Fable III

KatalDT

2[H]4U
Playing it now - I have to say they DEFINITELY nailed the beginning this time around. The beginnings of Fable and Fable II were very lacking, had to struggle through them.

This time though - I'm into it right off the bat. No annoying 'collect 5 gold' quests.

Love it, so far.

mine is sitting in my mailbox but my villager code from amazon still hasnt arrived in my email and im not going to start till i have it.

i still need to finish new vegas on my pc so im not in a hurry

Played through the night and beat my first game (played the 'good' game). I didn't play Fable or Fable II and am curious if its possible to revitalize your society after the end credits and main story of the game. My areas are kind of depressing and would like to get it bustling. Any ideas? Just do the side missions and hope for the best? Interacting with every character is out of the question, haha.

This is coming out for PC is it not? I see it on Amazon, but I don't know if that is a mistake. I played the first on the orginal Xbox many times over, and it was a lot of fun. Didn't get to play the 2nd one, but if the 3rd one really is coming out for PC i'll be all over it. Maybe they will release the 2nd for PC eventually too?

I'm looking forward to reading more impressions. I'll probably use my 20 dollar game credit at amazon.com to order my copy, but I'm not sure when I'll start playing it. I still have a few other games I'm working on at the moment.

I NEED THIS INFORMATION. IT IS RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS.

Now, if only I had some money.

Anyone want to buy a pancreas?

Well its a story that goes like this....

I ordered halo reach from Amazon and got a 20$ off coupon which I was gonna use on fallout NV. Well I ordered fallout NV collectors. ..and well Amazon dropped the ball. I bought it locally and cancelled from Amazon...and told em I was pissed that I had to go this route. So they refunded my purchase and gave me another 20$ off on KY next purchase. So now I got fallout NV collectors and a 39$ copy of fable III collectors

Well its a story that goes like this....

I ordered halo reach from Amazon and got a 20$ off coupon which I was gonna use on fallout NV. Well I ordered fallout NV collectors. ..and well Amazon dropped the ball. I bought it locally and cancelled from Amazon...and told em I was pissed that I had to go this route. So they refunded my purchase and gave me another 20$ off on KY next purchase. So now I got fallout NV collectors and a 39$ copy of fable III collectors
Shit. I used my Reach Pre-order code on Alan Wake special edition and got it for $20.

Been playing it a few hours and love it so far. Still getting a feel for things and going about doing things.

Anyone here like that you can name your weapons (the ones you get that morph with you, that aren't sellable/tradable)? I thought it was neat , makes them feel a lot more personal to your character/story. I named my sword Excalibur and the hammer Mjollnir (after Thor's hammer), original yes :D.

Also another neat thing I found out is that NPCS, just the generic ones walking about that you can interact with? I have got quests from them, once you interact with them enough and get them to like you some give you quests (IE deliver a package, etc).

I also have to say, story wise, MAN talk about hitting you straight in the face early on, not a "simple" thing to get past and had to think out what I would do for a moment.

This is coming out for PC is it not? I see it on Amazon, but I don't know if that is a mistake. I played the first on the orginal Xbox many times over, and it was a lot of fun. Didn't get to play the 2nd one, but if the 3rd one really is coming out for PC i'll be all over it. Maybe they will release the 2nd for PC eventually too?

PC version is coming sometime next year. They delayed the PC version. Not sure if they gave a reason or any idea when its delayed until.

PC version is coming sometime next year. They delayed the PC version. Not sure if they gave a reason or any idea when its delayed until.

Next year???

Microsoft announced it was launching the new Microsoft GFWL marketplace on the 15th of Nov. and Fable 3 would be one of the buyable titles in the store, so that would peg it this year...

Next year???

Microsoft announced it was launching the new Microsoft GFWL marketplace on the 15th of Nov. and Fable 3 would be one of the buyable titles in the store, so that would peg it this year...

Really? I must've missed that they mentioned it launching with the marketplace. Cool.

PS: GfW Marketplace, not GfWL. Live is entirely different.

Been playing it a few hours and love it so far. Still getting a feel for things and going about doing things.

Anyone here like that you can name your weapons (the ones you get that morph with you, that aren't sellable/tradable)? I thought it was neat , makes them feel a lot more personal to your character/story. I named my sword Excalibur and the hammer Mjollnir (after Thor's hammer), original yes :D.

Also another neat thing I found out is that NPCS, just the generic ones walking about that you can interact with? I have got quests from them, once you interact with them enough and get them to like you some give you quests (IE deliver a package, etc).

