wiskeychris
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Dec 17, 2002
- Messages
- 168
I've also got the transparancy AA om supersampling. Makes a big difference.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Nuzzles said:But, I'll be another one to say the screens don't look good. But, for me, it's because they're just that, screenshots. IMHO, the game looks much better in motion.
logan1 said:
Circuitbreaker8 said:Looks like some drunk guy that ate out his girl @ the wrong time of the month![]()
Erasmus354 said:A lot of the environments reek of 8 year old poly counts (I mean look at the first picture, aren't we past the age of big rectangular railings?), however I admit the lighting in the game is spectacular, and the player models and special effects are superb as well.
Looks like some drunk guy that ate out his girl @ the wrong time of the month
Jodiuh said:How bout some retail perf pics? How are you guys doin' with settings and what not? I had to tear down all kinds of goodies to get this:
F.E.A.R settings:
1280x1024
No Anti-Aliasing
4x Anisotropic Filtering
Volumetric Lighting Medium
No Soft Shadows
Everything else Maximum
Sound Hardware Mixing, EAX 2.0, and Advanded HD
NV settings:
78.05
AA/AS app pref
High Quality
LOD Clamp
Kinda bummed I can't run AA tho ;-(
Polish Ninja said:Have you tried using 81.84 drivers?
alphaone said:Anyone else notice that the your guy in this game is freakin tall?? It looks like you're like 7'5" lol
or maybe that's how you're supposed to be... dunno, haven't gotten too far in the game yet.
eastvillager said:I'm standing at the top of a staircase.
I'm fixing those bitmaps, not sure why they're not on the site. Give me a minute or two, they're 6 meg each.
MGDMN said:Ya, I was wrong. My res is set to 1280x960. I really dont know what could be causing such a difference in results, let me run again and see what I get.
Ran it again and got Min:29 Average: 50 Maximum: 64.
Roliath said:btw everyone that is playing this game should check out 81.85 drivers!
Jodiuh said:Did you see marked improvement such as those in another thread? I believe it was wiskeychris in the thread about the 1.01 patch.
Jodiuh said:Hmm...were you still a 0/20/80 split? If you get a chance would you mind runnin' a test with the parameters I used? Specifically:
F.E.A.R settings:
1280x1024
2x Anti-Aliasing
8x Anisotropic Filtering
No Soft Shadows
Everything else Maximum
Sound Hardware Mixing, EAX 2.0, and Advanded HD
NV settings:
81.85
AA/AS app pref
High Quality
LOD Clamp

try this, new exe from secureromJodiuh said:Well, securerom's being a little #*$@#$. After patching to 1.01, I'm completely fooked. That's what I get for passin' up the dvd edition...grrrrrrrr![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Erasmus354 said:A lot of the environments reek of 8 year old poly counts (I mean look at the first picture, aren't we past the age of big rectangular railings?), however I admit the lighting in the game is spectacular, and the player models and special effects are superb as well.
anthrex said:hmmm from the looks of these pics I'm not very excited (graphically) about this game. Guess this won't be one of those games I must upgrade for.