Experts Warn Internet Is Running Out of Bandwidth

:)Hey Experts.... I'm downloading James Bonds box set Blu-ray , all 1.5TB's worth ... can ya feel the internet slow down. :)

Running out of Internet bandwidth is like a guy running out of times he can have sex. Neither will ever happen unless there's severe damage or death.

:)Hey Experts.... I'm downloading James Bonds box set Blu-ray , all 1.5TB's worth ... can ya feel the internet slow down. :)

Uh... Hope you paid for that.
thumb.gif

Of course the Internet is running out of bandwidth, it always is. Fortunately more can be added any time. Kinda the reason we're always running out but never seem to quite make it.

let me guess, these 'experts' work for major ISP's who want to further charge us for bandwidth? costs them about 5 cents/GB but lets charge the customer $2!

I should be illegal to create fake news to manipulate people like that.

Just more BS, being spewed out so that the telcos/isp's can more easily enforce caps and spend as little as possible on infrastructure upgrades while their profits continue to rise. I am not generally for regulating them, but they are pissing me, and likely others, off to the point that we are beginning to no longer care if innovation destroying levels regulation are imposed on them. It seems lately, that the only innovations they are capable of involve caps, throttling, and billing strategies anyway.

All of this is a moot point anyway.

Everyone knows the world is going to end on December 21, 2012, so they just need to keep teh Intrawebz going until then.

Bravo the internet plumber

Hello miss. My name is Bravo and I am here to clear out your internets. And by internets, I mean I'll have sex with you.

Running out of bandwidth is a serious problem, and you all shouldn't make jokes about it. I, for one, experience severe lags, and pages that refuse to load.

Oh, nevermind, it's just my IE bitching. :p

I call bullshit.....Its just fear mongering from the same old people...

more info and links with real stats here

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/The-Exaflood-Myth-Just-Wont-Die-102202
The term "exaflood," created by the same PR tank that crafted the term "intelligent design,"
That's all I needed to hear.

Actually, I read the whole thing, of course. Companies need to upgrade their hardware to keep up and exceed demand, as they have since they invented the telephone. Nothing new here, move along.

Such a reputable news source as Fox News wouldn't dare tell us something that wasn't true.

Prepare to run out of internets chumps!

LOL I agree 100%... we at the end nothing can go faster, no new breakthoughs, etc.

BS!

I read somewhere that most of the internet bandwidth is used by spambots and such. Yet they blame people for watching stuff on youtube. Also it continues to be the US who talk about the internet apocolypse while most other nations predict internet bandwidth to increase much faster than demand. My ISP is still predicting their 1Gbit service to reach my city next year and some already have it.

this study paid for by Time Warner, Comcast, RIAA/MPAA and the Obama Administration

The problem is that information technology improves at such a rapid pace and we use larger hard drives and transfer more and more data every year, but we can't upgrade the entire network infrastructure all the time because of the cost. The solution is to make a huge investment once so we have our networking needs covered for as long as possible. (1gbit connections for everyone, oh yeah!)

Then the so called "Experts" should stop using the Internet and invent something to fix the problem if they're geniuses they say they are.;)

Heh, running out of bandwidth, now that is funny.

Thanks for the early morning comedy relief Steve :)

Back in 1996 People said the Internet was running out of IP addresses.

By 1999 we were running out of bandwidth and all URLs are taken IN the middle, 97, 2000, 2002 they said other things were running out. Give me a break.

Actually, we did run out of IPV4 addresses. It is shit hard to get them compared to the 1996 days.

I have to fill out forms to order a prefix of /24 so I can justify the need and I have to prove that I will use 50% in less than 3 months and the rest in about 6 months. I also have to pay a boat load of money per year to maintain them.

Back in the day I could ask "I'd like 12,000 addresses" and the response would be "here ya go"

Perhaps the infrasturcture needs to be improved then. No, that would be too easy to think of something like that. :rolleyes:

I read somewhere that most of the internet bandwidth is used by spambots and such. Yet they blame people for watching stuff on youtube. Also it continues to be the US who talk about the internet apocolypse while most other nations predict internet bandwidth to increase much faster than demand. My ISP is still predicting their 1Gbit service to reach my city next year and some already have it.

