Fallout 4

Pssst! Agatha's dress +3 charisma I have no idea where I found it. (wonder if it's a negative hit for a guy wearing a dress....hmmmm.)

"Fixed issue with "When Freedom Calls" where the quest would not complete "

HALLELUJA! bout time

Yeah, I heard about those (Reginald's suit is the male version), haven't gotten around to doing the quest yet.

On my second play through. Went full melee again. Anyone else go this route? I really like running around in my power armor wielding a sword! Sprint up and chop those limbs off. Learned from my first play through on were to place perks and such. Made sure to get science this time. Level 20 now and haven't even started the main quest line.

Pssst! Agatha's dress +3 charisma I have no idea where I found it. (wonder if it's a negative hit for a guy wearing a dress....hmmmm.)

Male characters should get Reginald's Suit instead at the end of that quest.

I think there is a mod that shows the caps per pound stat in the UI so you can better determine what to haul at a glance.

Well, a method to "legally game" the weight issue is to head to a armor/weapon table after looting (if there's one nearby). Then junk what isn't worthy from a weight/caps ratio. That leather piece weighing 3 pounds become 0.5 or 0.1 pounds, and instead of tossing it, is still worth a cap or so.

I actually liked the "hardcore" mode in Fallout: New Vegas and wish it was here in survivor mode. Yes, I actually liked the idea of needing food/hydration, ammo weight, etc. But only in survivor mode -- folks who don't want it need not apply, and should just play Very Hard :)

Agreed 100%. I find myself overburdened constantly, even with a companion lugging 1/2 my stuff around. It's not like you can realistically carry even a fraction of the crap you find around, so why not make some of it weightless. The ammo is after all.

I'm also very much getting sick of Zimonja being hassled and someone being kidnapped and held in the ammo depot. Last night I got both quests 3 times. The raiders in the ammo depot were still dead for 2 of them. I just ran in and ran out with the hostage. Those radiant quests should be on-demand instead of Preston auto-issuing them.

Small gripes, but it's easy to not realize they're endless and end up at level 30 before you even start the main plot.

With the lone survivor perk, you can get +100 carry weight added to your inventory if you don't have a companion on you. Plus it adds defence too.

I find this much more convenient than to constantly transfer items back and forth to your companion.

Well, a method to "legally game" the weight issue is to head to a armor/weapon table after looting (if there's one nearby). Then junk what isn't worthy from a weight/caps ratio. That leather piece weighing 3 pounds become 0.5 or 0.1 pounds, and instead of tossing it, is still worth a cap or so.

I actually liked the "hardcore" mode in Fallout: New Vegas and wish it was here in survivor mode. Yes, I actually liked the idea of needing food/hydration, ammo weight, etc. But only in survivor mode -- folks who don't want it need not apply, and should just play Very Hard :)

That's what's funny is I played Hardcore in NV and didn't mind it. The addition of the crafting system just did me in.

Ideally there would just be a mod to make Junk items weightless. I think that would solve a lot of my frustrations with the carry capacity system, rather than make you able to carry 2000 pounds of whatever (guns, armor, etc.)

With the lone survivor perk, you can get +100 carry weight added to your inventory if you don't have a companion on you. Plus it adds defence too.

I find this much more convenient than to constantly transfer items back and forth to your companion.

ammo is weightless you realistically only need 3 guns for the whole game and a decent set of armor not hard to get carry weight to 300+ after that it is just a matter of hitting that limit then taking a hit of buffout then going back to base dumping junk and extras then back out i like to use the companion rather than buffout but i donno some of the companions are pretty weak backed...

Just use tge console command to carry more. I did that at the start. I hate baving to deal with the weight.

That's what's funny is I played Hardcore in NV and didn't mind it. The addition of the crafting system just did me in.

When I played mine, I basically bypassed the entire hardcore system by simply completing each of the DLC's before going through the main plot, especially lonesome road where MRE, when combined with not fighting Ulysses, basically meant hunger has become a minor issue at best. (I completed Lonesome road first so I can avail of the best rewards from that DLC while also being able to reset the infamy I gained via the once off reset).

I played hardcore for the achievement only, rather than actually playing the game as hardcore.

I can't remember where I got a steady supply of clean water from (probably the Sink), but it was equally trivial after DLCs as well, so I feel DLCs kinda ruined hardcore mode.

