EVoLVE Official Thread

I'm having stuttering issues while playing. Anyone else having similar issues? I just had my settings on high..

Specs in sig

I just experience weird sudden"stops" in the middle of gameplay suddenly last night a few times I could see the dips as my GPU usage went suddenly to zero. I'll take a screenshot of it next time

Only reason to bother looking at VRAM is if the game is stuttering...I had it on ultra settings last night and didn't see any stuttering on my 780ti, although I'm only at 1080p. .

Uhh...there is no "ultra" settings, it just goes to Very High

2015-02-09_00027-711x400.jpg

How long does it take to watch all of the tutorial videos?

Also, I can play offline with bots to learn the game?

I'm having this delivered today for PS4 so I was curious thanks!

Uhh...there is no "ultra" settings, it just goes to Very High

2015-02-09_00027-711x400.jpg

Ah yes, I didn't have the game in front of me and was just thinking in Crysis-style terms. Feel free to deduce that I was referring to the highest setting available.

its the retarded unlcoking system they have. Nothing stacks and you have to rank up all hunters in sequence....its the stupidest way for unlocks I have ever seen. That fact that preorder has them all unlocked just tells me that those who didnt preorder shouldnt bother with the game at all.

Oh wow. That's bullshit.

Actually pre-ordering doesn't have everything unlocked. I pre-ordered the digital deluxe and have nothing unlocked. Everyone my friends that pre-order didn't have anything unlocked. Except one that did bought the base game and we can't figure out why he got tier 2's unlocked by default.

So many bugs and stupid unlocking system.

God damn, has it come to this? We need a fucking wiki chart to decipher what version of a game gives what? My god, fuck this shit.

Why do I get the feeling this DLC orgy had very little to actually do with Turtle Rock and everything to do with 2KGames. I can't imagine Turtle Rock sat around dreaming up a grand DLC scheme when designing this game. And unfortunately Turtle Rock couldn't publicly disclose their displeasure with the situation even if they wanted to.

Regardless, I still think people are making a mountain out of a mole hill. The main, $45 game from GMG is all you need to enjoy the game. If some kiddos want to buy overpriced skins who gives a shit?

According to that chart I got punished for buying the digital deluxe from amazon and not the base game... WOW

Why do I get the feeling this DLC orgy had very little to actually do with Turtle Rock and everything to do with 2KGames. I can't imagine Turtle Rock sat around dreaming up a grand DLC scheme when designing this game. And unfortunately Turtle Rock couldn't publicly disclose their displeasure with the situation even if they wanted to.

Regardless, I still think people are making a mountain out of a mole hill. The main, $45 game from GMG is all you need to enjoy the game. If some kiddos want to buy overpriced skins who gives a shit?

The base game does not include 8 future hunters and 2 future monsters

From what I can see, you needed to pay more for all the future DLC regardless (PC Monster Race being something like $100?).

I pre-ordered from GMG at $45. Played the game the past couple of nights and it is very good, very polished, and lots of fun. There are plenty of $60 games in my Steam library that turned out to be $60 turds so I really can't say that Evolve at $45 is the crime against humanity that some of these posts would indicate.

I don't love the monetization of many aspects of the game - particularly since it is not a F2P game - but I can still play all the hunters and monsters (once unlocked). If the game continues to be fun and well supported/balanced I'll likely pony up for the DLC hunters and monsters. If they go the "release OP hunters/monsters to drive sales" route (Valve does this with TF2) I will pass and probably drop the game altogether.

None of which are done yet though. And if you preordered you get Behemoth for free. But neither the Behemoth nor additional future monster were done when the game went gold. So there are two things happening here in the pitchfork circles:

1) Some people are ranting and raving that the future hunters and monsters MUST have already been finished when the game went gold and got cut to be sold later as DLC. That's FUD.
2) Some people think all future content that is ever created, as well as all the optional skins, should be free with the purchase of the base game. That's a little more rational but we are unfortunately in a DLC driven age.

On the bright side, at least fragmentation isn't an issue - anyone with the base game will still be able to play with people with DLC. So you'll be able to play *against* DLC hunters or monsters and get a real live preview of how they look and perform, you just won't be able to play as them.

Last edited:
God damn, has it come to this? We need a fucking wiki chart to decipher what version of a game gives what? My god, fuck this shit.

Only if you want DLC. Just buy the standard copy and don't buy DLC.. its all Optional and not required.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was indeed mostly 2k Games idea, they have a history of fucking DLC'ing every little thing. Just look at the Borderlands and Civilization games for starters.

I see no need to complain when you fps is 205!!

That, is just, sooooo badass heh

lol ya getting high fps is great but when your memory usage is maxed out it causes horrible stuttering.

so all the fps means shit. i have to turn the setting down to medium just to play.

My computer is playing the game maxed out with no stuttering or visual lag. VSYNC is off and I have only noticed very minor tearing here and there in heavy action moments. My GPU is not the latest and greatest but it is powering through this without any issues. I see more tearing in CS:GO and other games than this.

