Fallout 4

OK...I'm 15 hours of game play in an I am thoroughly enjoying this game. I am only level 10 but It seems my OCD has taken over because I literally spend hours scrounging for junk and loot in stead of playing the damn game!

With that said, I told myself I was not going to cheat but JESUS Christ, I get so tired of having to give poor Dog-meat all my Hording shit and then when he and I are both full I have to fast travel back to camp and dump all my crap off.....So I said fuk it and with a little console love, I upped my carrying capacity to 10,000. SO much frekin' better. I decided that will be the only cheat I use......:rolleyes:

Join the club man. That was the first mod I installed. That, and craftable ammo. It just makes sense to me. He was in the army, so he should be able to make his own ammo. Plus, what gun nut doesn't make their own? And, I'm maxed out in that.

I want to build something epic at the drive ins, but that damn hole of radiation is a huge set back for me. I even tried covering it up. Doesn't work. lol

oh i forgot! and aligning all those things with the walls and other objects so everything looks neat, jesus christ i though i was gonna die!! and i am not being dramatic! nuh-uh, no way!

Not sure if there is anything you guys collect specifically, but here are my main collections - pool balls and lunchboxes:

ALL THE BALLS

Notice the odd distribution...there are significantly more Two, Eight and Cue balls than anything else. Others are exceedingly rare.

Another angle of BALLS

Another angle, plus in the upper left you can see my small but proud Pepper Mill / Salt Shaker collection. Again, a seemingly rare Junk item that I decided to collect.

SO LUNCHBOX, MUCH WOW

The one off to the left is special - It's called "Lunchbox" rather than "Vault-Tec Lunchbox" in-game...no idea why.

You can also see the Bobbleheads and the Gilded Grasshopper there.

Great stuff man!

aw man! Curie sees right through me! like she is telepathic or can capture my brain waves, or something! so, i found this deathclaw egg right? so i decided to return it to his mother, i thought "oh man, curie is gonna love that" because nature right? of course my intentions were obviously more in the line of unleashing another deathclaw to terrorize the wasteland, for teh lulz, and because oh well why the hell not, and so i gave the egg back to its mother and, man, she was not happy!! she knew all along why i did that! even gave a little speech!

how do you get rid of the blown out lighting effects?
this is not the perma glare, just the bullshit light-change iris effect I guess.
but they do it too goddamn munch in too many places to where you can't see shit, especially around spot lights.
probably the main annoyance I have with this game

That's not what it looks like to me. Those screenshots look more like you maxed out your perk for Night Person. It changes the perception into a kind of tunnel vision and blows out the contrast with that perk maxed out. If you did max out that perk, you're permanently screwed.

Actually, not permanently. You can undo it...but you have to do it with the console.

oh gee, im playing this thing since yesterday, dude, my brain is gone, it feels like it has a white cloud in it, eyes are gone too, i'll be gone now, have a nice weekend. :p

aw man! Curie sees right through me! like she is telepathic or can capture my brain waves, or something! so, i found this deathclaw egg right? so i decided to return it to his mother, i thought "oh man, curie is gonna love that" because nature right? of course my intentions were obviously more in the line of unleashing another deathclaw to terrorize the wasteland, for teh lulz, and because oh well why the hell not, and so i gave the egg back to its mother and, man, she was not happy!! she knew all along why i did that! even gave a little speech!

How do you get Curie to like you more? I've had her with me for a little bit and she just hasn't reacted much at all.

That's not what it looks like to me. Those screenshots look more like you maxed out your perk for Night Person. It changes the perception into a kind of tunnel vision and blows out the contrast with that perk maxed out. If you did max out that perk, you're permanently screwed.

Actually, not permanently. You can undo it...but you have to do it with the console.

Yup, that's what I did and I undid it via the console no worries.

It's essentially the same exact effect that Khajit night vision in Skyrim was. Too much. I don't care for it.

How do you get Curie to like you more? I've had her with me for a little bit and she just hasn't reacted much at all.

Maybe the problem is you! :p

Do a tonne of Minutemen quests and choose the kind/positive dialogue option when talking to them.

Help the junkie in Vault 81 (and by help, I mean helping him, not enabling him)

Go to the schoolhouse in Diamond City and talk to Edna about love (she's a robot identical to Curie. She's in love with the teacher)

Give a Cola to the begger/homeless guy in Diamond City

Last edited:
I ditched Curie for Piper as soon as I got her. Curie kind of annoyed me and she wasn't great in combat.

I ditched Curie for Piper as soon as I got her. Curie kind of annoyed me and she wasn't great in combat.

pish i have not used piper yet.. tho i hear she is open to a threesome...

Curie is not so bad in a fight if you upgrade her to the synth body and give her a good weapon...

So, I'm like 15 hours into the game and only like at level 10. I'm just taking my time exploring and looting. I haven't gone to Diamond city yet, but I did find the Brotherhood and joined them and did finish the first quest assignment I was given by the guy and girl. I read on the forums that if you do to many of one of the faction quests that it will keep you from starting or joining the other factions and you can lose out on great weapons and gear. Is this true? and how do I avoid this then? I know in Skyrim, you could join every guild without an issue....

Maybe the problem is you! :p

Do a tonne of Minutemen quests and choose the kind/positive dialogue option when talking to them.

Help the junkie in Vault 81 (and by help, I mean helping him, not enabling him)

Go to the schoolhouse in Diamond City and talk to Edna about love (she's a robot identical to Curie. She's in love with the teacher)

Give a Cola to the begger/homeless guy in Diamond City

Got it.

pish i have not used piper yet.. tho i hear she is open to a threesome...

Curie is not so bad in a fight if you upgrade her to the synth body and give her a good weapon...

Yeah, I never got that far with Curie.