I am at a loss for words as to why people are finishing the main quest and maybe a few side quests, reaching levels in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and higher with only 40 or so hours invested in the game.

Maybe it is just me but I have 351 hours invested in Fallout 4 and am still discovering new places; many of those places un-marked. I've only spent a rough total of 14 hours building-up settlements; at most.

You can build stuff to increase your XP. Just go to a settlement and construct as many objects as fast as you can while moving, you can get like 3xp per 1/1.5 seconds once you get the hang of it. If you want.

I'm level 70. I feel there is not much left to do. I want to reach level 75 so I can use the Science level 4 perk. Any tips to keep going?

I'm not too far into the main plot (yet still level 35), but as of right now there are at least 3 characters that keep issuing missions to me either voluntarily or on demand.
I'm assuming at some point they either die or stop.

I am still debating on adding the mod that allows near infinite carry weight. I find mostly weight to be a bother where I am having to lug stuff back and forth.

I'm not too far into the main plot (yet still level 35), but as of right now there are at least 3 characters that keep issuing missions to me either voluntarily or on demand.
I'm assuming at some point they either die or stop.

doubt it. at some point they start repeating the missions. only change is when you level up, then you may get new places. gotten so that I no longer bother visiting some areas because preston won't STFU.

doubt it. at some point they start repeating the missions. only change is when you level up, then you may get new places. gotten so that I no longer bother visiting some areas because preston won't STFU.

I'm right there with you. I have all of my stuff at Sanctuary, but am tempted to move everything to the Red Rocket just to avoid those stupid kidnapping and raider quests.

I'm right there with you. I have all of my stuff at Sanctuary, but am tempted to move everything to the Red Rocket just to avoid those stupid kidnapping and raider quests.

You could just send Preston somewhere else (make him your companion and then dismiss him).

Same here. It serves some purpose to a degree but I am not a fan of Radiant AI quests and am disappointed they brought this concept over from Skyrim.

There have been instances where either the Brotherhood, Preston, or some of the other factions have sent me to the same places multiple times.

It's cheap, artificial gameplay padding. I hope Bethesda abandons Radiant AI from here on out.

It's probably not fair for me to say this but this is yet again another area where CDPR handed Bethesda their ass with Witcher 3. Meaty sidequests, meaningful missions, seemingly innocuous events suddenly build up into something bigger... Rarely did I ever feel like I was in some kind of repetitive and meaningless causality loop in that.

As much as I am enjoying Fallout 4 on its own merits I really can see how Witcher 3 has spoiled me in a lot of ways from here on out. Metal Gear Phantom Pain has as well, incidentally.

Same here. It serves some purpose to a degree but I am not a fan of Radiant AI quests and am disappointed they brought this concept over from Skyrim.

There have been instances where either the Brotherhood, Preston, or some of the other factions have sent me to the same places multiple times.

It's cheap, artificial gameplay padding. I hope Bethesda abandons Radiant AI from here on out.

I agree somewhat, but 1) you don't have to do the missions (though I can see how it's annoying having them pop up all the time) and 2) in my experience there is usually a legendary enemy or something that makes it semi-worthwhile.

If they guaranteed a loot cache and at least one legendary spawn per quest it would make it a lot better IMO.

Incidentally, I had to send Preston to somewhere other than Sanctuary at some point due to settler caps, so I haven't had to hear from him in awhile. :p

I didn't mind the radiant quests at first. I'd say the first 20 or so of them were unique and a few of them even led me into larger mini-quests like the Dunwich Borers area.
More recently it seems like they love sending me to the same places over and over. I had 3 that sent me to the same exact kidnapping location in a row. The raiders were even still dead. With so many locations on the map, you'd think they would do a better job of randomizing things. I think they only set aside maybe 10 locations for each radiant questline, when using 75% of the map probably would have made them more tolerable. Having Preston only give them when you asked would have been better, too.

More recently it seems like they love sending me to the same places over and over. I had 3 that sent me to the same exact kidnapping location in a row. The raiders were even still dead.

Okay, yeah that's pretty bad.

I didn't mind the radiant quests at first. I'd say the first 20 or so of them were unique and a few of them even led me into larger mini-quests like the Dunwich Borers area.
More recently it seems like they love sending me to the same places over and over. I had 3 that sent me to the same exact kidnapping location in a row. The raiders were even still dead. With so many locations on the map, you'd think they would do a better job of randomizing things. I think they only set aside maybe 10 locations for each radiant questline, when using 75% of the map probably would have made them more tolerable. Having Preston only give them when you asked would have been better, too.

