EVGA SLi Mobo discussion thread. Come one, come all.

Dunno how high it'll go 1:1 -- i'd have to slow my CPU down a ton to test it and i want the CPU speed more than a 1:1 RAM ratio (i think 6.7gb/sec is enough ;))

headless said:
No go @ 1T OR 2T @ 1:1, even with voltage boosted to 3.05v, and timings loosened to 3-4-4-8

The box is remembering all of my bios settings now though, boots w/ it's beep instantly instead of pausing on boot and not remembering htt setting.

Its the board dude.. I cant run gskill tccd 1:1 for crap! Im using a divider and 2-2-2- timings till someone fixes this problem :mad:

It will boot fine 280+ and it will even say its running the speed I set it to in the bios until windows loads and it misteriously is back at stock speeds.

AMDZen said:
http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8259

Thats the biggest problem I've been experiencing with this board. Been unable to find a solution, and since there seems to be more people with this motherboard on this forum, I was wondering if anyone has seen it and can help me out. Anything you can add would be much appreciated. Thanks guys

Did you load the nf4 sata/raid drivers or whatever when you were loading the winxp install disk?

Nettwerk said:
Did you load the nf4 sata/raid drivers or whatever when you were loading the winxp install disk?

As I said in that thread, no I didn't. However it still identified the drive fine and I installed windows fine. I'm currently running windows fine as well, but its D: instead of C:

Not a big deal, but I still don't like to have everything on D: instead of C:

I assume this is because my Windows disc already loaded the SATA drivers I needed. As I understand it, Windows wouldn't have identified and thus, installed itself on my SATA drive if it didn't already have the drivers.

Nettwerk said:
U live in texas acroig?

Miami dude, where Katrina struck (as a Category 1) before it went to smash the gulf. Hope that everyone in the Texas coast is ready for Rita 'cause she'll be packin' a punch! :(

Nettwerk said:
Its the board dude.. I cant run gskill tccd 1:1 for crap! Im using a divider and 2-2-2- timings till someone fixes this problem :mad:

It will boot fine 280+ and it will even say its running the speed I set it to in the bios until windows loads and it misteriously is back at stock speeds.

Yeah, same here. My OCZ PC3200 Platinum Rev.2 1.1 TCC5 won't do 260 1:1 when it does 310 on my in-law's DFI Ultra-D. :mad:

AMDZen said:
As I said in that thread, no I didn't. However it still identified the drive fine and I installed windows fine. I'm currently running windows fine as well, but its D: instead of C:

Not a big deal, but I still don't like to have everything on D: instead of C:

I assume this is because my Windows disc already loaded the SATA drivers I needed. As I understand it, Windows wouldn't have identified and thus, installed itself on my SATA drive if it didn't already have the drivers.

well my board saw the sata drive but it wouldnt format the drive so I installed all the raid and sata drivers and unplugged every ide hd and formatted/installed it on my raptor as C:

Thats what I do on all my machines.

acroig said:
Miami dude, where Katrina struck (as a Category 1) before it went to smash the gulf. Hope that everyone in the Texas coast is ready for Rita 'cause she'll be packin' a punch! :(

Yea I live south right outside of Houston and we are going to start boarding the windows tomorrow :/

headless said:
LOL -- MyGuard is showing my CPU @ 72c under full load. I wonder what it really is...

Yeah my max load temp is actually lower when my cpu is oced to 2.7+ghz @ 1.55v (the max allowable) than at stock 2.2ghz with the default 1.4v. It seems that temperatures will change 10c on a whim if the voltage fluctautes .01-.02 at all as well. I've read that people do have accurate temps using this board though and comparing to a seperate thermal diode so I still have no idea really if the temps are really accurate or not.

Nettwerk said:

I had this same problem until I installed the Athlon 64 Windows XP driver at http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_9706,00.html

Once you install that, it will no longer default back to 5x multiplier. You can then jack with the voltage settings and other settings. Works great. I got my 3500+ overclocked to 2.6Ghz at 1.475v.

