ErgoHuman Chair $509 shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A chair is still only as good as the persons posture. You can still lean forward in this chair and 'mess' your back up. Im 100% positive you could slouch in this chair and 'mess' your back up.

Still looks like a pretty comfy chair though.

This is true with any chair ever made. The point is that most of us don't do that; we try the opposite, to lean back for comfort. Most chairs don't do that properly leading to messed up backs.

dogboy,
thanks again for pics and your response on the color. Since I'm a prof photog with an undying love for Canon, I think the red and black will be the way I go....to match all my canon goodies.

Now if the company would just reply to my email as to whether they'll honor the deal via email/internet since I'm still in Indonesia/Japan until dec 15th...

alyssa? you listening? :p

Cathpath,

Does your Mark III have focus issues? I know mine is pretty bad but waiting from Canon on when I can send it in for the submirror fix. I did NOT however go with the red. I guess I am still not swade by Canon colors. :)

Where do you shoot?

Ryan

My 1D Mark IIN focuses perfectly. :p

The only attractive thing about the 1D Mark III to me would be the much improved interface. That is the only thing I miss about my old 10D - hard to hand the IIN to someone and have them be able to look through pics. So many button presses!

And to stay on topic, I am liking the new chair so far. I can't say I am totally in love with it yet, but I haven't had much time to get it dialed in yet either. The lumbar support seems like it could be a bit better - it is just a touch too soft. The fabric is nice - breathes well, feels fairly soft, and supports my butt well. :) The arm rests are comfy, and the headrest is nice when leaning back. The bottom of the chair doesn't angle with the chair when you lean back, which is another thing that might be nicer. I think I might go find a place with Aeron chairs just to compare and contrast (maybe they are the same way), but in the mean time I am happy. The red & silver color combo looks sweet!

Does your Mark III have focus issues? I know mine is pretty bad but waiting from Canon on when I can send it in for the submirror fix. I did NOT however go with the red. I guess I am still not swade by Canon colors. :) Where do you shoot?

My 1d3 actually focuses perfectly, but i'm not using it with any big primes...I'm a travel photographer in the midst of a yearlong shoot in South and Southeast Asia (india, nepal, thailand, cambodia, burma, laos, singapore, malaysia, indonesia, and japan). I'll still send my camera in when I get back mid-December just to be sure, but I've shot about 150-200,000 shots in the past 6 months since I got it and I have NO complaints....only praise for it.

My 1D Mark IIN focuses perfectly. :p
The only attractive thing about the 1D Mark III to me would be the much improved interface. That is the only thing I miss about my old 10D - hard to hand the IIN to someone and have them be able to look through pics. So many button presses!

my 1d3 focuses just as well as my 1d2n...but with amazing high iso stuff and the interface is so much better, especially when being used alongside my 5d.

And to stay on topic, I am liking the new chair so far. I can't say I am totally in love with it yet, but I haven't had much time to get it dialed in yet either. The lumbar support seems like it could be a bit better - it is just a touch too soft. The fabric is nice - breathes well, feels fairly soft, and supports my butt well. :) The arm rests are comfy, and the headrest is nice when leaning back. The bottom of the chair doesn't angle with the chair when you lean back, which is another thing that might be nicer. I think I might go find a place with Aeron chairs just to compare and contrast (maybe they are the same way), but in the mean time I am happy. The red & silver color combo looks sweet!

And to equally stay on topic, since I'm currently in Indonesia, I emailed them and asked if I could do the deal online as calling would be damn expensive. They sent me an invoice yesterday and said I could paypal them the funds. I was pretty excited and really impressed with them doing this, so I would rate their customer service quite highly. Now I just have to wait a month to sit in the darn thing! :p

Hi everyone,

I've been watching the debate over the Ergohuman. I got curious about the Office Depot "Quantum" Chair that is $299 and Raynor. So I did a search on the www and found out that Raynor makes the Office Depot "Quantum" chair. I also went to a local Office Depot and compared the Quantum and the Ergohuman chairs side by side. I also sat in both for awhile. For those of you that are money conscious, you will love this! Both chairs are almost identical. Obviously the Ergohuman has the extra lumbar section and the headrest on some models, but the seat portion and down is almost exactly the same. The only difference is that the legs are not chromed. The controls are exactly the same, the armrests are exactly the same, even the model #'s for these parts are exactly the same. So I asked the Office Depot worker what they do when the chair has any warranty issues (Quantum). He said, after a few calls and checking the computer, that they are sent back to "Raynor."

So, those of you who don't care for the headrest, now you have a cheaper alternative. I for one don't care either way. They both feel almost the same. There is one drawback, the Office Depot version only has a 5 year warranty.

Hi everyone,

I've been watching the debate over the Ergohuman. I got curious about the Office Depot "Quantum" Chair that is $299 and Raynor. So I did a search on the www and found out that Raynor makes the Office Depot "Quantum" chair. I also went to a local Office Depot and compared the Quantum and the Ergohuman chairs side by side. I also sat in both for awhile. For those of you that are money conscious, you will love this! Both chairs are almost identical. Obviously the Ergohuman has the extra lumbar section and the headrest on some models, but the seat portion and down is almost exactly the same. The only difference is that the legs are not chromed. The controls are exactly the same, the armrests are exactly the same, even the model #'s for these parts are exactly the same. So I asked the Office Depot worker what they do when the chair has any warranty issues (Quantum). He said, after a few calls and checking the computer, that they are sent back to "Raynor."

