EVE Spectrum: 27" 1440 144/240 Hz IPS or 4K 144 Hz IPS

kasakka

[H]ard|Gawd
https://evedevices.com/pages/full-specs

Preorder prices at 399/499/599 USD/Euro are pretty good, 100 USD/Euro refundable deposit. Release in Q3/Q4. Prices are supposed to go up the closer these get to release and after release they are going to be sold at a higher price via other retailers.

Now personally these are too small for what I want nowadays but the most exciting feature about these is the open source firmware. That could possibly allow for better overdrive tuning, extra features etc being added by the community depending on how hard it is to program.

zehoo

Limp Gawd
Thought I'd gamble on the quality of the 240hz one for my multiplayer FPS needs. I guess I'll find out in Q4 if I'm flushing money down the drain or not as I may regret not sticking with TN.

The 4K is also tempting me, but I'm getting a 48" OLED later in the year for all my other gaming needs.

kasakka

[H]ard|Gawd
More info here: https://eve.community/t/feature-update-early-october/18904

Seems that they have dropped 8 zone local dimming which makes the HDR600 spec a bag of rubbish. Not that I expected much but now it's just brighter HDR400!

PbP modes seem like a waste at 27" size regardless of resolution but maybe someone finds a use for them. Better to have than not and I feel at this point every display should have them, gaming or not.

Frameless

Limp Gawd
What about display calibration? Something tells me this will have terrible colors, gamma, etc out of the box, unless they get them factory calibrated?

Tup3x

[H]ard|Gawd
What about display calibration? Something tells me this will have terrible colors, gamma, etc out of the box, unless they get them factory calibrated?
Apparently it has programmable lut which is really nice. Factory calibration is nice but those are not that accurate usually. Often quite enough but just rather quick and simple calibration to achieve pretty good white balance.

AIM9x

Weaksauce
While I would love to jump in on that 240hz 1440p panel, I have to take a pause to think about what kind of warranty services are available from this small company.