Nettwerk said:
Yea I live south right outside of Houston and we are going to start boarding the windows tomorrow :/

Good luck to you all in the Texas coast. Rita is a Category 4 (135mph winds) and looks to be headed your way. As a survivor of hurricane Andrew I STRONGLY suggest you lock your property up tight and get the f__k out of town! If you have relatives in California or a long lost girlfriend in Las Vegas go see them! Seriously. :(

peacetilence said:
Yeah my max load temp is actually lower when my cpu is oced to 2.7+ghz @ 1.55v (the max allowable) than at stock 2.2ghz with the default 1.4v. It seems that temperatures will change 10c on a whim if the voltage fluctautes .01-.02 at all as well. I've read that people do have accurate temps using this board though and comparing to a seperate thermal diode so I still have no idea really if the temps are really accurate or not.

inconsistency in the parts perhaps -- there has to be SOME reason it's being given away for free... ;)

I have some of the "old school" Kingston HyperX KHX3200/512 (not the a) BH-5 based modules in my current rig. - Has anyone tried these on this board to any success? 2-2-2-5-1T timing.

Hi, I just got my new system going last Night, I grabed ClockGen but it says system not supported whice version are you guys using ? I grab the all version one from the download section, is there a Different Version I should be grabing, I dont see this MB or Jet MB in the DL Section. Thanks for any Help you can give me.

Moto450fyz said:
Hi, I just got my new system going last Night, I grabed ClockGen but it says system not supported whice version are you guys using ? I grab the all version one from the download section, is there a Different Version I should be grabing, I dont see this MB or Jet MB in the DL Section. Thanks for any Help you can give me.

hmm I just used the latest one. maybe the mb bios update has something to do with it. HAve you updated the bios yet?

No I need to do the Flash Still, I will flash it tonight when I get Home from work as I still have a few things to work out on this MB Like my 0 raid setup and a few other things.

Moto450fyz said:

Make sure you download the NForce4 version. It works fine with the stock, shipped bios.
I think this is the one i got
http://www.cpuid.org/cg.php?cgid=NVNF4

Thats the one I grabed ,Hum something is not right, I will finish up installing more stuff tonight and try it again. This MB has more overclocking options and is way different then my other MB its a Giga-byte NForce 2 Athlon 2500 + Mobil so it going to take me a bit to figure out how to OC this new MB it was easy to do LOL :D

Moto450fyz said:
Thats the one I grabed ,Hum something is not right, I will finish up installing more stuff tonight and try it again. This MB has more overclocking options and is way different then my other MB its a Giga-byte NForce 2 Athlon 2500 + Mobil so it going to take me a bit to figure out how to OC this new MB it was easy to do LOL :D

It's extremely easy to oc with this board. I was confused about OCing A64s even after reading multiple guides but once I got into bios it was a snap. Easier then when I first OCed my 2500 mobile and much less intimidating, though that was the first time I ever really tried to OC anything. Just remember to drop the Hyperlink Transport Frequency to 800mhz if you raise the FSB higher than 200mhz. It's in a different menu than the other OC options. That's the only thing that got me and took me a while to figure out. The OC options are laid out much more simple than other boards I think (kind of idiot proof, which might be a good thing for someone like myself :D )

LOL Yea my other MB was Real Easy to OC and I think I mite be getting this concept down a little more reading this stuff, but it looks hard after only haveing a few mins to look over the BIO's on my way home from work now to try my hand at getting this thing up to speed :D

Can anyone post a link to DL My Guard, Man I dont know what Im doing wrong but no matter what I set this MB too it allways stays at 3200+ if I raise the fsb any it wont booti dont know what im doing wrong. I think im going to order some different ram I have corsair xms 3200 now but I mite grab some critical Ballistic, any help would be helpful. Thanks.........

Moto450fyz said:
Can anyone post a link to DL My Guard, Man I dont know what Im doing wrong but no matter what I set this MB too it allways stays at 3200+ if I raise the fsb any it wont booti dont know what im doing wrong. I think im going to order some different ram I have corsair xms 3200 now but I mite grab some critical Ballistic, any help would be helpful. Thanks.........

Here you go!

ftp://61.30.14.92/driver/nf4_myguard.zip

Your xms 3200 should be good up to 215-220 FSB. I used to have that RAM in my Asus NF2. :D

my xms 3200 wouldn't go above 200mhz @ 1t....ended up running @ 186mhz @ 2-2-2-5-1t. Don't be shocked if she won't boot @ 220+mhz w/ that stuff,

Thanks for the DL Link and Help this Ram Sucks it wont boot at all I have had to clear the cmos 4 times and still cant get it above 3200+ whice is what im running LOL and I cant seem to get the raid working right either I just flashed the BIO's but still my oc is not there man im confused on this thing, my other MB was so easy to do.Time for new ram too I think Critical mite a good choice for this MB I see others running it and having good luck.