Problem being...making a real random number generating anything is astoundingly difficult mathematically. Given enough digital dice rolls there inevitably end up being certain outputs that are more common than others.

I am still debating on adding the mod that allows near infinite carry weight. I find mostly weight to be a bother where I am having to lug stuff back and forth.

just open the console and type player.setav carryweight # and change it.
only downside is if your strength changes you need to type it again but so far I have not had any ill effects using this and I've been using it since I started the game.

I set it 10000 and I carry so much crap around and I think I'm up to 2500 in total stuff.

Problem being...making a real random number generating anything is astoundingly difficult mathematically. Given enough digital dice rolls there inevitably end up being certain outputs that are more common than others.

It really wouldn't be that hard to put in something to "reroll" if it came up with the same type of quest or the same destination as it did the couple of times before, though.

Hi, some weeks ago I downloaded the beta patch for Fallout 4.
Now I would like to stop using the beta version and get the stable one.
In my settings the BETA tab is vanished, how can I disable the beta version?

Radiant quests were shit in Skyrim and look to be shit in FO4 as well. They are OK at first, but really they are just lazy development. You don't need to put any thought into those quests since they are the same thing over and over again.

I am at a loss for words as to why people are finishing the main quest and maybe a few side quests, reaching levels in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and higher with only 40 or so hours invested in the game.

Maybe it is just me but I have 351 hours invested in Fallout 4 and am still discovering new places; many of those places un-marked. I've only spent a rough total of 14 hours building-up settlements; at most.

What level are you?

I haven't checked lately, but I think I'm around 70 hours in based on my save files (my Steam time is way off due to leaving my computer idle with the game running).

I'm level 46 and have unlocked the Prydwen and talked to Virgil but nothing with any other faction.

just open the console and type player.setav carryweight # and change it.
only downside is if your strength changes you need to type it again but so far I have not had any ill effects using this and I've been using it since I started the game.

I set it 10000 and I carry so much crap around and I think I'm up to 2500 in total stuff.

Or you can do .modav instead, and it just bumps up your base carryweight, changes in STR and perks and chems will still cause it to add or subtract.

In this case, though, they could just take a list of all viable locations for the radiant quests, then "randomize" that list, and then have you run through the full list of locations before randomizing again. Doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to do.

I just finished the Main quest last night. I have a few quests in my log I don't think I can complete now...unless there is a way to purge them..LoL.

I think they are:

Silver Shroud
Help Recon Team (talk to Paladin Danse)
and another Brotherhood one I believe..

I chose the Minutemen as my main faction. Now to finish up collecting Bobble heads and maybe a few magazines..(I think I have most of them). I have 11 Bobble heads at the moment.

I'm hoping in the upcoming content releases that they add a few more "Hot Rod" magazines...maybe with a Bright Yellow, Candy Apple Red or Green (that shark paint job doesn't count), and a nice Orange. It would also be nice if we could choose how the paint jobs look...like freshly painted or something that looks 20 years old..like they do currently..LoL.

I made Preston my follower. He does great in fights and all but if you think he spawns constant quests in Sanctuary you should see how bad is as a follower. Constant quests wherever you are!. It does skill you up pretty quick though doing them all. Looking for Strong now as a follower. I hear he is badass.

Looking for Strong now as a follower. I hear he is badass.

I keep forgetting to grab armor pieces for Strong...LoL. I saw a huge mutant breastplate for him...and I think I left it on the floor somewhere..ugh. Oh well, I'm sure I'll run across another...I haven't tried him as a follower...just want to get him gear for later.

I made Preston my follower. He does great in fights and all but if you think he spawns constant quests in Sanctuary you should see how bad is as a follower. Constant quests wherever you are!. It does skill you up pretty quick though doing them all. Looking for Strong now as a follower. I hear he is badass.

Follow a radio signal asking for help!

I just finished the Main quest last night. I have a few quests in my log I don't think I can complete now...unless there is a way to purge them..LoL.

I think they are:

Silver Shroud
Help Recon Team (talk to Paladin Danse)
and another Brotherhood one I believe..

I chose the Minutemen as my main faction. Now to finish up collecting Bobble heads and maybe a few magazines..(I think I have most of them). I have 11 Bobble heads at the moment.

