Fallout 4

Having lots of fun playing this. Just got rank 3 gun nut, rank 2 sand man, and rank 2 ninja. Have silenced .50 cal sniper, silenced combat shotty, and silenced pistols. Tearin em up with this gear!

The animations are terrible though and is it just me or are the load times offensively long?

I can't even finish reading the tips before it loads, so no problems here.

Can't say I'm the least bit surprised by such widespread issues.

Normally, I wait 4-6 months before purchasing Bethesda games.

But, I wanted to play and be a part of this monstrous thread lol

Similar, I bought it but its staying as a steam code until the major issues are fixed.

Today was a much better day. I don't know if everything lined up right and adaptive vsync or what happened but I got a good three hours in total with no problems whatesoever.

I really like those recon scopes. I was doing prowling and some of my old sneaking and silent kill tricks. Good times.

Today was a much better day. I don't know if everything lined up right and adaptive vsync or what happened but I got a good three hours in total with no problems whatesoever.

I really like those recon scopes. I was doing prowling and some of my old sneaking and silent kill tricks. Good times.

thats good to hear man :)

textures of this one are way better http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/234/? also using a black pipboy http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/268/?

D7rCzsJ.jpg

*dogmeat looking at me with adoration because i spoil him :D

1.5 hours in and so far so good, no issues or bugs :D Just tested it out on my work laptop and it works very well but I do need to run at lower settings (laptops a i5 @ 2100 and geforce 860), also got a new file sync program so my laptop and desktop sync the save files so don't need to worry about swapping and transferring saves anymore :)

Not going to bother with the settlement shit. I just threw a bunch of beds into the middle of the street and called it a day. How do they expect you to line shit up perfectly in first-person view?

How do you "connect" settlements after you get Local Leader perk? Do you have to do the Castle quest first?

I just want to build my own stark towers with power armor collection. Worth 6 charisma to me

Damn D4rkn3ss you got a good look for her going there.

The real fun begins on the mod scene when FOSE gets released for this.

I just want to build my own stark towers with power armor collection. Worth 6 charisma to me

Please let me know how that goes for you.

You'll probably spend 100 hours scavenging for those materials, lolol

With Sanctuary, I cleared/scrapped it all out, and all I could afford was about 70 percent of the radius walled up and a two story wood house for myself :(

Id rather scavenge the mats than cheat for them.

But, i have used the console a couple times to teleport to my dog because i lost him when i made him stay some where and forgot i did that lol.

Anybody else having ammo issues with full auto weapons?

Switching the mod to semi-auto with high fire speed can literally double your damage for the same amount of bullets. I've been trying to use the SMG / Auto Pipe Rifle and I have to keep going to Diamong City to re-stock ammo. Not to mention it costs a ton.

Plus, the semi-auto perk is MUCH better than full-auto perk. Such a bummer. They should have put a "Fully automatic weapons consume 1/2 Ammo" or something.

I'm so out of practice with hardware is stupid. Based off of what Steam is showing, my GTX460 should be able to run FO4 except that I only have 1gb of ram vs. 2. And, I think this confirms that...or am I smoking crack?

I don't feel like my 5 year old GPU should be able to run this, just confirm that for me before I drop $60...or will it run it?

FWIW I only game at 1680x1050.

Anybody else having ammo issues with full auto weapons?

Switching the mod to semi-auto with high fire speed can literally double your damage for the same amount of bullets. I've been trying to use the SMG / Auto Pipe Rifle and I have to keep going to Diamong City to re-stock ammo. Not to mention it costs a ton.

Plus, the semi-auto perk is MUCH better than full-auto perk. Such a bummer. They should have put a "Fully automatic weapons consume 1/2 Ammo" or something.

I noticed. I'm going to switch to semi-auto on a couple of my guns, too.

I'm so out of practice with hardware is stupid. Based off of what Steam is showing, my GTX460 should be able to run FO4 except that I only have 1gb of ram vs. 2. And, I think this confirms that...or am I smoking crack?

I don't feel like my 5 year old GPU should be able to run this, just confirm that for me before I drop $60...or will it run it?

Put the $60 towards a GPU...

Created a couple bad ass weapons. .50 cal silenced sniper, seems to be gutting most enemies with a single head shot. A combat shotgun for up close and personal, tuned for massive damage and extra crit.

aJFpem7.png

ER6Lc4u.png

pipe weapons are the junky ones. almost all my gear are special. i am level 29 at 34 hours played.

Get a GTX 950 or 960 if you want to save some dough. They should easily run this game at that rez.

