Fallout 76

Auer

[H]ard|Gawd
Fallout 76 Screenshot 2020.07.27 - 22.04.08.65.png

Reactions: Parja
like this

dub77nj

Limp Gawd
Did they ever fix loot drops? Loot drops were randomly stupid and pointless. I'd be interested in playing again but I won't give Bethesda any more of my money.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Today Bethesda announced that one of the Fallout franchise’s most recognizable factions, the Brotherhood of Steel, will be returning this December...the free 'Steel Dawn' update will introduce the Brotherhood and kick off an ongoing storyline that will stretch into 2021 plus add new locations, NPCs, and more to the game...

TaintedSquirrel

[H]F Junkie
Tell me, is there still a daily vendor cap limit? the day they remove that, i become the donald trump of the wasteland.

M76

[H]F Junkie
I heard you can play this for free now. at least until 26th.

Call me up when they are offering paychecks.

tunatime

Well...OK
Today Bethesda announced that one of the Fallout franchise’s most recognizable factions, the Brotherhood of Steel, will be returning this December...the free 'Steel Dawn' update will introduce the Brotherhood and kick off an ongoing storyline that will stretch into 2021 plus add new locations, NPCs, and more to the game...

Wait I thought this game was set before they had a bos?

JavaLava

Limp Gawd
I got a question. Is the game worth checking out since it's on sale?

If you like Fallout 3 and/or 4...then there is no reason why you shouldn't check this game out IMO. It has come a long way since 2018 release and I find it quite fun (I play solo). Between the story (Original, Wastelanders, and now Steel Dawn), Seasons, Dailys, etc....I find myself with plenty to do that is fun. The public channels/groups to easily find people with your objectives (Daily's, general Exploration, etc) and team up with is quite nice/elegant as well.

Last edited:

Ruiner

2[H]4U
I got a question. Is the game worth checking out since it's on sale?
read my review a few pages back: https://hardforum.com/threads/fallout-76.1961424/page-27#post-1044566844
cliffs: gameplay is OK. grindy. story/roleplaying is token. broken canon. totally pozzed. think generic MMORG with FO skin.

I reinstalled this to kill some drought time before CP2077 drops. Hell, it's already paid for. BoS update is retarded. Wanted to shoot Rahmani in the face. Still may.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Fallout 76 testing stash size increases and better Pip-Boy sorting

Since the moment of its release, Fallout 76 players have wanted more room in their stash boxes to store the junk they collect

Originally, Fallout 76 players could only store 400 pounds of stuff in their stash boxes, though that was increased to 600 pounds in a 2018 patch, and then goosed up to 800 pounds in 2019...now, it's growing again: a new stash limit of 1,200 pounds is being given a try on the Fallout 76 test servers, according to Bethesda, in what's being called the "Inventory Update."...

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/art...fT/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-happy-new-year

TaintedSquirrel

[H]F Junkie
It's definitely a server limitation, for whatever reason. In Fallout 4 I had to spread my stashes out over various settlements because too many items stored in one place caused the settlement to lag and the stash to freeze up. That being said 1,200 is very low... Maybe it has something to do with running all of it with ~30 people per server.

Premium users can already store infinite crafting mats in their settlements so I imagine Bethesda is working some voodoo to get that to function lol. It's probably related to the variety of different items stored in a stash vs the quantity of them. There's no difference between 1 of each crafting material vs 10,000 of each. Just an arbitrary number.

For me, Bethesda seem to be phoning it in since/around Skyrim and rely on the moddding community to make the PC versions of their games closer to.what they should be. They have been outclassed by other games in terms of quality and "soul" if you can call it that. Witcher 3 for story, world buillding, and gameplay, Disco Elysium and Sunless Skies for writing, etc. It would be nice if Bethesda upped their quality level significantly for their future games.

theplaidfad

Lurker
Any of you [H]are folks ever want to goof around on my private server, feel free to add me in PC. Ign: B41T

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Fallout 76: The Locked & Loaded Update

We are back again with another major update to Fallout 76, called 'Locked & Loaded', which contains a bunch of great new features including S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Loadouts, C.A.M.P. Slots and much more...watch to learn about what is coming to the game on April 27th...