EVGA RTX 3090/3080 FTW3 Ultra conversion to Hybrid

Has anyone used one of these kits yet? Curious if I should pull the trigger for my 3090. I am having a hard time finding reviews/benchmarks of anyone before/after.

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
I did but my card ended up dying during the process, not sure what I did but the card didn't function when I was done, it also didn't function when I put the stock cooler back on.

It did look good though,
IMG_0819.JPEG

Armenius

Fully [H]
Have used the hybrid kits on two cards: a Titan X and 2080 Ti. If you were on the stock cooler I would say without a doubt to do it. The FTW3 cooler in another question, though. Looking on the EVGA forums you can probably find more feedback from users who upgraded with the FTW3 Hybrid kit. I will say to be prepared to have a lot of patience.

Finding info has been hard. I ordered it any way so we'll see. At worse the temps should be better.

kamikazi

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a Kraken G12 cooling my 1080Ti with a EVGA 240 AIO.

Here's a video of someone doing it with a 3080 with a little modding.

The G12 is around $30. I got the AIO as refurbished from ebay for less than $50. I did use a copper shim although I may have been able to get away without it. I added stick-on heatsinks to the memory and VRMs. Probably $10 there. I also bought some tiny screws to put the backplate on without the stock cooler. Not sure what may be a different issue with a 3080. 3090 would be a separate issue with memory on the back of the card, but probably no worse than stock.