So, those of you who don't care for the headrest, now you have a cheaper alternative. I for one don't care either way. They both feel almost the same. There is one drawback, the Office Depot version only has a 5 year warranty.

The lumbar support and headrest are what makes this chair! Also I don't remember that the OD chair had a 3 position backrest? I remember I tried it and I don't think it was as adjustable and not much cheaper?

If you are talking about the mid-back chairs I did not care for the ergohuman Mid back or the OD version. The extra $200 was well worth the step up from the midback which almost seems overpriced.

Yeah - the lumbar and headrest are important. Especially the lumbar. Otherwise, what is the point?

sweetness. Just got tracking info after I did mine all online via paypal as I'm still in Indonesia/Thailand/Japan until mid-December. My chair should arrive tomorrow and I can't wait to set that puppy up when i get back to the states. That black/red/chrome looks damn good!

Yesterday marks the umpteenth time I fell asleep in the chair...:p

Hi everyone,

Guessing you referring to one of these? Its a nice chair no doubt. Even with coupons + tax, its going to be about the same price as this deal.

Let me say that after owning this chair (I bought it Monday night), I am not disappointed. I am of course referring to the Office Depot "Quantum" Chair. Like I've posted earlier, I have sat in both the Ergohuman (by Raynor) and the Quantum (by Raynor) and the difference is negligible. Of course there is no headrest on the Quantum, but for over $200 less, I can live with it.

I have lower back pain, specifically my tail bone. My first day with the chair, I was disappointed in the chair since my tailbone was still in pain. But today, it's smooth sailing. I guess my body needed time to adjust and heal from sitting in the replaced chair. Now, would I prefer the Ergohuman? Sure, but for the money, the Quantum was a steal. I have been told by Office Depot staff that the chair may go on sale Friday 11/23. If so, they said that all I had to do was bring in the receipt and they would credit me the difference in price. Either way, I am happy with the purchase. Now if I could find a regular mesh 4 legged chair that matched the Quantum, my home office would be in business.

uh oh, looks like those of us who jumped on the $489 deal may have been bested by this deal:

Office Depot link to ergohuman highback in black mesh (no colors...just black.)

Use code 99070251 for 35% off.

Use code 68971443 - $40 off $200.

that's about $349 plus shipping, but they're also running a free shipping deal now.

it shows that there is currently "insufficient stock" but you can backorder one (not sure if they'll still give you the deal). If you do backorder, I'm also not sure if you can qualify for free shipping.

worth a try though!

cathpath, anyway to make the delivery fee go away? its still in teh cart. so is the tax. still 387.48 isn't bad :)

comes out to $400 shipped for me, very tempted. wonder if i can pick it up locally.

cathpath, anyway to make the delivery fee go away? its still in teh cart. so is the tax. still 387.48 isn't bad :)

not sure. it said in the top right of my window "free delivery" so i'm not sure how it's getting applied to your cart.

maybe pick it up locally?

although others may not agree, in the end, I'm actually glad i got mine in red for a hundred bucks more. Sounds ridiculous, but i plan on having this chair for many years to come, and having it be a little funky certainly has some worth.

uh oh, looks like those of us who jumped on the $489 deal may have been bested by this deal:

that's about $349 plus shipping, but they're also running a free shipping deal now.

it shows that there is currently "insufficient stock" but you can backorder one (not sure if they'll still give you the deal). If you do backorder, I'm also not sure if you can qualify for free shipping.

worth a try though!

FYI, Looks like the 35% is thru 12/24 and the $40 is thru 12/31.

Wait so this means that wont kick until December? Or that it will go all the way until then? I really hope I can get this chair at this price =-/

Another question I have is why choose this chair over the Aeron MIller when that seems to be going for under $500 on ebay?

Also how do I know which size to go for? (B or C?)

Another question I have is why choose this chair over the Aeron MIller when that seems to be going for under $500 on ebay?

Also how do I know which size to go for? (B or C?)

There used if there under $500. The cheapest new is about $650 but thats not all the options or a knock off some are floor models or slightly used. Be sure to read the fine print. This is the one I want, but am settling for an Ergohuman. http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Herman-Mill...ryZ25328QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The A, B, C are sizes. You should be able to find a size chart on http://www.hermanmiller.com/CDA/SSA/Product/0,,a8-c1345-p8,00.html

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Sorry I don't want to read through 12 pages. So can someone please tell me whats so special about this chair?

Can someone with this chair measure how high it can be adjusted - the height from floor to the top seat surface? I have a fairly high desk (ok, I'm also short :p), so I need to make sure I'll be high enough to have good ergonomics when using my keyboard and mouse. Thanks.

EDIT: Found this spec on their website. Seat Height: 17 inches to 21 inches.

Sorry I don't want to read through 12 pages. So can someone please tell me whats so special about this chair?

nice ergonomics, incredibly adjustable (search youtube to see), high quality mesh, high quality build, good warranty, available in colors, and some people actually prefer this chair to the herman miller aeron.

worth a try though!

The 35% off only applies to OD branded chairs :(
Also, coupon discounts cannot be stacked. Otherwise, I'd jump all over this.

o_O I Agree a chair is important, but dwamn 5 bills just to sit comfy? My $80 on sale office depot shall suffice for now :-/ but then again I'm 19 w/ a history of perfect health... Only time will tell :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back