EVoLVE Official Thread

Hmm....not a bad price, I wonder if it's worth it though. I bought the Tribes: Ascend pack for around $10 and never really ended up utilizing it much because the player base died out.

So far the gameplay isn't really impressing me beyond what I played in the original beta...a lot of running around in a circle and eventually just getting reamed by the monster.

I'm not sure we can really judge the longevity at this point because there are tons of new players which leads to the boring 20 minute monster chase. I think once we hit level 20 and unlock the ranked playlist that it will be a whole new game.

I was paired up with 3 other good hunters and a good monster last night and had 3 close matches filled with non-stop action.

I'm not sure we can really judge the longevity at this point because there are tons of new players which leads to the boring 20 minute monster chase. I think once we hit level 20 and unlock the ranked playlist that it will be a whole new game...

with the changes that Turtle Rock made to the gameplay there are no more 20 minute long chases...I like the game a lot but I hate some of the new changes- sneaking as the Monster is pretty much useless now because of that new planet tracking tool...no point in trying to hide as the Hunters will pretty much always know where you are...giving every Hunter the ability to Dome is also corny...and I hate the new drop ship timer...were the Hunters getting their ass kicked too much in the original version?...seems like the Monster is always at a disadvantage now (against skilled players)

with the changes that Turtle Rock made to the gameplay there are no more 20 minute long chases...I like the game a lot but I hate some of the new changes- sneaking as the Monster is pretty much useless now because of that new planet tracking tool...no point in trying to hide as the Hunters will pretty much always know where you are...giving every Hunter the ability to Dome is also corny...and I hate the new drop ship timer...were the Hunters getting their ass kicked too much in the original version?...seems like the Monster is always at a disadvantage now (against skilled players)

Yeah if you get stuck in a lobby with a bunch of new players as hunters and a vet monster then the game turns into a 20 minute chase.

hunters need nerfs, yes, particularly griffin and sunny. i would kill myself if i had to play monster against my griffin. i basically single-handedly ended some guy's level 30+ 29 win streak kraken with a bunch of new players by making it so he literally could not move.
Yeah if you get stuck in a lobby with a bunch of new players as hunters and a vet monster then the game turns into a 20 minute chase.

uh no, a bunch of new hunters will die at stage 1 or 2 against a good monster. it takes less than 5 minutes to get stage 2.

you always get matched to people close to your current level...so unless a Level 20 player really sucks I doubt you're going to get vets playing against newbs...as far as 20 minute chases- the changes Turtle Rock made to gameplay is obviously to force Monsters to fight more with less running around- any Hunter can dome, the new tracking tools etc

you always get matched to people close to your current level...so unless a Level 20 player really sucks I doubt you're going to get vets playing against newbs
levels don't have anything to do with skill. a veteran player could be level 5 and someone that just started playing this week could be level 15+.

levels don't have anything to do with skill. a veteran player could be level 5 and someone that just started playing this week could be level 15+.

true but I still think the higher level players are more skilled for the most part...meaning they are not newbs and understand the mechanics and gameplay much more then a Level 5 player

So what are the better assault and support hunters?

Blitz Markov & Lennox with Gold slot 3 capacity perk. You could literally watch the monster's health bar melt . Support? Sunny with Silver slot 2 & Gold slot 3 class cooldown decrease. I pretty much have constant shields with this setup. Very annoying to deal with if you're a monster

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
Blitz Markov & Lennox with Gold slot 3 capacity perk. You could literally watch the monster's health bar melt . Support? Sunny with Silver slot 2 & Gold slot 3 class cooldown decrease. I pretty much have constant shields with this setup. Very annoying to deal with if you're a monster
why would you take capacity on lennox?

Last edited:
the new dropship timer is absolutely awful...whoever thought of that needs to be fired...totally idiotic...so I kill 3 Hunters and 8 seconds later all 3 of them are back...gimme a break....this has happened to me multiple times...I'm ready to kill the final Hunter when the Hunters I just killed literally a few seconds ago all come back...and not only that but they get dropped off right next to my location...totally stupid

so the Monster has to fight around 16-20 Hunters??...c'mon Turtle Rock, there are better ways to encourage Hunters and Monsters to fight

Did that change recently? Because I played Wednesday and the timer for hunter respawn was super long.

Did that change recently? Because I played Wednesday and the timer for hunter respawn was super long.

the Monster has to keep doing certain actions to extend the timer...downing a Hunter and Evolving gives you more time (10-25 seconds)...the official Evolve website details the Dropship calculations (scroll half way down the page)

Evolve: Stage 2

been playing this a lot over the past week...I'm up to Level 25 and have 51 wins as the Kraken (Monster)

I went for it and got a Founder key. Much better experience when you actually have some different characters and perks to choose from.

Won twice against the monster tonight but I think they were inexperienced. The Elder Kraken seems kind of OP.