I am rolling in .38 ammo, have like 500+, problem is it seems the ONLY ones that take that are the crappy "pipe" ones that do waaaaaaaaaay less dmg then any other.

I am leaning a lot more toward using melee weapons now because ammo seems so scarce.

BTW where/how do you use the tattoos you find? I've gotten like 3 tattoo magazines but it never says how to use it.

If you get to the point where you can afford the ammo, the .45 combat rifles kick all kinds of ass. I usually one shot the lower raiders with it, and only super rare things can kill me. I tried melee, but even with the perks it's not viable imo. It's too hard to get close to a bunch of raiders spraying .38 rounds at you most the time, too much junk on the ground, and it's too slow when the ghouls sprint at you, etc. You end up being a RAD sponge.

Last edited:

Get your wife to buy you a new computer for christs sake. :D

Fun fact: Max settlement population is 10 + Your Charisma.

yea i found that out when i sent every one to the fort base and i was like wtf i can only have 16 and i built 3 t2 shops and they make 15 caps a day! so they make 5 caps each for a 600 cap shop sounds about right :(

yea i found that out when i sent every one to the fort base and i was like wtf i can only have 16 and i built 3 t2 shops and they make 15 caps a day! so they make 5 caps each for a 600 cap shop sounds about right :(
Yep, I put up 6 stores across 2 towns and after a few hours of gameplay they generated 100~120 caps in each town. Pretty much worthless.
I think if you do this in ALL settlements across the entire map, it will add up. But remember it costs 500+ caps per store, and by the time you populate all of your settlements you will be filthy rich anyway.

I put up a bunch of scavenging stations and assigned all extra NPCs (about 5-10 per town) to scavenge. They generate useless shit like Plastic, Wood, etc, but it's more useful than a handful of caps. So I have 3 or 4 people farming food and everyone else farming crafting materials for me... That's about it.

Sooo in short, as far as I can tell settlements are totally useless. They don't generate anything useful. At all.
HOWEVER if you like to sell a lot of stuff, you can set up a bunch of stores in your settlement and it gives you access to them all in 1 spot! So that's super helpful.

It's still a lot of fun to grow and manage your settlements. I'm not sure it's worth spending 6 points in Charisma, however.

Last edited:
Is there big difference in graphics between Low and High settings? I am wondering will my Lenovo Y50-70 handle it?

Is there big difference in graphics between Low and High settings? I am wondering will my Lenovo Y50-70 handle it?

Not really you should have no issues as long as your not using the intel gpu. my lenovo in my sig does 20 fps adverage with other wise smooth game play on medium...

im using two laser rifles, one is scoped for sniping, the beams are so bright and shiny, uhh!

im using two laser rifles, one is scoped for sniping, the beams are so bright and shiny, uhh!
One thing I've learned so far is that Cell Fusion (laser) weapons are significantly more effective than bullet weapons.
Just got my hands on Gamma and Plasma pistols.

One thing I've learned so far is that Cell Fusion (laser) weapons are significantly more effective than bullet weapons.
Just got my hands on Gamma and Plasma pistols.

and they look so pretty, i just leveled up again and im going to put round two on science so i can mod them more :D

Yep, I put up 6 stores across 2 towns and after a few hours of gameplay they generated 100~120 caps in each town. Pretty much worthless.
I think if you do this in ALL settlements across the entire map, it will add up. But remember it costs 500+ caps per store, and by the time you populate all of your settlements you will be filthy rich anyway.

I put up a bunch of scavenging stations and assigned all extra NPCs (about 5-10 per town) to scavenge. They generate useless shit like Plastic, Wood, etc, but it's more useful than a handful of caps. So I have 3 or 4 people farming food and everyone else farming crafting materials for me... That's about it.

Sooo in short, as far as I can tell settlements are totally useless. They don't generate anything useful. At all.
HOWEVER if you like to sell a lot of stuff, you can set up a bunch of stores in your settlement and it gives you access to them all in 1 spot! So that's super helpful.

It's still a lot of fun to grow and manage your settlements. I'm not sure it's worth spending 6 points in Charisma, however.

my plan was to stay away from making these things. It seems like a lot of work and I don't want to play FPS version of shelter.

Like they added it as busy work to make the game longer. I have zero interest in it. Maybe I'll set up a single store.

Big question is, once you start building is that settlement going to be a PITA because it gets attacked?

Big question is, once you start building is that settlement going to be a PITA because it gets attacked?

I'm not even sure how the mechanics work for it. Like if your defense is higher than everything else, does it NEVER get attacked, or just much less likely?

If one gets attacked when you're not there, does it radio you for help and then you head there and help defend it?

Back