Well this is typical of most issues now. The powers that be don't want to tackle to real problem. Do something on the isp end that blocks all the BS traffic before it is sent on. Instead of blocking BS traffic on the recievers end, if the ISP could block it before it was sentto another provider or recipient, wouldn't that help?

I wouldnt' be surprised if the ISP's are in on some of the spam schemes, when you consider how much money there is in it.

Actually, we did run out of IPV4 addresses. It is shit hard to get them compared to the 1996 days.

I have to fill out forms to order a prefix of /24 so I can justify the need and I have to prove that I will use 50% in less than 3 months and the rest in about 6 months. I also have to pay a boat load of money per year to maintain them.

Back in the day I could ask "I'd like 12,000 addresses" and the response would be "here ya go"

I didn't quite all three articles to mean none of it was true, more to the point we have an issue, and new technology comes up to extend the Internet. Bandwidth is one of them. Oh no we are getting more data than a strand of Fiber can handle?!? Ok, here is a bundle of 20k fiber pairs, and lets run 64 different wavelengths through it at once while we are at it.

Oh your running out of IPv4? Here's IPv6 with 10^24 more addresses..

Oh, storage is a problem, we we don't have 120mb drives anymore, try 1.5Tb.

And don't get me started about the 15000 bird flu cases and 500 deaths in Mexico CNN was just talking about... WHO/CDC says 331 cases and 10 deaths, 3 of which had other complications (one had two forms of cancer and AIDS.). So if you have Advanced HIV/AIDS then H1N1 is a problem. otherwise it's just 'the flu'.

And don't get me started about the 15000 bird flu cases and 500 deaths in Mexico CNN was just talking about... WHO/CDC says 331 cases and 10 deaths, 3 of which had other complications (one had two forms of cancer and AIDS.). So if you have Advanced HIV/AIDS then H1N1 is a problem. otherwise it's just 'the flu'.

You weren't ridiculous until you got here.

I think you two missed the joke.
Though it was bad one. It came off a a joke about sensationalism in the media to me. You know, a much ado about nothing sort of thing.

The written and spoken word is amazing in it's ability to have different meanings when interpreted by different people.

I hear Iran has lots of Internets. Quick! Fabricate some evidence that they have functional nukes!

I wouldnt' be surprised if the ISP's are in on some of the spam schemes, when you consider how much money there is in it.

Umm ISPs don't get money from spam like the US Post Office gets money from delivering junk mail, junk mail keeps postage what it is, otherwise it'd be much more expensive to send stuff. Spam is simply bandwidth wasted.

GOD DAMN IT! fox-news will say anything to get attention. this company has lied more to america than George W. Bush. Real news is reported by BBC, somewhat CNN, but foxnews needs to be on Comedy Central where it belongs. Red-neck hypocrits!

GOD DAMN IT! fox-news will say anything to get attention. this company has lied more to america than George W. Bush. Real news is reported by BBC, somewhat CNN, but foxnews needs to be on Comedy Central where it belongs. Red-neck hypocrits!

It ain't just FOX. BBC news, CNN, hell, even your local paper are all in the same category. News broadcasts/print are now, and have been for a while, little more than a handful of partial facts, half truths, and out right lies, tossed out there in the most sensational way possible. It has become little more than entertainment. It's all about the advertising dollars.

It seems broadcast news it to the truth, what the WWF is to wrestling, it ain't really real, but it is entertaining.

I didn't quite all three articles to mean none of it was true, more to the point we have an issue, and new technology comes up to extend the Internet. Bandwidth is one of them. Oh no we are getting more data than a strand of Fiber can handle?!? Ok, here is a bundle of 20k fiber pairs, and lets run 64 different wavelengths through it at once while we are at it.

Oh your running out of IPv4? Here's IPv6 with 10^24 more addresses..

Oh, storage is a problem, we we don't have 120mb drives anymore, try 1.5Tb.

I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or not :confused:

ITT: Brainless MSNBCfanbois hating on Fox. Summed up half the responses in the thread.

But yeah, the article is pretty funny.

Back