I also have to say, story wise, MAN talk about hitting you straight in the face early on, not a "simple" thing to get past and had to think out what I would do for a moment.

sadly most of the later decisions are like 'do you want to grill baby fetuses or give money to the poor'. hrmm let me ponder that. you end up extreme good or extremely evil.

also this game runs like shit. very disappointed that it frequently grinds for no reason.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Yeah, I played for a few hours today and noticed the game running less than smoothly.

I can't wait to play this on PC and crank up the graphics. I hate jaggies.

played last night for roughly 4 hours, it has been a good experience so far. Nice story so far and it is hard to put down once you get going, its just a fun game, light hearted and some humor.

Any word on local co-op?
I think this would be a winner if I could play it with my girlfriend...

Next year???

If this is the case, I will be buying Fable 3 from the new GFW Marketplace the day it launches. I cant wait for Fable 3, but I want it on PC.

edit. The more I think about this, perhaps this is the reason it was delayed? I mean, if MS wants to give GFWM any kind of chance, it needs compelling software exclusive to it and not available on Steam right?

Any word on local co-op?
I think this would be a winner if I could play it with my girlfriend...

100% Confirmed. Keep in mind that online co op is upgraded from F2. Each user carries their own stats, and is not tethered together. Offline co op in F3 is like F2, where the two of you are on the same screen and tethered together.

Ok I've tinkered with weapon morphing, this is what I found out for those who don't want to get stuck with a design they don't like.

I see a lot of different things being talked about in regards to weapon morphing. Yes it only happens when you "lv" up your melee skill, however the morphing still works based on various things you've done, from the things you've killed, to how good/evil you are, to how generous you may be, etc.

It also works based on the weapon you are holding when you decided to upgrade the skill., which seems to be where the "Killed x" morphing comes into play.

For instance, everyone is complaining about how their weapons end up having bone handles because the Hollow men are the first things you fight? Well if you do not want a bone handle on a certain weapon, do NOT equip that weapon when you lv it up, instead equip another weapon you dont' mind that handle on.

Once yo upgrade your weapon lv, the ones which you aren't holding will morph, however it will not be based on your kills. Instead if will be based on something else.

I suggest doing what I did to find this out, when you go to upgrade your weapon in the Road to Rule, do NOT save once you do so. Upgrade your weapon and then afterwards go to the santactuary and look at your other weapons of that type (IE melee/ranged). IF you like the way the one you are holding looks then go on, however if you like the way another weapon that you WEREN'T holding looks (but want that hilt/blade on the one you are using) then simply exit out of the game through the Xbox menu (so it doesn't save after you've morphed your weapon). Then simply load the game back up, you'll be in the road to rule again prior to uprading. This time select a different weapon (of the same type you are upgrading) and it'll change the other morphs til you get that one you lilked ou of the 3 or so morphs it does to all your other weapons.

For me for example, I can choose the bone hilt (for killing hollow men), or one with a blue crystal in the hilt (for using shock a lot), or another hilt for being good to people (the kind of hilt that's bent looking). It all changes dependign on which melee weapon you're holding, but al of the morphs are still dependent on what you, the player, have been doing (IE I'd have no shock based hilt if I hadn't used it a lot, nor a "good to people" hilt had I been mean).

Hopefully once people realize how this works they'll be able to get the morphs that are more appealing to them rather then thinkign they are stuck with something they don't like.

I just wish I had known how this worked prior to uprading my ranged the first time and being stuck with the bone hilt on them :p.

If this is the case, I will be buying Fable 3 from the new GFW Marketplace the day it launches. I cant wait for Fable 3, but I want it on PC.

edit. The more I think about this, perhaps this is the reason it was delayed? I mean, if MS wants to give GFWM any kind of chance, it needs compelling software exclusive to it and not available on Steam right?

100% Confirmed. Keep in mind that online co op is upgraded from F2. Each user carries their own stats, and is not tethered together. Offline co op in F3 is like F2, where the two of you are on the same screen and tethered together.

See the only problem with that is, were slowly getting more and more programs like Steam. Meaning, I have to have Steam, Impulse, GFWL, etc. just to play my games. It would be nice if we had a master program that would implement all of them into.

See the only problem with that is, were slowly getting more and more programs like Steam. Meaning, I have to have Steam, Impulse, GFWL, etc. just to play my games. It would be nice if we had a master program that would implement all of them into.

No it wouldn't, that would do nothing to drive competition. Steam is top dog right now, the more competition it gets the cheaper games get and better the service becomes for us consumers. Vise versa.

No it wouldn't, that would do nothing to drive competition. Steam is top dog right now, the more competition it gets the cheaper games get and better the service becomes for us consumers. Vise versa.

