Fallout 76

The problem with "paid mods" is that at that point, they can't really be treated like mods, but rather outsourced DLC. Mods generally have a ton of compatibility issues with each other, and when you insert money into that situation it gets sticky.

I don't have an inherent problem with additional DLC, but not at the expense of fan-made free mods.

I understand what you mean yes there is allots and allots of mods that the Mod creators don't update all the time and fix the problems with their mods I have seen this on Nexus and some are not worth the money at all But I read Bethesda would work with the Mod creators file so it plays nice with the game files of cause the money we pay for one mod Bethesda would have a share of it, maybe that's why members don't want Creation Club, but for me I don't really care who gets a share of my money has long it works with the games files and not break it or CTD very often seen in mods today and some breaks your save game, I have only 6 mods install on fallout 4 now and only 6 mods with Skyrim that were worth the money IMO.

I understand what you mean yes there is allots and allots of mods that the Mod creators don't update all the time and fix the problems with their mods I have seen this on Nexus and some are not worth the money at all But I read Bethesda would work with the Mod creators file so it plays nice with the game files of cause the money we pay for one mod Bethesda would have a share of it, maybe that's why members don't want Creation Club, but for me I don't really care who gets a share of my money has long it works with the games files and not break it or CTD very often seen in mods today and some breaks your save game, I have only 6 mods install on fallout 4 now and only 6 mods with Skyrim that were worth the money IMO.

You have a lot of faith for a company that does a terrible job of fixing bugs.

You have a lot of faith for a company that does a terrible job of fixing bugs.

Bethesda is not the only game company that have a "terrible job of fixing bugs in games" but should we not buy any games because of it and go back to atari console 1972!

I've been watching this guy's material, and found this to be a a good run-down of what to expect from Fallout 76. He's a fan of Fallout, but doesn't like the way this is heading. Worth a look. Ignore the part about the woman in the crowd... that was debunked by fans as well as him. If you like Fallout 4 though, he has a lot of nice vids worth watching!

I've been watching this guy's material, and found this to be a a good run-down of what to expect from Fallout 76. He's a fan of Fallout, but doesn't like the way this is heading. Worth a look. Ignore the part about the woman in the crowd... that was debunked by fans as well as him. If you like Fallout 4 though, he has a lot of nice vids worth watching!

I watch the video bit's of it in my break but got bored very easy listen to someone talk about a game that have not been release yet he is no different to all the other YouTube boggers today it's the same talk show just before fallout 4 came out only based on their own Opinions!.

But thanks for the vid,;)

got to go

I'm massively disinterested by Bethesda ostensibly giving the finger to Steam - the platform on which all their games have been sold, time and time again in various version s etc - and insisting upon exclusivity for their own proprietary launcher. I have zero interest in yet another launcher, but certainly not for one that is likely to be there for Bethesda's attempt to find another way to make paid-mods a big thing or otherwise muscle in. Steam even went along with their varying attempts to push paid mods and other restrictions on the players and suffered with their own reputation for awhile, so it seems pretty audacious to be breaking with the platform now, balking at the very reasonable cut they take for all the various services provided to those who sell their games on the platform. Then again, this is the company that basically created what we know of as "paid mods and DLC" with Oblivion's "Horse Armor" .

I can appreciate many of Bethesda's titles but I do not want to see paid user-created mods or attempt to disrupt free mod culture so to speak, nor do I wish to see a proprietary launcher.

eh, I guess they want to keep a bigger slice of the pie. A smaller pie no doubt though. Look at the wild success of monster hunter world on steam. if anything it is becoming more and more legitimate as a mass platform. but then destiny 2 did the same thing with blizzard.

I wasn't quite sure when the beta was coming for this, so I looked it up - apparently sometime in October? That doesn't really give much time to fix issues if they arise between then and the release date of the game.

I guess they could delay it, but it seems like they would release the beta sooner rather than so close to launch.

I wasn't quite sure when the beta was coming for this, so I looked it up - apparently sometime in October? That doesn't really give much time to fix issues if they arise between then and the release date of the game.

I guess they could delay it, but it seems like they would release the beta sooner rather than so close to launch.
Betas are usually just tests for the network and to get some baseline user data for possible future balancing tweaks. It's not about finding and fixing bugs anymore.

I haven't been following this much. At a glance is it just multiplayer Fallout 4? The game play videos look like the same first person Fallout 4.

Its a whole new game different stuff going on it looks ok but until I play it which I won't I have no idea if it will be fun. Its a MMO basically or a shared online game personally more like Borderlands but requires a internet connection.

Paid mods will be the beginning of the end for Bethesda. They make decent games, but only decent, what they Excel at is a platform for others to improve and build upon. They are literally a product of mod culture.

Agreed. Heck, Fallout 4 & 76's building system was a direct result of a mod called "Wasteland settler" that was made for Fallout 3. Their games are decent but without access to free mods their games have zero replay value.

I wouldn't say ZERO replay value, given that you can always go a different way with your skill specs, weapon choices, etc. But yeah, without mods these games lose a huge amount of value, period.

I wouldn't say ZERO replay value, given that you can always go a different way with your skill specs, weapon choices, etc. But yeah, without mods these games lose a huge amount of value, period.

I guess but, c'mon without the booby & nudity mods, would we really replay them for character choices? :LOL:

Bethesda warns Fallout 76 fans to expect 'spectacular' bugs and issues

In a note to fans posted on Twitter today, Bethesda described the decision to create an online-only version of Fallout 'very scary' and admitted having the same questions a lot of Fallout fans still do: "What exactly is this?" The note also states that Fallout 76 isn't a finished game but 'a starting line', and also warns that, yeah, there's gonna be 'unforeseen bugs' and potentially 'spectacular issues' ahead for players...

https://www.pcgamer.com/bethesda-warns-fallout-76-fans-to-expect-spectacular-bugs-and-issues/

Last edited:
I read the beta is going live tonight, is this only on xbox to start? I preordered this because I'm a masochist but haven't received any emails about the beta on PC.

From the looks of the video, literally ESO with a Fallout skin. I think it'll be fun for a while, but doubt it will hold my attention for a long time personally, the same way ESO was unable to keep me around. Something tells me it'll lack that same hardcore / group focus and won't have the same kind of community that the MMO's of yore had that really kept my attention. Still gonna buy it, but Pantheon is still the name of the game for me.

https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-76-system-requirements/

Official System Requirements posted on PCGamer:

Minimum
Requires 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5 6600K 3.5 GHz/AMD Ryzen 3 1300X 3.5 GHz or equivalent
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 285 2GB or equivalent
Memory: 8GB RAM
Storage: 60GB of free disk space

Recommended
Requires 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz/AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5 GHz
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 970 4GB/AMD R9 290X 4GB
Memory: 8GB RAM
Storage: 60GB of free disk space

Challenge accepted Bethesda....

Last edited:
What worries me is that this beta is only a couple of weeks before release. Makes me think the "final" release is going to be something like early access, which is NOT what I was hoping for.

What worries me is that this beta is only a couple of weeks before release. Makes me think the "final" release is going to be something like early access, which is NOT what I was hoping for.

The game is finished. Beta's are just early access. Expect ALOT of patches on the way.

Back