Fallout 76

What reason does Beglitchia have to bother working on patches when they know the community will do all the work for them?
The community can't fixes the issues this time. Bethesda has to or they won't be fixed. That's a big problem since bethesda has relyed on the community for so long they probably forgot how to fix bugs.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys ever played a Bethesda game. They are always full of bugs at first even New Vegas. Some people have already put out mods fro 76 as well, tho it remains to be seen how Bethesda will treat those mods.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys ever played a Bethesda game. They are always full of bugs at first even New Vegas.

Yeahhhh....

If you buy a Bethesda game at launch, it's pretty much guaranteed to be a buggy experience.

My wife and I have been having a fun time with it. It's just like the other FPS Fallout games only the quests are being given by robots rather than people. Gameplay-wise I think it's probably better since VATS isn't overused. I find the shooting to be a lot sharper and more effective. Bug-wise I've noticed that the game doesn't like having multiple players with the same quest popping in and out of a server. That's when markers and quests tend to disappear temporarily. Logging in and out seems to fix things, but it can be scary when your quests look like they've disappeared. It's no buggier than previous TES and FO games, though. These bugs aren't permanent at the very least.

The encumbrance thing is annoying mainly because the game lumps construction items in with your junk. It's tough to tell what you can and can't get rid of because essential ingredients (like adhesive and plastic) get lumped in with things that either have limited or no practical use. I'd like to see them tweak the item categories better.

Very early on I was annoyed by the food and water element, but it's no big deal once you get used to it. The key is to stick to pre-packaged stuff. Don't spend a lot of effort cooking food because it wastes your water, it spoils, and it usually isn't as effective. Just eat the preserved stuff you find and drink boiled or purified water. Once you get used to that, you'll stop wasting time, weight, and effort for minimal gain.

If you make a water purifier, this solves the water issue. Purified water forever. For crafting food, just hit up any lake or pond and spam the collect button, then boil it. You'll have all of the water you'll need to craft the good stuff. Wolf meat is my favorite to cook so far. I think 30 to 40 health back, +30 to 40 food intake, minimal rad, and it's super abundant.

As far as spoiling, put a point or two in to the reduced spoilage timer perk, and you'll see huge results. The pros of this method is you have more room for other things. 5 or 10 cooked wolf meat is way less weight than picking up any and all foods, plus it's a lot easier to add to the shortcut menu then to always have to readd something when you've run out of your last used item.

Things
are
looking
desperate.

With the holiday weekend behind us, we've transitioned from "They won't release a patch over the holidays" to "Will they release a patch during my lifetime?" phase. That's never a good phase.
Has Bethesda given up and tossed FO76 in the garbage? Or are they working feverishly around the clock on multiple big upcoming patches? Time will tell. But the community is getting hungry.

Dude, it's been like one week since the last patch... Have patience.

Official BGS account responded.
Hello! Thank you for your post, and for your feedback. We want you to know that we're always looking through posts, tweets, and comments for any and all feedback on the game. We truly appreciate you reaching out to us, and letting us know your thoughts, concerns, ideas, and giving us an idea of what you're looking for.

We will have new information to share soon, so keep an eye out this week!

Would you say the tricentennial edition is worth $10 extra? Is it just random cosmetic stuff?

As far as I know, you can buy all of that extra stuff in the store, for free by just playing the game.

You accumulate free store currency by just completing an assortment of objectives.

Man thats a pretty brutally honest review for sure. The thing is I havent even seens over half of those bugs, but yea he is right some of the shit that bethesda decided on is absolute shit. Lets just pray they keep supporting this game, cause of they dont I can bet you that Starfield and ES6 will not sell well at all. Specially if it isn't on Steam!

that was funny...Joe even compared it to Aliens: Colonial Marines...I can't imagine a Fallout fan or any fan of gaming that would actually buy this much less enjoy it...the people saying that because Bethesda dropped the price to $35 that it all of a sudden makes it worth it...you guys are insane and total apologists...a bad game is a bad game no matter if it costs $1

