Fallout 4

This dude has more accessories installed on him than my X-01 Tesla Power Armor.,, and his eyes look determined to my character. As in, "Don't start shit with me and I won't start shit with you. Your choice."

AceGoober_FO4_0178.jpg

Moved a few more suits of power armor over to The Fort. Still working on getting the place outfitted with decorations but there has been one setback: the flippin' invisible object bug hit my Armor/Clothing/Weapons section. There has got to be a way of preventing the bug or removing the invisible objects showing-up randomly.

I'm looking through my save file to see where the bug is manifesting itself. I'm hoping to find a solution soon since I really don't want to lose my level 388 character because of this bug crap.

Last edited:
I just want Danse to finally give up his perk! I think I screwed up not going for the 'flirt' option. F' me.

Good grief. You kidding me?

I guess I shouldn't consider this upgrade if some of my favorite games aren't even being supported for it.

Well, I bought my 34" 21:9 1440p monitor and dual 980ti's so I could enjoy the Witcher 3 to the max. Any other games that may have support are just icing on the cake :)

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I just want Danse to finally give up his perk! I think I screwed up not going for the 'flirt' option. F' me.
You don't have to flirt with him. Just keep going to the armor, weapons, and power armor workstations while he is around. Take your power armor to a workbench and repair it, add a mod to a gun, etc. Rinse repeat.

Well, I bought my 34" 21:9 1440p monitor and dual 980ti's so I could enjoy the Witcher 3 to the max. Any other games that may have support are just icing on the cake :)

Which monitor did you get? I have a single 980Ti.

I have a 21:9 monitor and the game supports it but I had to go into the game ini. file to change it. That was when the game first came out. I don't know if they put it into the options menu yet. I haven't bothered to look.

like this
It seems there is a minor requiremernt..

Fallout ‏@Fallout 17m17 minutes ago
In order to start #FarHarbor, you’ll need to complete “Getting a Clue” on the main quest #Fallout4 #MoreFour

Yep, since you are going to Far Harbor with Valentine you got to free him from the situation he's in first, lol.

The game supports 21:9, I was playing it yesterday. I set the resolution in Fallout4Prefs.ini, didn't check the launcher.

Man, that looks nice. Wish I had that but it's still too expensive and I've got a 27 inch to justify buying it.

modifying my game to accept 21:9 made some weird shadowy looking things, not sure how to fix it.

I am on a friend's computer and helped him set up Fallout 4. Patches, drivers, F4S3, NMM... all up to date. I may have simply done too much but when we went to start the game new we got past the title screen, hit New Game, and faced an eternal loading screen. When I disabled mods everything was fine.

I bet it's something stupid that I missed. Hopefully that's all it is.

Where did I go wrong?:

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
SpringCleaning.esm=0
Snap'n Build.esm=0
Homemaker.esm=0
SettlementKeywords.esm=0
The Eyes Of Beauty.esp=0
EasyHacking.esp=0
Faster Terminal Displays (20x).esp=0
EasyLockpicking.esp=0
WET Clearer.esp=0
Crossbow.esp=0
CBBE.esp=0
DarkerNights.esp=0
TrueStormsFO4.esp=0
TrueStormsFO4-ClimateSettings.esp=0
TrueStormsFO4-NoConstantRads.esp=0
DarkerNights-TrueStorms.esp=0
DarkerNightsDetection.esp=0
SkjAlert_DLC01+.esp=0
SkjAlert_DLC02+.esp=0
SkjAlert_S+.esp=0
mso_sms.esp=0
Snap'n Build - reinitialize fix.esp=0
CleanSettlement Snap'n Build.esp=0
Clean Wasteland Workshop.esp=0
Homemaker - Streetlights Use Passive Power.esp=0
Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects.esp=0
SettleObjExpandPack.esp=0
Build High - Expanded Settlements.esp=0
WET.esp=0
SatelliteWorldMap.esp=0
WastelandWorkshopPatch.esp=0
SC_ExpandedScrapList.esp=0
ScrapDeadThings.esp=0

Did you run LOOT?

Yes.

I *think* I found the issue. I had to eliminate any and all traces of Settlement Keywords and anything even remotely related to it in terms of patches and mod choices. (Homemaker has an SK option) etc.

Right now I have everything on and everything seems to be working now.

When I was installing settlement mods, all of 1.5 updated mods had instructions to disable settlement keywords.

like this
Seems ok for now.

Just curious: What timescale are people using this game? I'm using timescale 6 with darker nights and True Storms. I'd read and heard that if I went any lower it might create problems. Is that a good setting? I've been pretty happy with it. The default timescale was too fast for me.

Far Harbor just seems like one of those towns Erin Brokovich gets mad about.

TheSandman21

Here's a suggestion...place Minutemen mortars at every settlement. Once done, mortar the crap out of every enemy location you find.

You know the Wreck of the U.S.S. Riptide (tug crashed into a bridge) close to the middle of the Commonwealth? Mortared. Bodies flew everywhere. To ensure complete annihilation of the Raiders, throw the grenade at the end of the barge closest to the aft of the tug.

How about:

Group of Synths that keep respawning close to Bunker Hill? Mortared to hell and back. Lots of good loot to collect from their trashed bodies.

Then there are the mutants at the settlement close to The Slog. Those ugly green bastards never knew what hit them. The only mutants who escape the bombardment are the two close to the river. Sometimes they will start running towards the main settlement structure but that is a very rare event.

If you have control over Somerset Place mortaring parts of the Glowing Sea is possible.

Q-BZ

Settlement Keywords is no longer necessary since the keyword count has been upped from 256 to 64k.

btw, I am currently sitting at 172 mods with 111 active plugins. :D

=================================================

I was cleaning Spectacle Island and ran into a collision bug:

AceGoober_FO4_0180.jpg

This container is on the far left side of the barge as you approach the makeshift ramp to get on top of the containers. When scrapping this container the collision data is still present meaning an invisible object the size of the container is still there. I'm going to see if I can get that corrected because none of the other containers had the issue.

=================================================

Messed around with ENB a bit. Bloom seems a bit high to me so I'll have to adjust it out. Looks good otherwise.

AceGoober_FO4_0181.jpg

AceGoober_FO4_0182.jpg

AceGoober_FO4_0183.jpg

AceGoober_FO4_0184.jpg

AceGoober_FO4_0185.jpg

AceGoober_FO4_0186.jpg

AceGoober_FO4_0187.jpg

AceGoober_FO4_0188.jpg

AceGoober said:
btw, I am currently sitting at 172 mods with 111 active plugins.

You are living on the edge with a Bethesda title with this insanity. I don't have the guts. ;)

Heck, FO:NV has 130 mods with 99 active plugins. FO3 has 133 mods with 89 active plugins. Before I wiped Skyrim it had 144 mods with 117 active plugins. Even as impressive as it sounds, there are many people far more brave than I am. A member on Bethesda.net said he had over 400 mods installed for FO4... :eek:

You are living on the edge with a Bethesda title with this insanity. I don't have the guts. ;)

btw... :D

Settlement_in_the_Toilet.jpg

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I think we all missed something with regards to settlement building in the Far Harbor trailer....

Have a look at this screencap:

AceGoober_FO4_0189.jpg

See the NPC at the counter?

He's not behind a seller booth.

The cash register is far to his left which places the NPC out-of-range of current mods on NexusMods.com.

Considering his close proximity to the counter - and his hands aren't clipping through the countertop - I'd say we have a new resource for stores. Then again, I could be wrong.

like this
Anyone seen a barbed wire mod out there anywhere? I did some searching but couldn't find anything.

Back