Everything is gone again?

jarablue

[H]ard|Gawd
Did I miss anything? Is nV and AMD completely wiped out?

I really should invest in a bot at this point.

lol everyone is using Bestbuy.com chat because they do not want to call.

Go AMD! Wonder what nV is going to say this time...but but the dog ate the pallets we really meant to ship out. It's all good. I am not trying to buy one. Just eating the popcorn watching the show. I can't even pull up microcenters website.

Ebay pretty much tells you where the stock is going... tons of preorders being scalped.

I hit Best Buy right as the clock turned...nothing. Tried a few minutes later & I was allowed to add to cart. Oh wait, bestbuy.com says I need to keep retrying to add to cart as an additional step. So I keep clicking add to cart over & over until I finally got an RTX 3070 Reference in cart. After 4-5 minutes of trying to checkout (my payment details are saved) and getting EVERY http error under the sun including HTTP/503, HTTP/504, HTTP/408, etc.....it was auto removed from my cart & out of stock.

FAIL. It's 2020 and large companies still don't know how to run an online shopping cart.

Edit: I figured I'd try chat. More fail:
1603987609686.png

Last edited:
THis really is unreal, all 3070's out of stock the first morning they officially went on sale. WTF?

AMD please be the savior next month with actual cards in stock

I hit Best Buy right as the clock turned...nothing. Tried a few minutes later & I was allowed to add to cart. Oh wait, bestbuy.com says I need to keep retrying to add to cart as an additional step. So I keep clicking add to cart over & over until I finally got an RTX 3070 Reference in cart. After 4-5 minutes of trying to checkout (my payment details are saved) and getting EVERY http error under the sun including HTTP/503, HTTP/504, HTTP/408, etc.....it was auto removed from my cart & out of stock.

FAIL. It's 2020 and large companies still don't know how to run an online shopping cart.

I had it in my cart only to be told that they wouldn't ship it to me and that no store within 250 miles of me had one available. If you have enough stock to allow me to add it to cart, ship the damn card.

THis really is unreal, all 3070's out of stock the first morning they officially went on sale. WTF?

AMD please be the savior next month with actual cards in stock
If you think AMD will be much better supply wise on launch day I think you’re going to be in for a rude awakening. Even if they have plenty more stock, they now also have to satiate many customers who were originally intending to buy Ampere cards.

AMD cards will sell out within minutes as well. But should hopefully be able to resupply much better than Nvidia has.

We will see next week what they do with the AMD Cpu's. I hope they don't expand into that market.

We will see next week what they do with the AMD Cpu's. I hope they don't expand into that market.
I believe the 10900K was already being scalped. So I wouldn’t be surprised if Zen 3 CPUs will be as well. But I hope not as I’m aiming to pick up a 5900X!

I believe the 10900K was already being scalped. So I wouldn’t be surprised if Zen 3 CPUs will be as well. But I hope not as I’m aiming to pick up a 5900X!
I'm highly interested in Zen3, I'm not to my upgrade point in my cycle but this 8700 just doesn't hold my interest after seeing the initial launch. Those benches may have me step out and get one.

I doubt I can get a launch 5900 CPU. I think waiting till next year for the next form factor for mobo and DDR5 will be my deciding factor on timing. I am more GPU bound with the games I play at than CPU bound.

If you think AMD will be much better supply wise on launch day I think you’re going to be in for a rude awakening. Even if they have plenty more stock, they now also have to satiate many customers who were originally intending to buy Ampere cards.

AMD cards will sell out within minutes as well. But should hopefully be able to resupply much better than Nvidia has.
I think this is going to be the case. Even if it's AMD branded, they still need to sell through the same reseller channels. These are the same channels that can't figure out how to combat bots. The only hope is that after market supply of next gen cards are so saturated that the scalpers move on to something else due to high supply and not enough demand.

Reactions: Epos7
like this
Sell only on the shelf, one per customer, no more than two per credit card. Wonder what AMD is going to do on crunch day with their store? I rather go in store like BestBuy, pick one from the shelf, walk out with it, if there is a problem I go back in and return either to trade it or get my money back. Well hopefully since Nvidia did not make that many cards, this will give AMD full resources for chokes, resistors, capacitors, moss and everything else to make a card in numbers.

Sell only on the shelf, one per customer, no more than two per credit card. Wonder what AMD is going to do on crunch day with their store? I rather go in store like BestBuy, pick one from the shelf, walk out with it, if there is a problem I go back in and return either to trade it or get my money back. Well hopefully since Nvidia did not make that many cards, this will give AMD full resources for chokes, resistors, capacitors, moss and everything else to make a card in numbers.
Honestly, I feel like they should make a new store purchase page for these releases if they really want to combat this.

Or build in more captcha like devices, design new captcha devices that haven't been seen before for release. That should tremendously slow down bot purchases. Think maybe a 10-30 second logic game.

Honestly, I feel like they should make a new store purchase page for these releases if they really want to combat this.

Or build in more captcha like devices, design new captcha devices that haven't been seen before for release. That should tremendously slow down bot purchases. Think maybe a 10-30 second logic game.
Yes, like which one is a curved line, box, oval, box filled with water, click on moving dot when it goes over a circle (random choice of shapes), make shapes that flow into each other like connected yet for humans we see it immediately. A lot of captcha are the same damn pictures and solutions over and over again.

