Everex XT5000T Support thread

here goes a lengthy post lol. told you they were fuzzy, ask me about whatever part of it, I'm sure i'm a guru by now....

PICT0026.jpg

PICT0025.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

PICT0023.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

PICT0021.jpg

PICT0020.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

PICT0017.jpg

PICT0016.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0013.jpg

AGAIN....sorry theyre so fuzzy. I didnt realize my camera sucked until AFTER the laptop broke, lol

B34ST1Y,

I took a pic of my laptop at bottom with open cover few month ago, I notice there small dip switch with 4 white adjustable ? I wonder if you seen it before.

look at red arrow on pic below

EVEREX Stepnote XT5000T motherboard, numbers on part include XTB70 Ver. 0.3, supports AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual Core processors only at http://www.laptoprepairco.com/itemd...829;♥♥♥2672&category=boards
Product Condition: This is a new pulled item, PRODUCT IN STOCK Price: $249.00

I wonder what Ver.03 fixed new revision board ? Mine now show Rev.01 use Cpu-z.

phatbx133

can it cause permanent damage to toggle the switches on the dip switch? if not, try different combinations and see what happens?

there's no way on EARTH i'm gonna take ANY chances with my laptop. I think i've scapegoated enough for the community. I almost completely LOST my laptop to this cause...and I think my pictures are good enough for everyone. :-P

SOMEONE FLIP THE DIP SWITCHES!

Hi,Most motherboards I've encoutered, again we are talking desktop MB's, have some indication of what the dip's do. By just removing the cover I can see none. If they are voltage control dip's they can cause alot of damage. They though are apprently for something as they are in a position apparently intended for user access.

EDIT, I'm REV 0.1 on the main board as well.......

Probably the only way you'll know for sure what they do is to find tech data on this mobo, or another similar to it. I doubt if you send an email to tech support they'll have any idea.

*but* they really cant tell if your mobo is fried because of voltage surging caused by a dipswitch, OR perhaps someone purchased the accidental damage plan from their warranty vendor....and "spilt water on it"

;) CMON SOMEBODY GROW SOME!

Just curious if anyone had there orginal 1 gig stick for there xt5000t they would be willing to sell at a reasonable price. Please send private message. I can do paypall or whatever is easist. Looking to upgrade my machine to 2 gigs. Great machine.

Thanks,

JoltX

Just curious if anyone had there orginal 1 gig stick for there xt5000t they would be willing to sell at a reasonable price. Please send private message. I can do paypall or whatever is easist. Looking to upgrade my machine to 2 gigs. Great machine.

Thanks,

JoltX

ebay is your friend bro...

Hey guys,

I am currently looking for a relatively inexpensive cooling pad for the XT500T, do you guys have any suggestions. I am thinking about picking this one up:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834996501

Newegg currently has this out of stock. So do you guys have any other suggestions for cooling pads or other ideas to cool this beast ( I am not talking about using RMClock to reduce voltage or anything). I really don't want to take apart the laptop to do "mods" to cool this thing. Thanks. :)

Hey guys,

I am currently looking for a relatively inexpensive cooling pad for the XT500T, do you guys have any suggestions. I am thinking about picking this one up:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834996501

Newegg currently has this out of stock. So do you guys have any other suggestions for cooling pads or other ideas to cool this beast ( I am not talking about using RMClock to reduce voltage or anything). I really don't want to take apart the laptop to do "mods" to cool this thing. Thanks. :)

looks ok, buy it. see if you like it.

hey, flip those dipswitches too! ;D

http://www.everexforum.com/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=5700#p1

I am waiting for Tech support respond back to me to see if they are indeed dip switch.

I was hope those dip switch for...

1. change vid volt (forget about RMclock for sake.)

2. increase temp to prevent throttle problem ( need hard-code bios ?)

3. could be anything...I could not think of what dip switch for :confused: ?

NO, I am not going messed with my laptop MOFO !!!..:mad:

Hey B34ST1Y, why not you can try flip switch ? since you already take aparts right there. ;)

phatbx133

phat, if you knew the hell I already went through to get those pictures, I'd say quiet down. Just dig up what you can guys I'm really anxious to learn what the dip switch does

Guys,

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15649

This version now final work with XT5000T and pic is below...

just thought if you want know what spec for go 7600.

This remind me old 6800LE to Ultra video card "enabled 12/5 to 16/6 vp) I still have Pny 6800 128MB bought on Black Friday for less 200 bucks while ago.

Not Recommend GPU overclock because of 80nm and 100mm is too hot and possible burn it up.

phatbx133

why not use rivatuner and romstrap it to a 7650gs? I did it....got a NICE gain in fps from it.

why not use rivatuner and romstrap it to a 7650gs? I did it....got a NICE gain in fps from it.
PM me your aim/msn. I wanna talk to you,maybe theres some stuff you can teach me :D Also yeah, guys leave him alone. He already practically tore his laptop arpart for all of you guys to look at most of the inside.