As to the DLC if you dont like it dont play it and move on. I pre-ordered on Steam, I have 12 hunters and will have 4 monsters. Whoopty do. Unlocking them is easy, you simply play the game and will eventually unlock them with minimal effort. The DLC wont destroy the game play or limit who you can play with, just who you can play as. Do I like how they are doing it, not really but whatever. I like the game and enjoy playing it!

Anyone else notice some Jet Pack issues tonight? For some reason climbing walls became much more difficult. I found using shift (default monster climb key) semi fixed it but it was very weird and really annoying lol.

That is so bad........ They are trying to market something they think they have going for them.

This will help clear up some confusion [-IMG-]

:eek: Um no. I wouldn't put up with this crap even if the game was free. Think I am taking this off my wishlist and waiting at least a year 'till there's a reasonable package that actually includes the entire game.

:eek: Um no. I wouldn't put up with this crap even if the game was free. Think I am taking this off my wishlist and waiting at least a year 'till there's a reasonable package that actually includes the entire game.

I can't solve that problem

Anyone supporting this game by buying it before it is 75%+ off should have their computers taken away, do you really want to get ass raped so badly you would support a game/company that takes DLC to a whole new level? I mean holy fucking shit, do you all really want to start paying as much for games, if not more, than console owners do?

Anyone supporting this game by buying it before it is 75%+ off should have their computers taken away, do you really want to get ass raped so badly you would support a game/company that takes DLC to a whole new level? I mean holy fucking shit, do you all really want to start paying as much for games, if not more, than console owners do?

Don't fucking tell me what to do with my own personal money

fucking frightening.

Except he's got a point. Because optional content is optional. But I do love the fake outrage from people that had/have no interest in this game before they heard about the DLC controversy. The usual bandwagon bullshit, they just jump from controversy to controversy with no actual interest in the game.

Looking at the DLC options I wouldn't be surprised if this game is free to play in a year. They could give away the base game and 1 set of hunters and a monster then charge per unlock for everything else.

Except he's got a point. Because optional content is optional. But I do love the fake outrage from people that had/have no interest in this game before they heard about the DLC controversy. The usual bandwagon bullshit, they just jump from controversy to controversy with no actual interest in the game.

Original opinion: Game is a mod at best, but looks neat
Opinion at release: Game is a mod at best, but with a bunch of DLC-whoring

I didn't care about the game before because it looked light on content / depth.
I don't care about the game today because many of us turned out to be right and they had the audacity to charge extra for what might have redeemed their title as "worth the price of a full game".
I care *a little* that people are buying this trash, but what I really care about are people like you acting like its ok for companies to do shit like this. That I have a problem with, and will angrily type at my keyboard in response.

Original opinion: Game is a mod at best, but looks neat
Opinion at release: Game is a mod at best, but with a bunch of DLC-whoring

I didn't care about the game before because it looked light on content / depth.
I don't care about the game today because many of us turned out to be right and they had the audacity to charge extra for what might have redeemed their title as "worth the price of a full game".
I care *a little* that people are buying this trash, but what I really care about are people like you acting like its ok for companies to do shit like this. That I have a problem with, and will angrily type at my keyboard in response.

This!!! Tried it, didn't care for game play. Voting with my wallet, and not supporting this model.

This game is a blast, I strictly play with a group of friends and there are so many epic moments, even losing is fun. (except versus the Wraith, fuck the Wraith.)

I don't care about the skins, anyone complaining about that is a crybaby.

I really don't think anyone cares about the skins costing money. That's a given. I do think the issue is that no matter how much money you drop right now, you still don't get all the content. Season pass gets you 4 hunters.. that's it.

It's a good game, but the price model on the DLC is horrible

They should make it so the seasons pass lets you unlock skins in the game as opposed to buying them, or at least make them have a discount of like 50% or something.

Yeah right now there is currently no use for the seasons pass except for the 4 hunters which are not released yet.

Is the game fairly polished? Buggy at all?

Its very well polished. Sometimes the matchmaking can glitch and put a person from your group as a monster, that's always fun to kill your Friends. It happens but its not very common.

I have read reports though of sometimes it will allow 2 of the same hunters on a team, effectively making it 5vs1.

Other than that, the game itself plays very well and looks very good.

This!!! Tried it, didn't care for game play. Voting with my wallet, and not supporting this model.

I played Alpha and Beta and I enjoyed what I saw and played, so I bought base game with giftcard and did preorder bonus which saves me $15 for a monster and a few skins from Gamestop.

So fucking blow me.

Last edited:
To get it out of the way, yes, the DLC model for this game is the epitome of what is wrong with gaming right now.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, the game is a ton of fun to play with a group of friends. The only issue I have is that the Wraith is completely overpowered still. Unless it gets nerfed a bit, it's the only monster that you're ever going to see once people unlock it. Yes, it is that much better than the other monsters, and it's definitely a big issue for the game, IMO.

Back