And the year of many enthusiasts throwing in the towel and finding other hobbies.
na, got to feed that addiction, withdrawal pains are more intense, maybe main reason you hear all the whining. Once that shinny new RTX 3800 arrives on the door step, all love, songs of joy issues forth towards Jensen, all forgiven and so sorry for any doubt, please forgive me.

Last edited:
Guys I got a 3080 but by then I was addicted to the chase and I keep looking. WTF is wrong with me.

Ok confession, I got 2 and am still looking. One went to a local friend that just started a new job and can't look. It was funny b/c when we met to give him the card, there were like 5 cop cars there with lights on doing a bust. We joked that they knew about the card.

I don't think retailers have a whole lot of incentive to combat scalpers. I don't know a ton about the sneaker industry, but it sounds like it's the manufacturers that have needed to step up to combat scalpers. AMD can't really do anything different than Nvidia, because they're selling through the same channels.

Best Buy/Newegg/Microcenter all make the same profit if the buyer is a scalper as if they're not. Google's newest reCAPTCHA (v3) doesn't even have images to click. It monitors the client behavior to determine if they're human or a bot. But scalpers have figured out how to beat that. Best Buy et all don't have the development resources of Google, nor the monetary incentive to stop scalpers.

I don't think retailers have a whole lot of incentive to combat scalpers. I don't know a ton about the sneaker industry, but it sounds like it's the manufacturers that have needed to step up to combat scalpers. AMD can't really do anything different than Nvidia, because they're selling through the same channels.

Best Buy/Newegg/Microcenter all make the same profit if the buyer is a scalper as if they're not. Google's newest reCAPTCHA (v3) doesn't even have images to click. It monitors the client behavior to determine if they're human or a bot. But scalpers have figured out how to beat that. Best Buy et all don't have the development resources of Google, nor the monetary incentive to stop scalpers.
The sneaker industry sucks too. If there's money to be had, the bots/scalpers will follow.

One incentive that is there, the scalpers will only buy the cards on your platform, if instead each card is bought one by one by regular customer with no pressure to act fast that make people that will possibly buy you high margin items at the same time, fancy HDMI 2.1 cable for that card for example, maybe they will choose your store for the TV/monitor for that new card, at the same moment or later on.

Being the place (specially when they have some exclusive deal like Best Buy in Canada) would bring a lot of clients use to amazon/newegg to buy at bestbuy for black friday/christmas if they have a good experience, I am not sure that short term/long term that they make the same profit from a scalper vs a regular buyer, specially if the scalper make it so that the regular buyer has less money to go buy a 4K Oled this black friday or the new CPUs/Ram combo to go with is video card because of the surcharge.

It is maybe way more true in person than online, but especially if they are sure to sell all of them anyway, seem that if they could easily get rid of the scalpers they would.

Are those price USD ? Is there really a big market for people buying 3070 at above 3080 future price ?

Are those price USD ? Is there really a big market for people buying 3070 at above 3080 future price ?
I don't really see this as the card to scalp. It's more or less a midrange card. I don't see people lining up to pay top dollar for 3rd string, When a 2080 ti is the same speed. Also with AMD's 6800 being 15-20% faster. I would think they will be sitting on these.

Its the fault of the people buying them for those prices,, simple supply and demand, no demand, no supply needed, not scalping happening..but people "need" to think their e-peen is bigger than everyone else on launch day to feel warm and fuzzy inside...

And the year of many enthusiasts throwing in the towel and finding other hobbies.

Lots of 2080TIs and the like out there. All of them still run games just fine - the 30XX series is awesome, but it's not like there's something out that DOESN'T run on the 20XX series... or even the 10XX series. I'm honestly debating forgetting about it for now, my 2080TI is working just fine.

Its the fault of the people buying them for those prices,, simple supply and demand, no demand, no supply needed, not scalping happening..but people "need" to think their e-peen is bigger than everyone else on launch day to feel warm and fuzzy inside...
What e-peen is there to have for a mod range card. I got a 1080ti and would never envy someone with a 3070. Granted I am ready to plop down up to $1500 for a card atm.

Scalping 3070s doesn't make sense to me. Those in the market for 3070 (like me) are there specifically for the price. Yet these scalpers think these same people are willing to pay for a 3070 at twice twice the price?!
I guess? Their other choice is $1500 3080s. It is dumb and hope scalpers get stuck with them and have to sell at a loss.

I don't really see this as the card to scalp. It's more or less a midrange card. I don't see people lining up to pay top dollar for 3rd string, When a 2080 ti is the same speed. Also with AMD's 6800 being 15-20% faster. I would think they will be sitting on these.
Specially if this is generally true accross the board:
https://profit-mine.com/tools/gpuprofitability

I.e. 5700xt is better than a 3070 for much cheaper and easy to find for crypto.

eBay 3070s are going for a 200-300 markup only. 3080s are down to 1200 or so.

I was able to pick up a 3070FE at Microcenter.

It replaced my RX580. While I am not happy with $499, I can at least say I got almost 2080ti performance

Back