too have stopped playing. I finished the storyline. Did all the end-game kills.....got level 100 to grind for gear.....What the fuck else am I suppose to do?

Also, I never once teamed up with anyone to do any of this. So, IMO this is a single player Fallout with MP thrown into it for the laughs.....I will have to say I did put in a good 60+ hours into it so I feel I got my money out of it.

But, Bethesda....I will not pre-order another game of yours ever again. You have now lost my confidence. First it was Dice then it was Bioware...now Bethesda....seriously Greed is making these once great companies shit.

Ran into this today:

bShtXJf.jpg

The Rose quests (especially where you have to turn stuff over to her) get screwy often. I think if anyone else on your server completes that quest, you can't do it. Server hopping (and talk to her 2-3 times) should fix it.

Watoga appears to be in the Cranberry Bog area. That's borderline endgame stuff and will be filled with enemies that are above level 30. Plus, that's where the strong players tend to be concentrated. I'd probably stay out of there for now.

Wtf is up within game ?

Wtf is up within game ?

It's a Bethesda game? They're all like this going back to Arena and (especially) Daggerfall. This one is probably easier to fix than the others because server hopping tends to do the trick. With the others you have to wait for a patch or "community fix" that might never come.

It's a Bethesda game?

This sounds bad even by that standard. Even with it's many weaknesses, I didn't experience anything as bad as what's being described here for FO4. FO3, Skyrim, Prey, Doom, Dishonored all ran fine for me.

This sounds bad even by that standard. Even with it's many weaknesses, I didn't experience anything as bad as what's being described here for FO4. FO3, Skyrim, Prey, Doom, Dishonored all ran fine for me.

It doesn't belong on the same planet as those games....

I've had fewer bugs in FO76 than I did with Oblivion and Skyrim. Never had much of an issue with the newer Fallout games, so I think they're either more polished or less complex.

But hey, at least we get the original Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics free next month! /s

After running my price alerts since launch (nothing popped up below $30 if you can believe it) I'm cutting them off and waiting for f2p.

Anyone experienced more than normal game crashes associated with fort defiance? I have had the game crash to desktop on me 3 times within the last 20 minutes all while at fort defiance. Game just closes, no error messages at all. Validating game files now to make sure no issues there, but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this also.

Anyone experienced more than normal game crashes associated with fort defiance? I have had the game crash to desktop on me 3 times within the last 20 minutes all while at fort defiance. Game just closes, no error messages at all. Validating game files now to make sure no issues there, but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this also.

Not specifically with Fort Defiance (although I am often in that area), but I have had a couple crashes to desktop in the last few days. That's a first for me and I've had the game since launch. In my cases it has been when attempting to fast travel. Probably something related to the last patch I'd guess.

I just hit level 50, which is the soft cap of sorts. I still have a fair number of "real" missions to do. I haven't finished the overseer quest and I'm just now starting the enclave stuff. The daily missions are mostly pointless, but there are a decent number of elaborate branching quests if you wander around.

I was getting the crashes at random times, like when I went to loot an item from a cabinet or some other ordinary action. On the 4th try I made it all the way through without a crash, so maybe the 4th time is the charm? This is the 1st time I have experienced these crashes to desktop with no error message involved, as well. I do still get random server disconnects and freezes when exiting to desktop, regularly.

I am only level 26 and have hardly done any of the main quest line. I have mostly been just exploring and looting everything that I can. I have to say, the map on this game is probably it's best feature. Plenty to explore, even if the variety of enemies is rather low. Can't say that I am totally loving the game, but it's enjoyable enough right now to keep me playing. Still think that the size of your stash is too low; I am constantly having to bulk my junk items to sell and drop/scrap weapons I would otherwise save until I was the right level to use them. Vendors don't have enough caps, and the return rate of available caps on purchases is only like 1/4th of the purchase price, so I am constantly forced to drop items I would normally keep because I can't sell them. I typically drop these in the overseer caches to at least allow someone to possibly get some use out of them, although they disappear as soon as I log out of the server or get disconnected; always a gamble which will happen 1st.

Also, whats up with not being able to sell legendary items or ammo? At least let us scrap them, so that we can get something for them. I end up just dropping most of these as I don't have the space in my stash. Seems like such a huge waste.

Question for anyone that knows. I haven't gotten that far yet, but how do the nukes work? How do you get one? Seems like about the most fun thing about this game is watching a town get nuked to all hell.

