Evga RMA Process.

My ten year old 560Ti just died. It's a -AR card so has the lifetime warranty. It is the first one of my -AR cards that has died on me and thus the first time I've tried their RMA process. Like the OP I was required to submit a ticket to get a service number to complete the online RMA process. Other than that couple days delay it has gone smoothly so far. I am curious what they send back.

My ten year old 560Ti just died. It's a -AR card so has the lifetime warranty. It is the first one of my -AR cards that has died on me and thus the first time I've tried their RMA process. Like the OP I was required to submit a ticket to get a service number to complete the online RMA process. Other than that couple days delay it has gone smoothly so far. I am curious what they send back.
Let us know. My guess is whatever the oldest card they have sitting around.

My guess is whatever the oldest card they have sitting around.

I was thinking the same, and anything would have been an upgrade. About 3 days after they got it I got a tracking number. It looks like they're sending me a GTX 1650 XC BLACK GAMING. No complaints here. Other than the small delay with the service number - which sounds like calling them is the way to go for that - everything went very smoothly. After my personal experience I can say their RMA process is still excellent.

hearing things like this makes me nervous since I picked up a 3080 FTW3 Ultra card yesterday at Micro Center...I still haven't opened it yet and am debating returning it...the Asus TUF card is the one I really want...

how much was it? I will buy it if you want to return it.

I ended up keeping it...I got it from my local MicroCenter for $880...with the major GPU shortage I think it's the right move to keep whatever you can get
I would of kept it. The one I got back from RMA has been solid for the past 2 months.

Reactions: maro
like this
what was wrong with the card you sent back?
My computer shut down while mining and refused to post with the GPU installed afterwards. It wasn't used much for the first week I had it. Then died after a couple hours of mining.

Older thread, but I've recently had to RMA my 3090 to EVGA. The process has been relatively painless and quick for me. I submitted the initial report (you have to file a report prior to an RMA request) last Sunday evening. I got a reply and an approval for the RMA request mid-day on Monday. I filled out the RMA form and everything was in the clear for me to ship them my card by Tuesday afternoon. I shipped them my card immediately and it arrived on Friday. Within a few hours of it being received I got a shipping notification that a new card would be arriving this coming Tuesday. That's honestly pretty damn good IMO. My only gripe is that they don't cover shipping. That isn't cheap. Especially if you pay to insure the package or tell FedEx the actual value of the card you're shipping. It's at least $50 no matter what you do or who you ship with. At least assuming you don't live near Brea and can just drop it off. I've RMA'd a half dozen game consoles, AV receivers, routers, etc. and I've never had to pay for shipping before, either.

Older thread, but I've recently had to RMA my 3090 to EVGA. The process has been relatively painless and quick for me. I submitted the initial report (you have to file a report prior to an RMA request) last Sunday evening. I got a reply and an approval for the RMA request mid-day on Monday. I filled out the RMA form and everything was in the clear for me to ship them my card by Tuesday afternoon. I shipped them my card immediately and it arrived on Friday. Within a few hours of it being received I got a shipping notification that a new card would be arriving this coming Tuesday. That's honestly pretty damn good IMO. My only gripe is that they don't cover shipping. That isn't cheap. Especially if you pay to insure the package or tell FedEx the actual value of the card you're shipping. It's at least $50 no matter what you do or who you ship with. At least assuming you don't live near Brea and can just drop it off. I've RMA'd a half dozen game consoles, AV receivers, routers, etc. and I've never had to pay for shipping before, either.
They only pay shipping if it is within 30 days of purchase.

I’ve had several 980tis die from their b stock sales. worst really is turnaround time but they’re fine to deal with.

The one I wasn’t happy about was the 980ti hybrid and they made it right. It was artifacting after a few weeks, so they RMA it. They sent the same card back with either the pump disconnected and still bad sounding like a jet engine, still artifacting, badly scratched up and the braiding on the cables all frayed (it was in near perfect condition when I got it). They claim they tested it and I told them there was no way they did because they’d have noticed immediately. Eventually they paid for the return of that and sent a new in box 1070ti.

This was my first experience having to pay shipping for an RMA. At least for consoles and AV receivers, the company has either sent me an empty box with shipping labels or they sent me the replacement and requested I mail mine back in the box it came in. Both times that happened, they wanted a credit card first...which I'm fine with as a CYA.
Anyway, my new 3090 showed up on Tuesday, so the whole process basically took a week. That's not too bad. The new card a has slightly lower OC threshold (-20 MHz to the GPU) via the PX1 scanner, but it's not like that really matters. I just hope this thing lasts for the long haul or until I decide to sell it.

I thought EVGA offered cross-shipping?...meaning they ship the replacement card first

I thought EVGA offered cross-shipping?...meaning they ship the replacement card first

They might if you pay for their upgraded RMA package or if it's within 90 days of purchase. With mine, they fired my replacement card off within a couple hours of getting my defective one - but there was no option to receive anything faster. At least not without paying for express shipping both ways out of pocket.

Did a 3080 RMA recently, I paid to ship, they paid to send back.
I did pay to have it get to them in 2 days (I'm NY), that helped my turnaround time because they accepted extremely fast and sent out replacement next day.
It was easily the fastest RMA I have ever done.

Gotta also give a shoutout for two other RMAs that I did that were insanely quick recently:
Corsair: Had a HX850 blow, they got me a replacement in 6 days. I paid to ship.
Lian Li: Galahad AIO came with a dead fan - just sent an email and they FedEx'd me a replacement in two days. They paid.

Last edited:
Back