B34ST1Y said:

Oh, please do tell !!!!!
How did you do it ???
Is it real ???
Come on !!!

Ok i'm not gonna like write up a paper on how to do this....but essentially....

just download a program called "rivatuner" and read the tutorial on how to do something called a "romstrap"

romstrap it to a geforce, and reboot. You *may* get a BSOD only ***1*** time because of an alleged hardware change, reboot and install the new drivers for it, and possibly the nforce drivers as well...VIOLA! :D

see we're basically masking our own ROM on top of the 7600 ROM to make the computer think it's dealing with something else. Also, these cards are pretty overclockable, and you can get about 10-15% increase in fps just from an overclock, and it'll stay stable! just use RM clock to keep the CPU temps down...

Ok i'm not gonna like write up a paper on how to do this....but essentially....

just download a program called "rivatuner" and read the tutorial on how to do something called a "romstrap"

romstrap it to a geforce, and reboot. You *may* get a BSOD only ***1*** time because of an alleged hardware change, reboot and install the new drivers for it, and possibly the nforce drivers as well...VIOLA! :D

see we're basically masking our own ROM on top of the 7600 ROM to make the computer think it's dealing with something else. Also, these cards are pretty overclockable, and you can get about 10-15% increase in fps just from an overclock, and it'll stay stable! just use RM clock to keep the CPU temps down...

I did this awhile back when I first got the laptop. Not only do you have problems with drivers but even after I got everything installed and running I didn't notice ANY difference in performance. NONE. Nada. Zilch. So if you prefer having a Geforce 7650 GS video card instead of a Geforce Go 7600 video card, then do it. But the card is going to perform exactly the same. It's nothing more than a name change.

actually wanker, contrary to your findings...

when I downloaded the "nvidia nforce go drivers"

www.nvidia.com

AFTER installing the forceware drivers for the card.....I got about 10-20 fps on average BETTER in my games. An overclock can also help the intermediate modder who wants that little edge they need....rivatuner works wonnnnnnders

EDIT:
--------
this is OBVIOUSLY after romstrapping to a 7650gs

ALSO one thing, as you may notice with rivatuner, and if you search far enough back in this thread.......we've talked about how this card is suspiciously identical to a 7950gs, with some intentional mutilation by the factory.....so I think this mod is completely feasible.

actually wanker, contrary to your findings...

when I downloaded the "nvidia nforce go drivers"

www.nvidia.com

AFTER installing the forceware drivers for the card.....I got about 10-20 fps on average BETTER in my games. An overclock can also help the intermediate modder who wants that little edge they need....rivatuner works wonnnnnnders

EDIT:
--------
this is OBVIOUSLY after romstrapping to a 7650gs

ALSO one thing, as you may notice with rivatuner, and if you search far enough back in this thread.......we've talked about how this card is suspiciously identical to a 7950gs, with some intentional mutilation by the factory.....so I think this mod is completely feasible.

Are you comparing the performance with the same driver version before and after the RivaTuner "mod"? Cause the performance increase you're seeing could simply be due to using a better driver. When I tested this I used the exact same driver that was modded to support both the Go 7600 and 7650GS, and I saw no difference at all in performance.

But I'm just relaying my own experience. YMMV.

Are you comparing the performance with the same driver version before and after the RivaTuner "mod"? Cause the performance increase you're seeing could simply be due to using a better driver. When I tested this I used the exact same driver that was modded to support both the Go 7600 and 7650GS, and I saw no difference at all in performance.

But I'm just relaying my own experience. YMMV.

all I know, is that when I romstrap it to a 7650gs....it requires a different driver. When I give it that driver, combined with new now-needed nforce drivers.....my fps goes up a bit

all I know, is that when I romstrap it to a 7650gs....it requires a different driver. When I give it that driver, combined with new now-needed nforce drivers.....my fps goes up a bit

Well if it works for you, roll with it I guess...

Anyone have clue with this dip switch code means ?

1-0 ? on/off ???

2-N ?

3-6 ?

4-Y ?

Grr, still waiting for tech support email me regards about this dip switch for.

phatbx133

Anyone have clue with this dip switch code means ?

1-0 ? on/off ???

2-N ?

3-6 ?

4-Y ?

Grr, still waiting for tech support email me regards about this dip switch for.

phatbx133

ON is just telling you that if the switch is on that side, it's on. 6Y can be anything; a part number, schematic number, etc. Meaningless unless you have a diagram.

*nudges someone* pssst....you. Yea you!...shhh! over here......hey, that switch controls the worlds supply of candy. just flip it. yea the first one. nahhh nothing bad will happen, it's candy!

Guys,

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15649

This version now final work with XT5000T and pic is below...

just thought if you want know what spec for go 7600.