I went for it and got a Founder key. Much better experience when you actually have some different characters and perks to choose from

I bought the original game when it first came out so I had a lot of things unlocked...going through the grind of unlocking everything would have been annoying...all of the Monsters came unlocked (except for Gorgon) and I mostly play the Monster...I was able to use my silver keys for perk updates which cost a decent amount of points...the silver currency you win after a match is so tiny compared to what a lot of the unlocks cost that it would take a long time to get the things I wanted...the other good thing about Founder Status is that you get to play any Monster/Hunter at any time and it doesn't have to be in the current rotation

It didn't quite unlock all of the hunters and monsters it seems, but just about.

I agree totally about the perks...some of them are far too expensive, even with the 30k that Founders get you are still talking a lot of grinding to get that many keys.

It didn't quite unlock all of the hunters and monsters it seems, but just about...

for me all the Monsters except Gorgon unlocked but there are 6 Hunters that still need to be purchased with those Silver Keys (Markov unlocks after completing the tutorial)

I'm done with the game and beta isn't even over. The lack of a solid reporting tool and the rampant hacks is a little too much to bear

there's always going to be hackers on PC but I haven't heard about Evolve getting overwhelmed with them

Keep in mind it's still beta...not excusing it but, it is what it is and so far it's free with no microtransactions.

eventually they have to add microtransactions otherwise how on earth can they sustain any sort of profitable return on their investment

Yes, whole pre made teams using teleport hacks. Going in and out of a dome or pretty much aywhere without Kala.

I haven't seen that myself...I have seen some players heal more then they should or hit me with shots from really long distances but I can't tell if they're cheating or if the Hunter team is just really skilled...plus I almost always play as the Monster so I don't know a lot of the abilities of the Hunters

I hit the Level cap of 50 earlier tonight...still having fun with the game...new patch was also released today...I always hated the new dropship timer in the free-to-play version (dropship comes too quick)...looks like they changed some things...not sure if it's better or worse but at least they're tweaking it...

•We’ve done some overhauls on how the dropship works, the new functionality is listed below
◦As soon as a Hunter gets incapped, the dropship timer begins counting down.
◦Once the dropship timer hits 5 seconds, all incapped Hunters are automatically placed in the dropship to make sure all Hunters will make the drop.
◦Suicide to spawn on dropship has been removed, it is now automated

overall I'm liking the changes in this new patch (especially since they have increased some of the Monster perks and damage)...

Update 2.03 - New Dropship Features and Balance Updates - LIVE NOW

like this
I've been playing this game a ton since Stage 2 launched...it has its flaws but it's a crazy fun game...I only play as the Monster and my new favorite one is Gorgon...I have 193 wins as Gorgon...more people need to jump in and play (it's completely free!)...takes a bit to master all the different skills and perks but pretty soon you won't be able to stop...one of the best and most balanced asymmetrical games I've ever played

like this
Gave it a shot today a few matches. Can't remember how it was in the erm original beta(?) but now monsters seem paper thin and slow? I mean i couldn't outrun my hunters after the shield went down. So it was basically stay and fight a bit until your life runs down lol.

Its a great game now, it has balance issues on both sides, but its not a bad game at all, way WAY better than the original and with a good party, its excellent

I haven't played it too much but I agree that I've had some fun with it. It's not a bad game to hop on and play a match or two at a time. I usually don't have any desire to play it for a long stretch, but that's okay.

INTRODUCING: THE DEEPEST DARK (BETA).
Age Gate

At Turtle Rock Studios, co-op is core to the experiences we create. It always has been. Our studio was built with a vision for finding new ways for people to have fun and work together in games.

With Evolve Stage 2, we’ve been working alongside our community to help craft an experience based primarily on their feedback. The whole thing is one massive experiment that has seen production schedules and content launches shift based on what our players tell us is important to them. And if there’s one thing that Evolve players have made clear, it’s that they want a true co-op story experience.

So in the spirit of continuing to work together with our community, today we’re releasing our first Co-op Operation, “The Deepest Dark” (Beta). Like Stage 2 itself, this operation is an experiment, and we’re excited to hear what you think.

What is The Deepest Dark?

Unlike your typical 4v1 Hunt, The Deepest Dark is a linear 4-player co-op experience built within the Evolve universe. For now, players will access the operation as a new map variant within the Co-op vs. AI matchmaking queue, but the experience is much more than the other recently released map variants. It’s potentially the seed from which more co-op vs. AI ops (or maybe even a campaign of ops) could grow from.

At the start of the operation, the Hunters are greeted by an ominous voice setting the scene and alluding to the events that have led to the Queen of Gorgons taking over a Wraith containment facility and the surrounding area. As the team makes their way to the Queen’s lair, they’ll face hordes of infected wildlife and Gorgon minions that spawn from the Queen’s eggs. Can the Hunters survive and take down the Queen of Gorgons to uncover why she’s on Shear?

co-op was added in the patch before this...but I only play Hunt mode...the new (re-imagined) maps they are adding are pretty corny and don't fit the game (the first one was pretty good, with meteors falling from the sky)

R.I.P. Evolve. F2P couldn't save it from the 2K penny pinchers.
Turtle Rock Studios to end support for Evolve (update)

I gave the game a good 7 hours of my time :love: Doesn't mean the game won't work anymore games can go on for 5 years without a hicup maybe they can work on a Left for Dead 3 clone that doesn't have Huge monsters. It was a really good looking game though I mean I took a load of screenshots.

Back