Everything is gone again?

So how limited are the Founders Edition cards? I'm not in a rush for a new GPU, but would like one of the 3070 FE's... Can I wait a few weeks? Months?

I orderd an MSI card right at launch time when they were "in stock" after checking later, I found out I was 4th to order and they only got 2, estimated delivery is around 1 month the store guesses

So how limited are the Founders Edition cards? I'm not in a rush for a new GPU, but would like one of the 3070 FE's... Can I wait a few weeks? Months?
Just FYI, it sounds like the 3070 FE is quite loud in relation to the 3080 FE. I like the Founders cards but not sure I'd go with the 3070 version.

I do not find the 3070FE loud at all. Do you have it in an open air case?
I don't have one, just repeating what I heard in reviews. Glad to hear you're not finding it loud. I don't know if anyone has done controlled dB testing on the two cards yet, could be interesting.

LOL

You'd have to be an IDIOT to buy it at that price.
Looking at the number of sold cards on eBay, there are a LOT of idiots. It's over 5 pages of sold 3070 cards, each page with 50 listings, so that's over 250 cards. Average price is around $850, but there are some exceptions:
1604010922644.png

Looking at the number of sold cards on eBay, there are a LOT of idiots. It's over 5 pages of sold 3070 cards, each page with 50 listings, so that's over 250 cards. Average price is around $850, but there are some exceptions:
View attachment 293945
Profit of this one sale is over $400... this is probably 200ish higher than what they will settle at but still for these scalpers enough to keep them at it. Sad thing is microcenter scalpers are going to be a bigger thing.

profit.JPG

I am curious, so it seems nVidia had a lot of RTX 3070 cards today the first official day, not enough obviously, but Microcenter's getting 200+ cards at each location, from what I heard, and they didn't sell out all out once, it took till lunchtime for them to be totally sold out.

Ok ... so now what? Will nVidia have another truckload of 200+ cards shipping to Microcenter next week? Or was that their wad they blew, and now it'll just be a few cards here and there that get shipped out each week?

I hit Best Buy right as the clock turned...nothing. Tried a few minutes later & I was allowed to add to cart. Oh wait, bestbuy.com says I need to keep retrying to add to cart as an additional step. So I keep clicking add to cart over & over until I finally got an RTX 3070 Reference in cart. After 4-5 minutes of trying to checkout (my payment details are saved) and getting EVERY http error under the sun including HTTP/503, HTTP/504, HTTP/408, etc.....it was auto removed from my cart & out of stock.

FAIL. It's 2020 and large companies still don't know how to run an online shopping cart.

Edit: I figured I'd try chat. More fail:
View attachment 293839

I was able to get one from best buy around 6:03am. Once a 3080TI comes out and makes it's way into my hands Ill throw this 3070 into my work computer with my current 1080ti that is always folding@home. Newegg completely CRASHED right at 5:58am and didn't come back up until about 6:20am.

It is complete BS that it's 2020 and people can not manage online shopping carts correctly where bots can so easily take over. Best Buy is one of the few that actually worked it halfway decently. After I purchased my 3070 FE I was able to get "add to cart" on one of the ASUS cards a couple times and it was in my cart but wouldn't let me proceed as I already reached my 3070 quantity of 1 per user....

I think waiting till next year for the next form factor for mobo and DDR5 will be my deciding factor on timing. I am more GPU bound with the games I play at than CPU bound.
It's the same story next year as well, I think it's time to say rip PC gaming as a concept.

And DDR5 platforms wont arrive in 2021, it's going to turn 2022 with AMD's 18 month release cycle.

Guys I got a 3080 but by then I was addicted to the chase and I keep looking. WTF is wrong with me.

Ok confession, I got 2 and am still looking. One went to a local friend that just started a new job and can't look. It was funny b/c when we met to give him the card, there were like 5 cop cars there with lights on doing a bust. We joked that they knew about the card.