Yea, I'm just talking about a master program that I can access, Steam, Impulse, GOG, GFWL all in one. Download the game from the respective place, pay the respective place, etc. It would probably actually help with competition. So when I start said program, it logins me into all the places, all my games are on ONE list, CC info is all stored from all stores.

I just find it annoying that I have to load and login to different applications to access my games. I meant at least back in the day with physical media you just double clicked the icon, now you have to login, etc etc.

Fable 3 isn't launching with the service. Read the announcement again. It says Fable: Lost Chapters, which is the first game. The only time they mention Fable 3 is to call it an upcoming blockbuster.

I'm trying to figure out how money my character makes personally. Is there an easy way to tell? I'm hoping it's enough to pay for my army and also keep all my promises at the same time. I had 2.5mill in my personal treasury when I became king.

Yea, I'm just talking about a master program that I can access, Steam, Impulse, GOG, GFWL all in one. Download the game from the respective place, pay the respective place, etc. It would probably actually help with competition. So when I start said program, it logins me into all the places, all my games are on ONE list, CC info is all stored from all stores.

I just find it annoying that I have to load and login to different applications to access my games. I meant at least back in the day with physical media you just double clicked the icon, now you have to login, etc etc.

Ok, that would be cool.

Fable 3 isn't launching with the service. Read the announcement again. It says Fable: Lost Chapters, which is the first game. The only time they mention Fable 3 is to call it an upcoming blockbuster.

Ok good to know, sucks having to wait longer..

ok seriously I am aware that fable 3 is supposed to be easy, however they really should have mapped a target lock or something to the shoulder buttons. or a way to look at your inventory. or a button tha males the game run faster than 12 fps in combat.

2 garbage games and people still buy the 3rd. marketing seems to work plenty fine

2 garbage games and people still buy the 3rd. marketing seems to work plenty fine

yep. This is one of those titles that really isnt good, but it had such a hype machine before the 1st one that it cant fail. I bought into the first 2, skipping this one completely.

Fable 3 really offers anything spectacular.

Garbage? The games were fun, sure they had their problems and some things didn't work as planned but the overall games were still fun to play imo.

Plus they DID offer things that still not other game really offers with the morphing system and having a character (and now weapons) that change as you progress through the game becoming more unique to you.

Obvious flame bait, so I'll just answer it with an appropriate Fable 2 expression:

Raaaaaaaaaaawr! RaRARARARARAR!!! RAA!!

Fable 1 was a good game. Had a lot going for it. So it didn't meet the hype? Oh well, still fun.

Fable 2 is terrible as a RPG, but looking at it as kind of it own little weird thing helps. Its still fun to mess around in the world and see what you can do.

I like the game a lot so far, but I really dislike the "Road to Rule". A menu would be so much easier.

The sanctuary is alright though.

sadly most of the later decisions are like 'do you want to grill baby fetuses or give money to the poor'. hrmm let me ponder that. you end up extreme good or extremely evil.

also this game runs like shit. very disappointed that it frequently grinds for no reason.

Yea the game has some major lag issues and the later decisions are kinda funny. Beat it in around 13 hours just screwing around. Been using my upgraded character to play co-op with a friend as of now. Going to go through the game again later and work on hunting down all of the gnomes and whatnot.

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[;1036346436 said:
anyone find any gold keys yet? I've found 2 doors so far and no gold key.

In the above co-op we found 1 of the 4 so far. It was at an alternate exit for one of the caves.

Is this title NOT? downloadable from xbox live?...kind of surprised.

I like the game a lot so far, but I really dislike the "Road to Rule". A menu would be so much easier.

The sanctuary is alright though.

I actually really like them both. The menu's in Fable II were so terrible, I would wait to level up until I could do multiple things and once, and I wouldnt' bother with inventory. What they came up with is innovative, and quicker and easier to use than the menus in Fable II.

I actually really like them both. The menu's in Fable II were so terrible, I would wait to level up until I could do multiple things and once, and I wouldnt' bother with inventory. What they came up with is innovative, and quicker and easier to use than the menus in Fable II.

The new system is a huge improvement but still leaves some to be desired. I wish I had a good menu system for inventory though.

The new system is a huge improvement but still leaves some to be desired. I wish I had a good menu system for inventory though.

I keep trying to tell myself that this is NOT an RPG. If you think of it as an RPG, the inventory system is lackluster. Think of the game as an action adventure game, and now you are probably looking at one of the best inventory systems in the genre. I think the way it is now is fantastic for console gamers. I do think it will be less well received when the PC version comes out.

Back