Caps are definitely a major frustration. Between vendors who are out of them or the prices they pay, they're a mess. Plans are too expensive and most vendors are just full of outfits and trash people duped or grinded out.
Like most things, vendor caps seem to be server-based. I can't tell for certain, but it feels like there is some kind of hourly limit on vendor caps (or something), too. If you can make it to Watoga in the far southeast, it feels like that robot vendor will have caps when literally all of the other ones don't. I think people might not be aware of him. Hopping to different train stations and servers helps, but not always. Most of the legendary stuff I've found is garbage. Probably 1/8 of what drops is actually worthwhile.

I'm getting pretty close to the nuke missions. The key to them is to kill those random zombies that have the launch codes, but I haven't gone much further than that. The Overseer and Enclave missions are both building toward that.
If you're interested in leveling up quickly, take a bunch of Rad-X and follow super-strong players into a nuke zone after one hits. They last for 2-3 hours now. All you have to do is hit an enemy once to get XP credit for killing it. You can get a ton of item drops and XP from those. Whitesprings is an especially good one since there are boatloads of enemies (and other players) there to begin with.

The vendors replenish their 200 caps every 24 hours, server hoping makes no difference. Once you buy all the caps from a vendor, they do not replenish until the 24hrs is up, no matter if you server hop or not. There are 7 different "faction" vendors each with a 200 caps, (some are faction vendors, some are unique) so the total you can get in a 24 hour period is 1400 caps. Sounds like a lot, but it really isn't. Being only level 26, I can only get access to 4 of these a day. I tried to get to either of the vendors in Watoga, but the enemies there are too high level for me right now. Also, can't get into the Whitesprings bunker yet either, which has a unique vendor. I tried, but it appears as though it requires a quest line to gain access.

So, the faction vendors I can access right now are the Responders, Raiders, Whitesprings and Harpers Ferry. 800 caps a day just isn't enough.

I agree with you, most of the legendary items that drop are worthless, just another reason I wish they would let us at least scrap them. I will give that strategy you mention a try the next time I am on and someone drops a nuke. I have been avoiding those areas up to this point due to the radiation, but fuck it, why not go all Leroy Jenkins?

So the nuke thing, is it something you unlock and then can use at will or only in conjunction with the quest line?

So the nuke thing, is it something you unlock and then can use at will or only in conjunction with the quest line?

My wife has been following it more than me, but based on how it she explained it you can do it repeatedly. Once you complete one of the main questlines, you gain access to a nuclear arsenal that you can access with those beeping nuke codes Scorchers carry. I guess you have to complete a mission to do so each time, but there's no limit to it.
I'm rocking the excavator armor and have used Rad-X each time, but you still pile on the rads in a nuke zone. I'd assume you'll probably want to stockpile anti-rad meds for extended nuke zone battles.

I have quite a bit of both rad-x and radaway, so I will give it a shot the next chance I get. Thanks for the tip.

This game sounds REALLY complicated.

It's extremely similar to Fallout 4 for the most part. If anything, it's probably a more streamlined since the shooting is in real time. The "junk" category is the only complicated thing, and that's mainly because it isn't actually junk. It's basically 3/4 building and repairs materials and 1/4 actual real junk.
Anyone who has played Fallout 3, New Vegas, Fallout 4, Oblivion, or Skyrim should be right at home with the play mechanics.

I was getting the crashes at random times, like when I went to loot an item from a cabinet or some other ordinary action. On the 4th try I made it all the way through without a crash, so maybe the 4th time is the charm? This is the 1st time I have experienced these crashes to desktop with no error message involved, as well. I do still get random server disconnects and freezes when exiting to desktop, regularly.

I am only level 26 and have hardly done any of the main quest line. I have mostly been just exploring and looting everything that I can. I have to say, the map on this game is probably it's best feature. Plenty to explore, even if the variety of enemies is rather low. Can't say that I am totally loving the game, but it's enjoyable enough right now to keep me playing. Still think that the size of your stash is too low; I am constantly having to bulk my junk items to sell and drop/scrap weapons I would otherwise save until I was the right level to use them. Vendors don't have enough caps, and the return rate of available caps on purchases is only like 1/4th of the purchase price, so I am constantly forced to drop items I would normally keep because I can't sell them. I typically drop these in the overseer caches to at least allow someone to possibly get some use out of them, although they disappear as soon as I log out of the server or get disconnected; always a gamble which will happen 1st.

Also, whats up with not being able to sell legendary items or ammo? At least let us scrap them, so that we can get something for them. I end up just dropping most of these as I don't have the space in my stash. Seems like such a huge waste.

Question for anyone that knows. I haven't gotten that far yet, but how do the nukes work? How do you get one? Seems like about the most fun thing about this game is watching a town get nuked to all hell.

I forgot about Graham, the super mutant vendor that can be found wandering around. He has another 200 caps that you can get if you happen to run into him.

Also, if anyone is interested, here is an image showing the different vendor locations and their associated factions.

oNhQ9G9.png

Back