This remind me old 6800LE to Ultra video card "enabled 12/5 to 16/6 vp) I still have Pny 6800 128MB bought on Black Friday for less 200 bucks while ago.

Not Recommend GPU overclock because of 80nm and 100mm is too hot and possible burn it up.

phatbx133

The info on GPU-Z for the GeForce GO 7600 is not that entirely accurate. The GO 7600 actually has 8 pixel shaders as opposed to 12 as shown in GPU-Z. Thats why the GO 7600 performs more like a 6600 GT as opposed to an actual desktop version of a GeForce 7600 GT. I have XFX 7600 GT XXX edtion for my desktop and the desktop outperforms somewhat significantly in games and that is with a P4 2.80 GHZ and 1.280GB of PC2100 RAM. I get almost double the scores in 3D Mark 03 (11,507 as opposed to 6938 on the XT500T) and 2868 in 3d Mark 06 as opposed to 2140 on the XT500T. The GO 7600 in the XT500T can't get no anywhere near the 2800 without some sort of mod or overclocking even with the stock Dual Core X2 Tl-50. Just thought I would throw that out there. :)

Actual specs of the GeForce Go 7600:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-Go-7600.2144.0.html

The info on GPU-Z for the GeForce GO 7600 is not that entirely accurate. The GO 7600 actually has 8 pixel shaders as opposed to 12 as shown in GPU-Z. Thats why the GO 7600 performs more like a 6600 GT as opposed to an actual desktop version of a GeForce 7600 GT. I have XFX 7600 GT XXX edtion for my desktop and the desktop outperforms somewhat significantly in games and that is with a P4 2.80 GHZ and 1.280GB of PC2100 RAM. I get almost double the scores in 3D Mark 03 (11,507 as opposed to 6938 on the XT500T) and 2868 in 3d Mark 06 as opposed to 2140 on the XT500T. The GO 7600 in the XT500T can't get no anywhere near the 2800 without some sort of mod or overclocking even with the stock Dual Core X2 Tl-50. Just thought I would throw that out there. :)

Actual specs of the GeForce Go 7600:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-Go-7600.2144.0.html

uhhh...

I would disagree. I only have 1 gig of RAM in here...and this CPU is junk, therefore I say its the SAME 7600.....you must have.... da da da, bad drivers. Like 80% of the xt5000t users out there, sadly. Search around for some GOOD ones, everex are junk

edit:
that picture is my screeny lol. >9000 in aquamark 03

Still...waiting for Tech support responds back to me about dip switch...

feel like I kick Tech Guy's ass to spill the bean what is that dip switch for ? MOFO !!! :mad:

maybe those really mean for only Everex Tech support can do that but not end-users ??? then why they built-in on motherboard ?, We, power users have to rights to know what those are for ?, if they are serects that Everex doesn't want us to messed around ? then what is it ??? that is all i am asking because we are owner of this XT5000T MOFO.

past 2 days no email from everex just yet, better not take ages weeks or month, we want to know now !!!.

phatbx133

pssst. anyone with a warranty on it? Just flip ONE switch and boot up, see what values change

pssst. anyone with a warranty on it? Just flip ONE switch and boot up, see what values change

Bad Idea, because this tamper-proof with plastic film cover, if Everex see this been tampered, of course it will be void warranty pretty much so...I did look hard and no way for me if seal will stick back in place or not.

phatbx133

Bad Idea, because this tamper-proof with plastic film cover, if Everex see this been tampered, of course it will be void warranty pretty much so...I did look hard and no way for me if seal will stick back in place or not.

phatbx133

take a very thin needle, like a sewing needle and just pierce it directly where one of the switches is. SUPER small hole, and it'd never reveal a tamper evident case.

that picture is my screeny lol. >9000 in aquamark 03
I had a very similar score in 3dmark 2003 without romstraping, I overclock my card in this way Core: 520 Mhz, Mem: 465 Mhz and use 0.925v as cpu voltage. This in windows xp.
B34ST1Y are you overclocking your card?

mmmhm 535 / 465 mhz core/mem

undervolted to 1.000 to keep it cooler.

However, I may point out that if any person here wants to get a BIG BIG BIG fps boost in game.....go into your nvidia control panel, and set 'image settings' to high performance, and anistropic forced off. literally DOUBLES your framerates.....even on max settings....with very little loss of noticeable quality..

mmmhm 535 / 465 mhz core/mem

undervolted to 1.000 to keep it cooler.

However, I may point out that if any person here wants to get a BIG BIG BIG fps boost in game.....go into your nvidia control panel, and set 'image settings' to high performance, and anistropic forced off. literally DOUBLES your framerates.....even on max settings....with very little loss of noticeable quality..

Emphasis on "anisotropic filtering forced off". Otherwise the shimmering you get in high performance mode will make your eyes bleed.

Back