Ordered some Critical Ram DDR 4000 see if that helps, I flashed my Bio's and my temps when up 3 c to 37c does MyGuard come close to the right temps ?. And if anyone has a good setup Guide to help me out it I more then thankful my new ram should be here in a few days, but i can't seem to get this thing over stock speeds of the 3200+. Call me a Dumby with this 64 AMD setup :D

Moto450fyz said:
Ordered some Critical Ram DDR 4000 see if that helps, I flashed my Bio's and my temps when up 3 c to 37c does MyGuard come close to the right temps ?. And if anyone has a good setup Guide to help me out it I more then thankful my new ram should be here in a few days, but i can't seem to get this thing over stock speeds of the 3200+. Call me a Dumby with this 64 AMD setup :D

Wait until the Crucial Ballistix gets to you. In the mean time, you could try using a memory divider to overclock. Raise the FSB to 220 and keep the RAM below that. See if that helps. Also, when you overclock above 200FSB make sure the HT is set to 800.

headless said:
my xms 3200 wouldn't go above 200mhz @ 1t....ended up running @ 186mhz @ 2-2-2-5-1t. Don't be shocked if she won't boot @ 220+mhz w/ that stuff,

Headless is right. At those timings the XMS can't go very high. Try it at relaxed timings (say 2.5-3-3-7) or use a memory divider. I'm sure mine could do 220 at relaxed timings.

HT is set 800 and I tried only going 210 and no go it seems anything over 200 locks it up, im new this this MB and im abit confused lol I tried Clockgen and cant get it to go anywhere all it does is either lock the system up or make it reboot. I was wondering if there is a cpu setting for x11, I cant see anything above x10 in mine or are there hidden bios like my Gigabyte MB has ? thanks for all you guys help too. Critical Memory on the way thank god maybe that will help, im reading like a mad man to try to get it up to speed. :D

A couple things:
Go turn your timings up in the bios. DRAM timings. Set them higher. Like, 3-3-3-3-2T. Then try booting at 210.

OR, if you want tight timings, do like i suggested (and what i did with my own machine with the same RAM you have) and set the RAM divider so the RAM runs @ 166 speeds. As you start to overclock your machine it will increase towards 200mhz. As i mentioned, i could get my XMS 3200 stable @ 2-2-2-5-1T @ 186mhz on this board. My machine would not POST at all over 200mhz with that RAM at tight timings over 200mhz.

Second -- i think you mean Crucial RAM, not Critical ;)

and last of all, read the sticky in the AMD processor forum titled "Revision E Overclock/Stepping/Week Data + General A64 OC guide by (cf)Eclipse ". It will explain exactly how to test each part of your system to find the bottlenecks. The overclocking guide begins in post #2. Stickies are at the top of the forum.

11 multipliers are only available on 3500+ and above chips. Your 3200+ only has a 10x multiplier (or lower). This is explained in the overclocking guide.

LOL no its Critical for me too get new Ram :D and yes my head is somewhere else today between work and this MB AHHHHHHHHHH Thanks for the info.

:D it was critical for me to get new RAM too...so i got some crucial advice and have the same pc-4000 i think you got. I got the pair of 1GB chips, did you also? If you take a look at my signature you'll see i was able to get the crucial chips running @ 230mhz stable with some mildly loosened timings.

No I had to get the 1 Gig version LOL, I spent way too much now My wife wants my Head, I just did a Remodel on my House so I had to spend a Little less but it should run good. :D

Rock on :) I only got the 2gb because i had lined up a sale on my old ram and wanted to have bf2 w/ high textures enabled. Not necessary IMO, yet...though i hope you got a single 1gb chip instead of 2x512...upgrading will be more difficult if you have 2x512.. many motherboards don't perform very well with 4 chips.

Has anyone gotten there memory past the 250mhz? Im running mine at 245 1:1 and Im sure my memory will go much higher but it craps out at anything higher than 248 or so. The other question is would it be faster for me to run my system at 245 1:1 2.45ghz or at 265 5:4 2.65ghz with my memory at like 216mhz?

Anycase If you are running your memory at higher than 250 please give your bios settings.

Has anyone gotten there memory past the 250mhz? Im running mine at 245 1:1 and Im sure my memory will go much higher but it craps out at anything higher than 248 or so. The other question is would it be faster for me to run my system at 245 1:1 2.45ghz or at 265 5:4 2.65ghz with my memory at like 216mhz?

Anycase If you are running your memory at higher than 250 please give your bios settings.

Back