Facebook CEO Promises to Eat Only What He Kills

You're making some assumptions there.

Quoting from the source article -

Nope, nowhere does it say he does anything other than kill the meat, doesn't raise it, doesn't hunt it, doesn't fish it, doesn't process it.

Just kills it.

I see what he is going for in some weird way he thinks it makes him moral. It doesn't.

When he raises or hunts the animals he kills then I will respect him for killing them.

Nope, nowhere does it say he does anything other than kill the meat, doesn't raise it, doesn't hunt it, doesn't fish it, doesn't process it.

Just kills it.

I see what he is going for in some weird way he thinks it makes him moral. It doesn't.

When he raises or hunts the animals he kills then I will respect him for killing them.

Morals: Brought to you by the colors Black and White. Sponsored by the phrase "Objective Reality".

Your assumption is that he is a psycho. Without proof, I'd say that's a bit of a stretch. I also doubt he cares if any of us respect him.

The source article at least gives context to the story, rather than a sensationalist synopsis.

Good for him. It sounds like a lot of people on this forum have forgotten where their food comes from.

hire people and let them kill it for you...billionaires have way too much time on their hands. If you aren't going to process it...then you just want to kill something.

Morals: Brought to you by the colors Black and White. Sponsored by the phrase "Objective Reality".

Your assumption is that he is a psycho. Without proof, I'd say that's a bit of a stretch. I also doubt he cares if any of us respect him.

The source article at least gives context to the story, rather than a sensationalist synopsis.

Why doesn't he just quit facebook and go work in a meatpacking plant then :rolleyes:

I kind of agree with this in principle, I think everyone should at least once in their life have to kill their food. It might lead to a little better awareness of where your food comes from. Also, fresh, healthy meat is so much better than the crap you get in most supermarkets. The "always" part is a little extreme, unless you plan on raising your own stock, but at least he isn't advocating being a vegan.

Glanced at the headline, thought it said Facebook Ceo promises to only eat white kids, would of made a much more entertaining story imho.

"Messed up" or a product of necessity?

Eating meat or any animal product is not necessary for anyone. Maybe there are some rare cases, who knows for sure, but it's generally understood that there are enough alternatives to live a healthy life. Of course meat is more expensive then other foods, it pretty much always has been. Maybe when in vitro meat becomes more popular things will change for the better

Of course a pompous, arrogant, douche bag would do something like that.
Let's just say when he goes hunting and a animal over powers him, he won't have my sympathy.

Honestly, it makes sense what he's doing. I'd rather almost go to a slaughterhouse or butcher and pick a cow and go I want meat from that healthy, normal, non-crazed, non-hormone-fed looking cow. Butcher that one for me please and package it into containers.

As opposed to, 'I'd like the six peice from KFC and a 14% meat taco from Taco Bell'. Not to deglamour KFC or Taco Bell but remember those reports indicating less than 14% of taco bell meat was actual meat? At least if I picked the animal being killed, I'd know the source it came from. Killing it myself is something I'd rather not do and leave up to the butcher/slaughter house and I'd prefer not to watch the process.

Honestly though, I bet that as much as a slimeball? privacy-infringer? oddball? sociopath? of the CEO of Facebook may be, he knows a lot more about where his meat comes from than probably 98% of the forum having killed it himself.

To those suggesting using shot-cuts on a goat's head. Hmm, I love the taste of buckshot for dinner.

Have commenters on this site always been this stupid and immature or am I just getting old? Seems like I am in a perpetual facepalm pose here.

Have commenters on this site always been this stupid and immature or am I just getting old? Seems like I am in a perpetual facepalm pose here.

Considering that it's the same people acting immature on a daily basis I think it's a matter of the same disease that's been infecting every corner of the internet. Holding a meaningful discussion is impossible anymore. There's always a troll waiting to shout you down, accuse you of something, start a flame war that takes over a thread, or hijack the thread so that it becomes a religion vs science or democrat vs republican bash fest. Then the thread gets locked, forgotten, or abandoned as everyone else gets tired of wading through all the BS. I think if about 5-10 people on this message board were perma-banned the civility level would increase dramatically.

Eating meat or any animal product is not necessary for anyone.
Sure, if you want to be a rake thin girly man with no muscle tone and low testosterone.
I never trust any man who doesn't eat meat.

Honestly though, I bet that as much as a slimeball? privacy-infringer? oddball? sociopath? of the CEO of Facebook may be, he knows a lot more about where his meat comes from than probably 98% of the forum having killed it himself.

It's not a huge mystery. Beef comes from cows. I don't need to look a cow in the eye while I'm hitting it in the head with a hammer to figure that out.

To those suggesting using shot-cuts on a goat's head. Hmm, I love the taste of buckshot for dinner.

I don't eat goat heads.

Considering that it's the same people acting immature on a daily basis I think it's a matter of the same disease that's been infecting every corner of the internet. Holding a meaningful discussion is impossible anymore. There's always a troll waiting to shout you down, accuse you of something, start a flame war that takes over a thread, or hijack the thread so that it becomes a religion vs science or democrat vs republican bash fest. Then the thread gets locked, forgotten, or abandoned as everyone else gets tired of wading through all the BS. I think if about 5-10 people on this message board were perma-banned the civility level would increase dramatically.

I really thought I was the only one... Back in the day when we didnt have a fancy schmancy board and .hypothermia, and asia.... ahh those were the good old days. Nowadays comments arent much better than digg or kotaku at times..

Back