ErgoHuman Chair $509 shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a simple cloth over the chair work? Also if you don't mind, but how much do you weigh?

As for being PROVEN to be better, I don't know and really don't care because I know it can't be worst. I like how i am able to adjust it really low, lean back while my ass is stationary, and that you can move the back rest forward so you don't have to sit all the way back just to get back support.

I don't mind at all. I am 5'9" and 185lbs.

Oh, and in the interest oh honesty, I work for Herman Miller and mainsite in Zeeland MI.

Enjoy your chairs folks, comfort is important and finding it can be tough!

sitting in my new chair at work, feels like a significant upgrade from my leather office chair that was like $120 at OD. The biggest difference is the mesh holds up your back much better and longer than a leather chair because it does not sink in/become mushy.

Is it worth $400 or $500? Only time will tell, but for now I can say it makes for a more comfortable sitting experience than my previous chair.

I don't mind at all. I am 5'9" and 185lbs.

Oh, and in the interest oh honesty, I work for Herman Miller and mainsite in Zeeland MI.

Enjoy your chairs folks, comfort is important and finding it can be tough!

Thanks. I used to work for a furniture store and that is what we "ask" our customers in rare occasion because weight has a big factor when it comes to certain furniture pieces, like mattress.

I have tried a lot and went through a few office chair and your right, it is hard to find one that is just right for you. And the only true way to tell is time and that means owing one or using the office chair.

Did you click on the coupon description? http://www.officedepot.com/viewCoupon.do?couponindex=0

6 down, item 424338. And the $40 coupon stacks. The problem, Insufficient Inventory. Make sure you're not selecting the similar chair in leather. It won't apply to that one.

By the way, for those looking at the OD Quantum chair, you can stack the coupons for that, but add 6 $.99 boxes of pencils, drops the chair from $299.99 to $167.

I'm doing exactly that... I can't get it to apply to the chair....

I'm not a n00b... it just doesn't work for me.

Does it still work for you or anyone else?

When I try to check out I get:

Please correct or complete the areas listed below to continue.

!Error

The coupon redemption conditions have not been met. Please review the coupon requirements and verify the order amount meets or exceeds the minimum requirement. If the free item has not been added to the cart, click on the 'Select items' link in the coupon section of the shopping cart and click 'Add to Cart' on the following page.(Coupon 099070251, CD07)

If it helps, i'm in 78550.

What do you guys think of "kneeling chairs" like balans or kneelsit? How do they compare in terms of being beneficial for proper alignment and encouraging good posture to this ergohuman chair?

So.. on those OD coupons...

Are there actually coupons?

I'm trying to pull a YMMV at my local store...

Manager says that he'll honor the coupon codes instore... but, he has to barcode the coupons.

Warehouse shows 9 in stock.. website shows -0-

Do those coupons exist in a barcode format?

I'm doing exactly that... I can't get it to apply to the chair....

I'm not a n00b... it just doesn't work for me.

Does it still work for you or anyone else?

When I try to check out I get:

Please correct or complete the areas listed below to continue.

!Error

The coupon redemption conditions have not been met. Please review the coupon requirements and verify the order amount meets or exceeds the minimum requirement. If the free item has not been added to the cart, click on the 'Select items' link in the coupon section of the shopping cart and click 'Add to Cart' on the following page.(Coupon 099070251, CD07)

If it helps, i'm in 78550.

I noticed the chair was back in stock. My wife ordered it for me this morning...my Christmas present. I instructed her how to apply the coupons and they worked fine. Delivery date is 12/5, free shipping. Total price is $349.99 plus tax ($23.62 for me). :D

I can't get the Quantum Chair to apply the other coupon (CD07). I got it to do the 35% off but not the other one.

What is this other coupon for?

Anyone know how to get it down to $168?

Ryan

I can't get the Quantum Chair to apply the other coupon (CD07). I got it to do the 35% off but not the other one.

What is this other coupon for?

Anyone know how to get it down to $168?

Ryan

It’s for $40 off a $200 purchase. You’ll have to add more stuff to your cart and get your total cost (after 35% coupon) to at least $200.00 in order to use the second coupon.

I live near Dallas, TX (where the ErgoHuman chair is currently out of stock online) and I was able to get both coupons to apply and even get to the billing screen by changing my zip code on the website to 90008 (somewhere in Southern California) where the chair is apparently in stock. However, once I enter all my billing info and try to checkout, it tells me the item is out of stock / back ordered. At this point I can only assume it’s checking my billing / shipping zip code against current stock to determine whether or not it’s available.