I've got a 3080 and a 3090 and I'm still looking. I only have one computer. I have a problem. Lol.

Sort of off topic but how come a brand new PS5 PlayStation 5 you can get a Best Buy for $399, which includes the AMD graphics chip inside of it of course plus all the other stuff the memory the game controller everything that comes along with the council in the box.

My point you got a whole gaming system for $400 bucks.

But high end graphics cards cost almost double that and all you get is just that one component you still need to put it inside a PC with all the other stuff memory hard drive motherboard case power supply etc

I guess my point is it is pretty amazing for 400 bucks you get a whole council gaming system and for 800 bucks you just get one video card one part to a PC gaming rig.

And I'm a PC gamer Don't even own any councils or like them but starting to think we're getting ripped off being PC guys.

Sort of off topic but how come a brand new PS5 PlayStation 5 you can get a Best Buy for $399, which includes the AMD graphics chip inside of it of course plus all the other stuff the memory the game controller everything that comes along with the council in the box.

My point you got a whole gaming system for $400 bucks.

But high end graphics cards cost almost double that and all you get is just that one component you still need to put it inside a PC with all the other stuff memory hard drive motherboard case power supply etc

I guess my point is it is pretty amazing for 400 bucks you get a whole council gaming system and for 800 bucks you just get one video card one part to a PC gaming rig.

And I'm a PC gamer Don't even own any councils or like them but starting to think we're getting ripped off being PC guys.
Because it's not a full 6800, it's a custom chip, and Sony is probably selling at a loss besides. A GPU also has additional memory, power, and i/o circuitry on a board half the size of a mb, a bunch of branding, drivers, accessories, and retail stuff ti deal with.

Bottom line, I'll be honest, I'm fucking pissed I can't buy a 3080 or 3070 now.

Has cash in hand for a month looking for a 3080 for $699 and nowhere. Sold out everywhere. Microcenter gets like 1 or 2 cards in a week, and there's losers waiting outside at 3am for the chance to get one. I'll never do that.

And now today, the 3070 sold out within hours at Microcenter. With zero info on when they expect more.

Buy online? Sold out. Most sites even say can't even back order or reserve.

And what the F is nVidia saying about all this? NOTHING. That's pretty ballsy for them to ignore this, like nothing's wrong.

And to top it off, old cards from years ago like the 2080 are selling for $800+ WTF? Thst old card should be like $300.

Makes me wanna sell my nice gaming rig and curved display, and say screw this hobby.

Bottom line, I'll be honest, I'm fucking pissed I can't buy a 3080 or 3070 now.

Has cash in hand for a month looking for a 3080 for $699 and nowhere. Sold out everywhere. Microcenter gets like 1 or 2 cards in a week, and there's losers waiting outside at 3am for the chance to get one. I'll never do that.

And now today, the 3070 sold out within hours at Microcenter. With zero info on when they expect more.

And what the F is nVidia saying about all this? NOTHING. That's pretty ballsy for them to ignore this, like nothing's wrong.

And to top it off, old cards from years ago like the 2080 are selling for $800+ WTF? Thst old card should be like $300.

Makes me wanna sell my nice gaming rig and curved display, and say screw this hobby.
Never so hard to SPEND MONEY. It is frustrating AF. I had the money ready for a 3080 or 3090. Not like my 1080ti is crap but held off on the 2000 series for something new and can't get it. Also because of POS scalpers. I could easily spend the money and buy and overpriced 3080 or 3090 but I won't enable that BS.

Never so hard to SPEND MONEY. It is frustrating AF. I had the money ready for a 3080 or 3090. Not like my 1080ti is crap but held off on the 2000 series for something new and can't get it. Also because of POS scalpers. I could easily spend the money and buy and overpriced 3080 or 3090 but I won't enable that BS.
Totally agree, I too can afford $1,000+ to spend on a new card, but no way would I ever purchase an inflated priced card from these scumbag scalpers. Hope they all get stuck with cards they can't give away next month once the 6000 Series is out.