I'm 65 hours in with lvl in high 30s and still rocking silver shroud armor. it seems useless to craft some unless syn or whatever armor. Anyone with me?

that is fine if that is all you want. dude can upgrade it for you also. but you are losing out on 5x legendary armor perk slots, also the base uniform has good resistance bumps when maxed out.

I'm 65 hours in with lvl in high 30s and still rocking silver shroud armor. it seems useless to craft some unless syn or whatever armor. Anyone with me?

Yeah, it's hard to not wear the silver shroud armor. If you keep it upgraded, protection level is really good and you just look so damn badass wearing it.

that is fine if that is all you want. dude can upgrade it for you also. but you are losing out on 5x legendary armor perk slots, also the base uniform has good resistance bumps when maxed out.

Or you can get a mod and have both...

I'm at level 23 but battle are always difficult, I loot all things but ammo is not so abundant.
is there something that I'm doing wrong?

another question.
how can I know if I'm doing an endless looping sidequest or a normal sidequest?

You can't scrap weapons unless you manually do it at an upgrade center or by dumping them all on the ground. More likely they are in some chest. Chests will not share resources like the crafting stations do.

Wait, what? Crafting stations share resources? Like between towns? Because if so I'm getting hosed.

I'm at level 23 but battle are always difficult, I loot all things but ammo is not so abundant.
is there something that I'm doing wrong?

another question.
how can I know if I'm doing an endless looping sidequest or a normal sidequest?

what difficulty are you on?

crafting stations share resources in a specific settlement or building that has stations. you can put in one and remove from another. with the supply line perk you can share the resources of other settlements for building or crafting. you cannot however put something in one settlement and take it out of another.

What about water? I see some of you guys are able to share water to other settlements.
Supply line doesn't seem to share water.

My old bones just started giving me that little hint to say I need to cut down on Fallout 4 gaming time. Even though I take breaks every 45 minutes to an hour and drink plenty of fluids, 408 hours in 33 days is a bit much. Better slow down while I'm ahead. :)

I'm pretty sure they can share food and water if you have supply lines.

I don't know.
My typical routine for a new settlement, is to open up a supply line immediately.
The supplies/food stored are definitely there, but water and food numbers never change, unless I manually change it.
(by adding water/food sources on that new settlement)

Last edited:
Curie is the greatest character since HK-47 the Great, for me she IS the new hk-47, she behaves like a spoiled and innocent french girl and because of that i must be on my best behavior around her. she is such a bubblehead and i just cant have enough of it. the fact that a guy like me that hates co-op and sidekicks, who like only solo sports since i was a kid, is carring her around in this game says much about her, to sum it up: oh my gosh, user d4rk so much adores that Curie character from fallout 4 :p

@Q-BZ to answer your question, she is a spoiled and sensitive and innocent french girl, she is curious and everything is interesting to her in the wasteland, it goes without saying that you must be on your best behavior around such character because otherwise it would be mean, and you cant be mean around cute and spoiled girls, that is not cool.

Curie is the greatest character since HK-47 the Great, for me she IS the new hk-47, she behaves like a spoiled and innocent french girl and because of that i must be on my best behavior around her. she is such a bubblehead and i just cant have enough of it. the fact that a guy like me that hates co-op and sidekicks, who like only solo sports since i was a kid, is carring her around in this game says much about her, to sum it up: oh my gosh, user d4rk so much adores that Curie character from fallout 4 :p

@Q-BZ to answer your question, she is a spoiled and sensitive and innocent french girl, she is curious and everything is interesting to her in the wasteland, it goes without saying that you must be on your best behavior around such character because otherwise it would be mean, and you cant be mean around cute and spoiled girls, that is not cool.

I have to agree. Once I found her later in the game plot, I had to go back and restart the game after character creation and get her in the party earlier just to see/hear what she does. Between the perfect out-of-place accent, and the random comments about everything...definitely one of the best RPG companions since HK47.

Yup, took care of it.

She's a good character.

Has anyone gotten Smiling Larry to work one of your shops? I ran into him and sent him to a settlement, and he never showed (which seems like is what always happened). Used console commands that are supposed to fix it, and he shows up but is not assignable.

I haven't ever been able to get the Tier 4 vendors to go to my settlements...I've met a few of them but never got the option. I have full Cap Collector perk and whatnot.

I asked this question earlier but didn't get an answer.....i was wondering about doing the different faction quests and at what point would you need to stop before you would not have an option to join another faction or initiate their quest line? I ask because I am starting the Brotherhood quests and I read on a steam thread that if you do there quest line you will lose the option to join say the railroad. I thought this game being like Skyrim I would have the option to join all factions/guilds? Seems pointless if this is not the case?

I asked this question earlier but didn't get an answer.....i was wondering about doing the different faction quests and at what point would you need to stop before you would not have an option to join another faction or initiate their quest line? I ask because I am starting the Brotherhood quests and I read on a steam thread that if you do there quest line you will lose the option to join say the railroad. I thought this game being like Skyrim I would have the option to join all factions/guilds? Seems pointless if this is not the case?

The game will tell you when you're about to piss off another faction. Until then, you can quest with all of them.

Pointless? No. Sometimes you have to pick a side in RPG's.

The game will tell you when you're about to piss off another faction. Until then, you can quest with all of them.

Pointless? No. Sometimes you have to pick a side in RPG's.

Thanks for the reply...I'm only 15 hours in and at level 10 but this is my first Fallout game. I played all the elder scrolls though and joining guilds was a huge part of the gameplay/storyline, so that is why I say that if you lose the option to join and play out there quests it seems like a waste...Albeit I understand and it does make more sense that if you join one side/group, then how could you join another and also side with them without creating inner turmoil....

Back