Eyefinity on 3 - 47" !!!

is the middle monitor curved?

1 47" would be fine if not a bit of overkill...having 3 seems like a waste of space

Looks mighty impressive, but sitting that close to 1920x1080 47" he can probably count the damn pixels o.0

I thought my 3 - 27" Dell displays were the sh!t, not anymore. For racing games or flight sims that would be the best setup, but for me and WoW I like the the higher resolution monitors instead.

Those actuators on the seat that make it replicate the car's bouncing in the game are pretty awesome. I'm glad i'm not more into racing games, now that I see how much gear can be involved lol

I thought my eventual plan to go 3x32 (once the 5870s come down to earth) was overkill. This guy has one impressive setup.

The chair is awesome. Guy is a good driver too, I've played iRacing before and those cars are legit...not a game.

Looks mighty impressive, but sitting that close to 1920x1080 47" he can probably count the damn pixels o.0

I sit about that close to my 42" and it's not that bad. Sure, you sacrifice sharpness for size but it's not exactly a bad tradeoff. Especially in the case of racing games, where you aren't busy staring at the scenery anyway.

Very nice setup.

lol, that guy is living large. The size of the screens with eyefinity just engulf him all around. Night and day compared to his old setup with just one big screen it seems like. Thats like the ultimate racing setup ;)

...my wife would kill me.....

/ checks CC balance ... Damm!! not enough for 3-47's :(

I would do this if the bezels weren't so large. I'll probably end up just using my 46in until I graduate (RN) as it is 1080p which will allow my current system to remain viable for these next couple of years.

However, I am highly considering 3 projectors and 3 screens for a seamless eyefinity-esque (who knows what will be available in a couple) solution. Hopefully they will have reasonable 1080< res projectors at that time. 500 inches of seamless eyefinity goodness ;), gives me a hard on just thinking about it

regarding the chair, you have to go through his YT videos

I've seen him post comments about it at times

Last edited:
He's running one 5870 and a i5 at 3.8ghz. Imagine if this guy gets his hands on 3 of LG's new bezel-less TV's.

Who manufactures that chair? I remember seeing a vendor at the PIR Historic Races back in 2008 selling a similar setup, but I never caught their name.

FYI, 1920x1080 is still 1920x1080 even when its stretched over 47 inches - in other words, 3x24" (1920x1200) is *more* demanding than 3x47" (1920x1080).

i get what u mean but still one 5870 would still be on its heels if he was to play NFS:S at that res 24" 1080 or not u wouldnt notice a big difference...

Calm down everyone, Eyefinity is a gimmick. 2 x 4890s would give better performance and value.

man when I read the post I was like oh what an idiot, why oh why, but when I clicked the link, I was pretty damn impresssed, certainely a job well done, if I had the cash I would do the same, but I got my 3rd 23 inch monitor coming next week and I will have eyefinity I can [H]ard-ly wait, I sold my lp 2475 to my brother for photoshop what not and for another 60 bucks I got three gateway 23inch FHX2300 displays, and with bing cash back they cost 160 each. displays are pretty damn good for the money. just need to save up for another hd 5870.

i get what u mean but still one 5870 would still be on its heels if he was to play NFS:S at that res 24" 1080 or not u wouldnt notice a big difference...

I've played NFS:S on my 3x24" setup at 5760x1200 with a single 5850 without issue...

Back