Falling Out in VR

My problem is VR first person shooters basically being the equivalent of buying a NHL hockey game and the only way you can manipulate the puck is with your feet. Just because that's the way it's being sold, doesn't make it right. I think Fallout 4 with realistic weapon control would be amazing. Doesn't make it less fun. More immersive seems better, does it not?
Thanks for pointing out how true my statement was.

IDK no way could I get mine to fit AND they were within the size specified. Everyone suggested I buy third party lenses. I won't pay to use something that was poorly designed in first place. At least Oculus refunded Tilt Brush and Wilson's heart. That sort of tells me that they know there is a problem

IDK no way could I get mine to fit AND they were within the size specified. Everyone suggested I buy third party lenses. I won't pay to use something that was poorly designed in first place. At least Oculus refunded Tilt Brush and Wilson's heart. That sort of tells me that they know there is a problem
I put my glasses in first and then the headset. Works fine. But mostly I use my contacts. I also ordered the 3rd party lense that should be here soon. Nothing will stop me from my VR!

I use a Rift...so I won't be playing this game at any price immediately (but since I can see every location in F4 in my sleep, I'm fine with waiting, I have more VR backlog than game time lately anyhow), however on the glasses front I actually stopped wearing mine inside the rift. If you have the no-frame titanium bendy-wire frames they're so light the rift moves them all over your face when you try putting them on, it becomes a real hassle. My recommendation is to get your prescription in some very sturdy, heavy and cheap frames at as low a cost as you can find and then use a little bungie across the back of your head, its the glasses movement + HMD movement/adjustment thing that kills it for us blind-as-a-bat types.

Are you talking about the Rift here, or the Vive? The Vive is designed to work with glasses, the Rift is not. You would have to have some really over-sized glasses to not fit in the Vive.

Precisely.

That's not how things work with actual firearms. RoboRecall, whatever the hell that is seems to be anything but realistic if this is your viewpoint.

Agreed.

I understand the difference, but that tells me there is no "reality" in the VR game if that's how it works.

Um...... Have you ever played a VR shooter?

I did not see anywhere that glasses were incompatible with the Rift and why are there measurements given for glasses then?

I did not see anywhere that glasses were incompatible with the Rift and why are there measurements given for glasses then?
Because unless people actually try the unit, they have no idea. I actually got glasses that sit on the bridge of my nose so they would be more comfy when playing the Rift.
The optometrist told me I need to only wear contacts during the day and take them out at night. So when I am lazy I just wear glasses all day. But hell if I am not going to VR also. :)

Back