Man thats a pretty brutally honest review for sure. The thing is I havent even seens over half of those bugs, but yea he is right some of the shit that bethesda decided on is absolute shit. Lets just pray they keep supporting this game, cause of they dont I can bet you that Starfield and ES6 will not sell well at all. Specially if it isn't on Steam!
Apparently he posted in his Discord or stream for people to send in all the clips of bugs they could find. That's why it's a bunch of other twitch/youtube clips and not his own.
I think it's disingenous to collect problems that other people had and not his own experience. Since you can do that for most games and come up with a pretty big list of bugs. But even from his own clips he obviously had a lot of issues himself.

that was funny...Joe even compared it to Aliens: Colonial Marines...I can't imagine a Fallout fan or any fan of gaming that would actually buy this much less enjoy it...the people saying that because Bethesda dropped the price to $35 that it all of a sudden makes it worth it...you guys are insane and total apologists...a bad game is a bad game no matter if it costs $1

Critics thought Civilization IV was a great game and yet I thought it was a over complicated hot mess. Out of all the CIV games IV is the only one I hate yet quite a few people liked it, still a bit on the fence on VI. III and V are my favorites but I bought every game cause I know I like the core of what the game is even if some of the mechanics are a bit off. I swear this next generation is always waiting for someone else to tell them what they should think rather then think for themselves. If you like Fallout 3 then you will like the core of what this game is, like reading and hearing the founding of the Brotherhood of Steel. If your expecting a structured hand holding single player game, then yeah it's not for you. Hell you would miss some of the best movies if you went by reviews over going with what you know you like.

https://fallout.bethesda.net/articl.../fallout-76-inside-the-vault-november-27-2018

Hi r/fo76,

We know you’re frustrated and angry at the state of things right now, whether it’s the issues you’re running into in the game, or the lack of communication about fixes, updates, or news. To be clear, this account is run by us, Bethesda Game Studios community team. Yesterday we posted to let you know that we’re still here gathering your feedback and, more importantly, working to get info from the team we can share. We didn’t want you to think the silence meant nothing was happening. We're sorry and understand this was not the right approach, and we’ll work to make a better bridge between you and the dev team at BGS.

We’re posting an article today that has further information about the upcoming updates that were mentioned a few weeks ago. In addition, we’re aiming to get you the patch notes for these updates quicker and will have them available for December 4th’s update later this week. Probably Thursday or Friday. We’d like to make these articles weekly to make sure you know what the studio is working on as it relates to issues you may be experiencing, quality of life requests you have, or new features they’re excited to share.

Please take a look at the below to see what we’re posting today on Fallout.com, and as always, let us know if you have any thoughts or feedback. This article covers high-level issues being worked on as the patch notes will go at length into what’s being fixed with each update.

December 4, 2018 – Next week’s update will bring an increase to the Stash limit, as well as a variety of performance and stability improvements, balance changes, and multiple bug fixes to the game. We’ll have full patch notes available later this week ahead of Tuesday’s update. Some notable issues being addressed in this update include:

• Stash Limit Increased: We know many of you have been asking for an adjustment to the Stash storage limit, and we’re happy to share that we’re increasing it from 400 to 600. While this is somewhat conservative, we plan to increase the storage cap further once we verify that this change will not negatively impact the stability of the game.
  • Boss Loot: Players should correctly receive two to three items after taking down a boss, depending on the creature’s difficulty and level.
  • Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.
  • Respawning When Overencumbered: We’ve resolved an issue affecting players who die while overencumbered that only allowed them to Respawn at Vault 76. Now, overencumbered players will be able to respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
  • Stuck in Power Armor: We’ve addressed an issue in this patch that could cause players to become stuck inside Power Armor. We’re also aware that there are some additional cases where this can occur, and we are actively investigating them.
December 11, 2018 – The next update after December 4 is currently planned for the following week. Like previous patches, it will include a variety of bug fixes, but we’re also planning to bring some more notable changes and features to the game. You can catch a preview of these improvements below, and a full list of changes will be included in the December 11 patch notes.

• PC Additions: A Push-to-Talk setting for Voice Chat, 21:9 resolution support, and a Field of View setting are all being implemented on PC with this update.
  • SPECIAL Respec: After level 50, you’ll be able to choose between a new Perk Card, or moving a SPECIAL point you had previously allocated.
  • C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you’ll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don’t attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.
  • Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it’s easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also use the Bulldozer to clear these items from the surrounding area to make your C.A.M.P. feel more like home!
Thank you, and please don’t stop letting us know how we can improve our communication and what else needs to be addressed in the game. Once we finalize the patch notes for the December 4 update, we’ll be sure to post them here and all patch notes and weekly updates going forward.