This is the world fueled by debt and credit purchases. $500+ is not chump change for a GPU. The resellers selling for $750-$1000 is definitely not cheap. Are there suddenly THAT many people with THAT much extra income that they can pay $200+ markups on a $500+ niche product? I doubt it.

I work in the cell phone industry. We see people every day that can barely pay their bills buying $1000+ phones. They pay their bills late. They constantly need extra time to pay their bill. When they don't get it, their whole debt house of cards comes crashing down. They sometimes finance 5+ phones like this. $200+/mo in phone payments. They can't afford their bill and need help though. They probably just bought one of the RTX 3070s today with the credit they freed up with the last mortgage sized payment they made on their credit card.

This is the way now.

My local Microcenter in Cambridge Massachusetts is completely sold out. I don't think they got a lot of cards to begin with. I really expect March of 2021 to be the time when these cards will be available for everyone. Until then the demand is going to outstrip supply.

Damn impossible to buy a 3000 series card in Canada. I personally know 2 other people who have even heard of a 3080/3070.
Super frustrating, but it’s not like my 2070 Super is junk. The Radeon 6950 Toxic in my daughter’s computer is long in the tooth though and she’s set up to get the RX580 in my second system as soon as I can manage to land a new 6000 or 3000 series.
Ryzen 5000 and Radeon 6000 are going to be impossible to get too, I can feel it.

edit - damn impossible for someone who doesn’t live in the GTA next to a Canada Computers or Memory Express store and has a full time job that involves not standing in a line for a product unless it’s food and we just got nuked or something.

Scalping 3070s doesn't make sense to me. Those in the market for 3070 (like me) are there specifically for the price. Yet these scalpers think these same people are willing to pay for a 3070 at twice twice the price?!
I rather buy a 2080Ti sub $400 before paying more than $500 for a 3070. 2080Ti has 11GB.
If I can't get an AMD card at either launch, that's the route I will take.

WorldExclusive And what game needs the 11GB and can not use 8G in a 3070 which is faster over all? a 3070 can do anything a 2080Ti can do, even with 8G of vRAM? The whole 3080 10GB and people crying cause maybe 1 or 2 games might use more than that with ultra super duper OMG video settings cranked...

WorldExclusive And what game needs the 11GB and can not use 8G in a 3070 which is faster over all? a 3070 can do anything a 2080Ti can do, even with 8G of vRAM? The whole 3080 10GB and people crying cause maybe 1 or 2 games might use more than that with ultra super duper OMG video settings cranked...
There is a bit of speculation, but at first look in some game the gap between the 2080TI and the 3070 get larger (in favor of the TI) in 4K vs the previous resolution and those game seem to be high VRAM game like Flight Simulator, showing that it could be a limit if someone has 4K in mind, that and this generation of console having around 10 gig of "vram" make it normal to be hesitant about if 8gig would be enough in 2022.

If someone has 1440p in mind I am not so sure how true it is (that could depend with how much RTX can make use of it and what not in the future)

At the same price/warranty purely for gaming a 2080TI instead of a 3070 could make sense for many and without a warranty and a lower price but not necessarily that much (and considering tax versus no tax).

My statement was based on NOT finding any 3070s for sale. I will not pay $50 more for a fancy cooler or money to scalpers.
The higher GB count for less money is a bonus, not a deciding factor.
There's nothing the 3070 can do over the 2080Ti. Faster overall means it still loses in certain games, it's a wash.

But anyway, if a higher number printed on a card makes you happier, go for it.