I'm hoping in the upcoming content releases that they add a few more "Hot Rod" magazines...maybe with a Bright Yellow, Candy Apple Red or Green (that shark paint job doesn't count), and a nice Orange. It would also be nice if we could choose how the paint jobs look...like freshly painted or something that looks 20 years old..like they do currently..LoL.

You have a lot of work the silver shroud is fun.
That recon one is what gets you in the brotherhood the guy at the end of that quest has a unique laser if you pick pocket him or kill him

In this case, though, they could just take a list of all viable locations for the radiant quests, then "randomize" that list, and then have you run through the full list of locations before randomizing again. Doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to do.

You could even add flags for if the same one was done and triggers for what enemies move in. Like example

Pick up widgit q from location z3 then a table of enemies is referenced so on quest pickup a group of synths is spawned at that area the radiant quest log will keep that combination as having been done

Table looks like this
Qz3syn so that combo gets eliminated until all other combos are exhausted.

Not that hard... But honestly this game is a reskin of skyrim IMHO it should not have taken this long to make they should have had plenty of time for optimization polishing on the maps and features... Like making the jet pack worth while to use...without modding. Worst thing is how they ham fisted the power armors.

I get they wanted to make them actually powerful and I get they felt a limit to that power had to be. But realistically the fusion core idea is a hot mess. You can keep enough of them to use the suits indefinitely but you should not need to. The fusion cores are supposed to last centuries before the fuel is used up yet power armor can take one from 100% to 0 in 20 minutes of walking. The military would have never gone with a battle suit that preformed so poorly...

Luckily mods can fix it I have it down to 10% drain before perks...

Agreed 100%. I find myself overburdened constantly, even with a companion lugging 1/2 my stuff around. It's not like you can realistically carry even a fraction of the crap you find around, so why not make some of it weightless. The ammo is after all.

I'm also very much getting sick of Zimonja being hassled and someone being kidnapped and held in the ammo depot. Last night I got both quests 3 times. The raiders in the ammo depot were still dead for 2 of them. I just ran in and ran out with the hostage. Those radiant quests should be on-demand instead of Preston auto-issuing them.

Small gripes, but it's easy to not realize they're endless and end up at level 30 before you even start the main plot.

Up the defense of those outposts and you won't have to deal with them.
Some stuff I do:
Scrapper perk the very first thing I get.
Assign the 1st two settlers to be provisioners to link your workbenches and your "main base" where you have tons of either food / water.
As soon as you build the "attract settler" beacons, turn them off until you can build 5-6 machine gun turrets.
1 settler = 3 guard posts
You also want to have your defense rating at least 2x, better for 3x the sum of food / water, you'll have far, far fewer attacks this way.

With a melee / unarmed build by about level 20 you'll have more machine gun turrets available than you know what to do with. Less the more use upgrading guns etc. Stick to 1 type if you can, saves mats until later for turrets.

You could even add flags for if the same one was done and triggers for what enemies move in. Like example

Pick up widgit q from location z3 then a table of enemies is referenced so on quest pickup a group of synths is spawned at that area the radiant quest log will keep that combination as having been done

Table looks like this
Qz3syn so that combo gets eliminated until all other combos are exhausted.

Not that hard... But honestly this game is a reskin of skyrim IMHO it should not have taken this long to make they should have had plenty of time for optimization polishing on the maps and features... Like making the jet pack worth while to use...without modding. Worst thing is how they ham fisted the power armors.

I get they wanted to make them actually powerful and I get they felt a limit to that power had to be. But realistically the fusion core idea is a hot mess. You can keep enough of them to use the suits indefinitely but you should not need to. The fusion cores are supposed to last centuries before the fuel is used up yet power armor can take one from 100% to 0 in 20 minutes of walking. The military would have never gone with a battle suit that preformed so poorly...

Luckily mods can fix it I have it down to 10% drain before perks...

I stopped using PA about 1/3 the way through my first run. On my 2nd and I used it to kill the deathclaw in Concord then abandoned it.

Did you do all the side quests and the main...

Yes, I've done all main quests and side quests that I've discovered so far. I've invested about 72 hours into the game and discovered 313 locations (according to my Pip-Boy).

I've only worn power armor for a total of about 30 seconds even though I have something like 40 Fusion Cores. I think I'm just paranoid about over-using anything that is finite.

Back