Last edited:

Bout time....

1. Fix all the glaring bugs that have no business being in any game, ever.
2. Give me FULL PC graphics options; parity with Fallout 4 is acceptable (no mention of a DoF toggle in the patch notes is absolutely retarded)
3. Get to work carefully applying sinews of gameplay to the bare-bones skeleton that is Fallout 76

- If I could get a refund, I would. Instead I'm stuck occasionally hopping in the game to justify my 48 dollars.

purchased
P
If you make a water purifier, this solves the water issue. Purified water forever. For crafting food, just hit up any lake or pond and spam the collect button, then boil it. You'll have all of the water you'll need to craft the good stuff. Wolf meat is my favorite to cook so far. I think 30 to 40 health back, +30 to 40 food intake, minimal rad, and it's super abundant.

As far as spoiling, put a point or two in to the reduced spoilage timer perk, and you'll see huge results. The pros of this method is you have more room for other things. 5 or 10 cooked wolf meat is way less weight than picking up any and all foods, plus it's a lot easier to add to the shortcut menu then to always have to readd something when you've run out of your last used item.

Dude, it's been like one week since the last patch... Have patience.

Your supposed to..... feed yourself ?

This game is not for me. I play games to get away from life shit :)

Can someone post their Fallout76Custom settings to get the best graphical/AA settings, no depth of field, etc.

I've read differing "guides" online...does this Custom file or the original Perfs file need to be changed to read-only or not?

on the positive side the game engine is so good they will be using it again for the next elder scrolls

gg bethesda

My personal reaction to the trolls in this thread, and the ever hypocritical and over dramatic internet users -

1. No Human NPC's! -

This is the most over used excuse to explain why FO 76 is apparently dogshit.
Does nobody realize that YOU, the player, is the first (non radiated) human to walk outside of the vault? YOU are the reason FO 4 has a story. YOU are the reason the brotherhood, and all other factions still stand in FO4. You talk of missing lore, yet can't comprehend on realizing why the FO76 lore is the way it stands.
On top of that, I didn't realize the post Apocalypse would be screaming with human population RIGHT after the fallout effect depletes. lmfao, fail to you.

2. EMPTY WASTELAND! - What a crock of bull shit. 60 hours in now, and I can't stop finding stuff to do. This map destroys Fallout 4's in terms of several things - Size, enemy count, areas to loot/explore, quests. Enough said. I can't go one hour without new stuff thrown in my face.

3. NO SINGLE PLAYER! - Really? Did Bethesda ever market this game as a SP game? What retard can't understand from the first day of marketing this game, that this game was created because of all the "I want to play Fall out with my friends!" requests? Ridiculous excuse to hate this game.
By the way, this game has been a blast when even playing by myself. I rarely run in to players, maybe 30 minutes of my 60 hours played has had another player(outside of my party) been in front of me.

4. Everlasting GRIND/Outdated graphics! - Apparently, none of you ever played an MMO. There are literally people here that are STILL paying $15 a month to play WoW. Lmfao. Gtfoh.

5. No quests! - Really? I've gone through dozens of quests. Quests that make you actually stretegically think about how to complete them. Quests about how to actually overcome X obstacle versus mindlessly going over here, fetch this, then go there like you all apparently get a boner over. /sleeppzzz

6. But ANGRYJOE, SHROUD, and MORE SAID! - Really?They're making money off of your view count, nothing more. And you call yourself a fallout fan? A fan who listens to internet streamers? yeah........

7. hahahahahah FO76 is $35 already - Really? What a measly price to pay for you to create your own opinion than jumping the bandwagon. BFV is already $30 at Target, and it's a day newer than FO76. And you guys spewed hate towards that game before it even came out. Hypocrites to the extreme.

8. BUT I COPIED AND PASTA'D A YOUTUBE VIDEO! - IT MUST BE TRUE!...........................................................................................................................................................................
0_o

Last edited:
Can someone post their Fallout76Custom settings to get the best graphical/AA settings, no depth of field, etc.