Damn impossible to buy a 3000 series card in Canada. I personally know 2 other people who have even heard of a 3080/3070.
Super frustrating, but it’s not like my 2070 Super is junk. The Radeon 6950 Toxic in my daughter’s computer is long in the tooth though and she’s set up to get the RX580 in my second system as soon as I can manage to land a new 6000 or 3000 series.
Ryzen 5000 and Radeon 6000 are going to be impossible to get too, I can feel it.

edit - damn impossible for someone who doesn’t live in the GTA next to a Canada Computers or Memory Express store and has a full time job that involves not standing in a line for a product unless it’s food and we just got nuked or something.
Yeah I have a 2070 super and am in the step up queue for a 3080. So I really am just going to wait. Nothing I can't play right now that needs a 3080 other than for the sake of having extra fps.

You need to go over to FPS Review and read the Watch Dogs new review.
The game needed over 8 GB of memory to run all the features.
Sure it's one game, but it has all the bells and whistles.
I think the 3080 with 10 GB isn't going to be enough soon.
Thats where the new AMD stuff is going to be the schizzle.

I'm sure on 18 NOV there won't be an AMD card left standing.

I'm planning on Feb 2021 before you can pick and choose a new GPU for your gaming.

You need to go over to FPS Review and read the Watch Dogs new review.
The game needed over 8 GB of memory to run all the features.
Sure it's one game, but it has all the bells and whistles.
I think the 3080 with 10 GB isn't going to be enough soon.
Thats where the new AMD stuff is going to be the schizzle.

I'm sure on 18 NOV there won't be an AMD card left standing.

I'm planning on Feb 2021 before you can pick and choose a new GPU for your gaming.
Not even all the features, he didn't even try to squeeze the HD texture pack and a couple more detail sliders as it was already past the available memory.

My statement was based on NOT finding any 3070s for sale. I will not pay $50 more for a fancy cooler or money to scalpers.
The higher GB count for less money is a bonus, not a deciding factor.
There's nothing the 3070 can do over the 2080Ti. Faster overall means it still loses in certain games, it's a wash.

But anyway, if a higher number printed on a card makes you happier, go for it.
Go for it? We will. I still purchased my 3070 for less than a used 2080ti so it's NOT a "wash."

2080 Ti is still beating or equalling 3070 FE in many games:

I don't think that's the point. The point is that a purportedly cheap card (offered for sale at a considerably lower price, not the BS EBay Shenanigans Nvidia has forced on us) gets roughly the same performance as the preceding gen's best.

Sure, if you have a Ti, don't waste money grabbing a 3070 to replace it (unless you want some of its other features). But for folks who skipped last gen, going 3070 (snark) is a better proposition than getting a Ti.

I don't think that's the point. The point is that a purportedly cheap card (offered for sale at a considerably lower price, not the BS EBay Shenanigans Nvidia has forced on us) gets roughly the same performance as the preceding gen's best.

Sure, if you have a Ti, don't waste money grabbing a 3070 to replace it (unless you want some of its other features). But for folks who skipped last gen, going 3070 (snark) is a better proposition than getting a Ti.

Exactly, plus you also get a lower power draw.

The 3070 looks to be way easier to get than the 3080. I ordered just the first one that I could find last night, then just stumbled on one in the style that I wanted this morning.

But downgrading from 1080 Ti 11GB to 8GB memory isn't a good proposition
Going from 11gb to 10gb isn't either. A 10gb card will basically be limited to next gen console graphics, if games are using 10gb plus for the next gen consoles one is not going to improve the graphics with a 10gb card in general. Nvidia makes sure there is obsolescence built in. 12gb would be better if one upgrades generation to generation but still that to me would be the low side. 16gb is probably slightly overkill but one will not have to worry about games running out of vram probably for 3-5 years.

But downgrading from 1080 Ti 11GB to 8GB memory isn't a good proposition

Sure it is. You're getting a significantly faster GPU compared to a 1080Ti.

The 2080Ti is slightly different, but I don't think I'd go out and buy a used 2080Ti unless it was significantly cheaper than a 3070 (like $450 or less). Otherwise, the newer architecture and lower power draw would probably win out over the slightly extra memory in most cases.

Back