EVGA SLi Mobo discussion thread. Come one, come all.

I tried MyGuard, but hated it..The programs far too ugly and clunky, and compared to SpeedFan not near as useful - not to mention that god-awful telephone ringing warning tone when it detects a sensor out of range (that can't be turned off!)..

SF does fan control, SMART readings/HDD temp readout, customizable temp readings (handy for the eVGA board that reads 5-15c off actual), it also does logging (missed anything important?)..It may not read voltages (on the NF41), but that's what my DMM is for, and CPU-Z if I really need to check out the vCore. About the only thing I would add to it would be temp readouts for the graphics cards (and fan control for those that can do it, ie: NOT most 7900gt's).

How about fixing this boards problems before starting on the 7900's problems?

Are they going to release the next gen of cards and forget about the 7900's problems?

yea, I haven't seen or heard anything about any more support for the NF41 about the BIOS update........

I have a SATA hard drive, does it matter which channel I use when I'm overclocking this board? Thought I read somewhere that you had to use a certain channel when your board was overclocked.

What do I have to do to get my board to OC - every time I try it screws up- on my old Asus a8v deluxe rev.2 (awesome board) I had to lock the pci/agp frequencies by changing what they were set to in order not get a failed OC. now is there something like that for this board that I missed?

TheGoat Eater said:
What do I have to do to get my board to OC - every time I try it screws up- on my old Asus a8v deluxe rev.2 (awesome board) I had to lock the pci/agp frequencies by changing what they were set to in order not get a failed OC. now is there something like that for this board that I missed?

The PCI/AGP clock is always locked on the NF41 board. So you dont need to do anything just overclock it.

its the Beta that was out a few months ago. Its now named E06

They modified the Idle Cycle Limit drop from 16 to 256. Cant remember if any other ajustement was made.Look with A64 tweaker and you will see before the update and after what exaclty changes were made.

I want to upgrade my heatsink with the XP-120 or the SI-120.

Question is does it fit our board A1 ? Do I need a backplate for both of them to mount it on our board. I know the SI-120 comes with a new K8 SM to mount the SI-120 on the board.

Any suggestions appreciated

Back