I've read differing "guides" online...does this Custom file or the original Perfs file need to be changed to read-only or not?
[Controls]
bMouseAcceleration=0
fIronSightsPitchSpeedRatio=1
fPitchSpeedRatio=1
[Display]
iSize H=1080
iSize W=2560
fDefaultWorldFOV=100
fDefault1stPersonFOV=100
fDOFBlendRatio=0
fDOFMinFocalCoefDist=999999
fDOFMaxFocalCoefDist=99999999
fDOFDynamicFarRange=99999999
fDOFCenterWeightInt=0
fDOFFarDistance=99999999
fIBLensFlaresBloomint=0
uIBLensFlaresBloomradius=0
[ImageSpace]
bDoRadialBlur=0
iRadialBlurLevel=0
bDoDepthOfField=0
bDynamicDepthOfField=0
bMBEnable=0
bScreenSpaceBokeh=0
bLensFlare=0

Critics thought Civilization IV was a great game and yet I thought it was a over complicated hot mess. Out of all the CIV games IV is the only one I hate yet quite a few people liked it, still a bit on the fence on VI. III and V are my favorites but I bought every game cause I know I like the core of what the game is even if some of the mechanics are a bit off. I swear this next generation is always waiting for someone else to tell them what they should think rather then think for themselves. If you like Fallout 3 then you will like the core of what this game is, like reading and hearing the founding of the Brotherhood of Steel. If your expecting a structured hand holding single player game, then yeah it's not for you. Hell you would miss some of the best movies if you went by reviews over going with what you know you like.

I'm the opposite. Civ3 was unfinished on release, I was editing the unit values on the first day (and it had no real map/scenario editor). Its multiplayer "play the world" addon was buggy junk. Civ4 is after all the expansions, the best of the series and going to hex maps in 5/6 has not helped. I lasted longer in Civ6 than 5 (sub 10 hours in either) but its weaksauce overall. Civ5/6 and Beyond Earth have killed much of my interest in 4x games, especially earth based ones.

FO76, is bad even as a survival game which is what I expected, not a solo rpg.

FO76, is bad even as a survival game which is what I expected, not a solo rpg.

And that's the hilariously but confusing part.... who in their right mind considered this game a solo rpg EVEN THOUGH, Bethesda marketed this as an ONLINE ONLY game?

So interestingly enough, i cancelled my digital preorder during the beta phase and was refunded. However, i just noticed yesterday that the bethesda launcher still had the "Install" for FO76, so i redownloaded and found out I can still play the game. I deleted it again after testing that theory.

My personal reaction to the trolls in this thread, and the ever hypocritical and over dramatic internet users -

1. No Human NPC's! -

This is the most over used excuse to explain why FO 76 is apparently dogshit.
Does nobody realize that YOU, the player, is the first (non radiated) human to walk outside of the vault? YOU are the reason FO 4 has a story. YOU are the reason the brotherhood, and all other factions still stand in FO4. You talk of missing lore, yet can't comprehend on realizing why the FO76 lore is the way it stands.
On top of that, I didn't realize the post Apocalypse would be screaming with human population RIGHT after the fallout effect depletes. lmfao, fail to you.

2. EMPTY WASTELAND! - What a crock of bull shit. 60 hours in now, and I can't stop finding stuff to do. This map destroys Fallout 4's in terms of several things - Size, enemy count, areas to loot/explore, quests. Enough said. I can't go one hour without new stuff thrown in my face.

3. NO SINGLE PLAYER! - Really? Did Bethesda ever market this game as a SP game? What retard can't understand from the first day of marketing this game, that this game was created because of all the "I want to play Fall out with my friends!" requests? Ridiculous excuse to hate this game.
By the way, this game has been a blast when even playing by myself. I rarely run in to players, maybe 30 minutes of my 60 hours played has had another player(outside of my party) been in front of me.

4. Everlasting GRIND/Outdated graphics! - Apparently, none of you ever played an MMO. There are literally people here that are STILL paying $15 a month to play WoW. Lmfao. Gtfoh.

5. No quests! - Really? I've gone through dozens of quests. Quests that make you actually stretegically think about how to complete them. Quests about how to actually overcome X obstacle versus mindlessly going over here, fetch this, then go there like you all apparently get a boner over. /sleeppzzz

6. But ANGRYJOE, SHROUD, and MORE SAID! - Really?They're making money off of your view count, nothing more. And you call yourself a fallout fan? A fan who listens to internet streamers? yeah........

7. hahahahahah FO76 is $35 already - Really? What a measly price to pay for you to create your own opinion than jumping the bandwagon. BFV is already $30 at Target, and it's a day newer than FO76. And you guys spewed hate towards that game before it even came out. Hypocrites to the extreme.

8. BUT I COPIED AND PASTA'D A YOUTUBE VIDEO! - IT MUST BE TRUE!...........................................................................................................................................................................
0_o

I'd say this whole reply is overdramatic, therefore hypocritical. Call a spade a spade and you are a troll apparently.

I swear everything these days either has to be amazing/wonderful/best-ever or complete dogshit.

The game isn't as good as Fallout 4, but it's not nearly as bad as angry Youtubers would have you believe. It's okay, and there are plenty of things that are both right and wrong with it. Saying it's mediocre doesn't get you any clicks or attention, so people jump in the deep end on both sides.

The glitchy thing is probably the weirdest, though. I've had fewer glitches in this one than any prior TES or FO game from Bethesda. My wife, too. They're there, but logging off and logging back in has fixed 99% of them.
Yes, I could compile dozens of glitches that other people have gotten and make a video of how "FO76 iz so buggd!" but I could do the same with basically any game ever. That includes RDR2, GTA5, and even the Witcher which are pretty universally loved.

I'd say this whole reply is overdramatic, therefore hypocritical. Call a spade a spade and you are a troll apparently.

Eshelman is far from a troll. He makes very good points/arguments, where as you just call hiim a troll. How about you counter-point instead of name calling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I mean i have a TON of quests to do.....There is so much to do in the game it is not boring at all.....I just now for the first time went into an area after a Bomb went off and my god thats a good way to level and die! Good times.

BUT, they do need to fix a lot of things. 600 Item Stash Limit is a very good first start IMO....I spend why too much time deciding what special items I drop and not keep over actually playing.

Last edited:
The stash limit thing is definitely an annoyance. What I ended up doing to make the process a lot easier is 4 things:

1. Turn most of your materials into "bulk" versions via the tinkerers bench.
2. Once you have more than 10-12 bulk versions of any item, sell off the rest at a train station. You don't need that much for anything except building a huge compound.
3. Don't worry about having multiple sets of power armor.
4. If you have more than 500 of any type of ammo - sell the rest.

For a while I was running around with like 3 power armors and I had like 50 sets of bulk wood and steel. My weight and stash were always maxed. Now I have a large/full camp and am 50'ish lbs. away from having my stash maxed. I typically carry 3 weapons all the time and the rest of my inventory is armor, preserved food, and purified water.

EDIT: You can also break down weapons that are way above your level. You'll find more, so there's no reason to waste 30lbs. on a level 50 missile launcher when you're at level 5.

I edited this slightly so the average joe with a 1080p screen won't be like "Dur, what's happening..?!?"

- Create FalloutCustom.ini in the appropriate myDocuments folder and copy/paste this into it:

[Controls]
bMouseAcceleration=0
fIronSightsPitchSpeedRatio=1
fPitchSpeedRatio=1
[Display]
iSize H=1080
iSize W=1920
fDefaultWorldFOV=75
fDefault1stPersonFOV=75
fDOFBlendRatio=0
fDOFMinFocalCoefDist=999999
fDOFMaxFocalCoefDist=99999999
fDOFDynamicFarRange=99999999
fDOFCenterWeightInt=0
fDOFFarDistance=99999999
fIBLensFlaresBloomint=0
uIBLensFlaresBloomradius=0
[ImageSpace]
bDoRadialBlur=0
iRadialBlurLevel=0
bDoDepthOfField=0
bDynamicDepthOfField=0
bMBEnable=0
bScreenSpaceBokeh=0
bLensFlare=0

I think you misread the post, it's the opposite of what you are thinking.

Okay, it took a few times me re-reading it to get the tone. I was on a conference bs call this morning when I saw it. Thanks, Mav!

Back