Damn shame too. I got so excited when I got to the billing screen with both coupons working. :(

according to my estimation I am at $200.93 before i apply the code for over $200.. still doesn't work..

is that the right code? CD07?

Thanks
Ryan

according to my estimation I am at $200.93 before i apply the code for over $200.. still doesn't work..

is that the right code? CD07?

Thanks
Ryan

It should work. I just tested it again and it worked OK for me:

Shopping Cart

Note: due to multiple delivery dates, your order has been divided into several orders.
Order Number: 411447567-001 Delivery Date: 12/06/2007
Cart Item Our Price/Units Quantity Back Ordered Extended Price Remove
Office Depot® Brand Wood #2 Pencils, Medium Soft Lead, Pack Of 12 click the icon for details -- Delivery only
Item # 107580 $0.99/pack 0 $5.94
$40 OFF $200!
Offer is valid through 12/31/2007 $-1.18

Federal Government Customers -
Tax will be removed at checkout
if using a qualified Federal
Government credit card. Subtotal: $5.94
Delivery Fee: $0.00
Coupon: $-1.18
Estimated Taxes: $0.31
Total: $5.07

Please note that the delivery date for the products listed above is 12/06/2007
Order Number: 411448521-001 Delivery Date: 12/07/2007
Cart Item Our Price/Units Quantity Back Ordered Extended Price Remove
Office Depot® Brand Quantum Mesh Mid-Back Task Chair, 40 1/2"H x 30 3/10"W x 26 1/5"D, Black click the icon for details -- Contains recycled materialsclick the icon for details -- furniture delivery
Item # 510830 $299.99/each 0 $299.99
35% OFF OD CHAIRS $150 MINIMUM
Offer is valid through 12/24/2007 $-105.00
$40 OFF $200!
Offer is valid through 12/31/2007 $-38.82

Federal Government Customers -
Tax will be removed at checkout
if using a qualified Federal
Government credit card. Subtotal: $299.99
Furniture Delivery Fee: $0.00
Coupon: $-143.82
Estimated Taxes: $10.15
Total: $166.32

Please note that the delivery date for the products listed above is 12/07/2007
Have you made changes to your cart or delivery option?

Select the chair http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=510830

Then select 6 pencils http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=107580

Then enter coupons 99070251 and 68971443.

I got my Raynor today. One day order to delivery. Not bad!

There were lots of chairs eventually discussed in this thread. This one was mentioned on page 12 as being made by Raynor under the OD name and possibly having interchangeable parts. The Ergohuman was seen as being too expensive by some and out of stock for many, so this was a close alternative and subject to the same discount posted for OD chairs (including the Ergohuman mesh).

There were lots of chairs eventually discussed in this thread. This one was mentioned on page 12 as being made by Raynor under the OD name and possibly having interchangeable parts. The Ergohuman was seen as being too expensive by some and out of stock for many, so this was a close alternative and subject to the same discount posted for OD chairs (including the Ergohuman mesh).

OK. I am interested in the original mesh chair w/ the head support, but I see OD has insufficient quantity. Has anyone recently been able to get this discount applied to this chair? What is the best deal this chair is currently available at?

Also on a side note, has anyone ever tried kneeling chairs? Like balans or kneelsit? Any word on how these compare ergonomically as far as encouraging proper posture & being overall "good" for the back?

OD deal is back.
ordered One..
$599-35%-$40+$25 tax in NJ + $25 delivery (no way for free delivery that I could see, Item over 70lb?)

OD deal is back.
ordered One..
$599-35%-$40+$25 tax in NJ + $25 delivery (no way for free delivery that I could see, Item over 70lb?)

Is yours back ordered? It is not letting me use the coupons as the item is back ordered. :(

Thanks for the update amdmaxx. I just bit.

I couldn’t do in store pickup as all the stores in my area (Dallas/Fort Worth) have apparently discontinued this chair but I got free next day shipping (arriving 12/6 between 8:30am and 5:00pm) and both coupons worked.

Total came out to $405 and change after tax and delivery fee. While that still feels like too much to spend on one chair, I had to take into account the fact that I’ve gone through (broken) 3 “lesser” chairs in the past 4 years that when all totaled cost about the same amount. I’ve also had some surgery done over my tailbone a couple times (cyst removal) and despite my condition, this chair still felt comfortable. I hope that comfort remains over a 6+ hour period. :D

I’ll post an update of my experience with the chair after my first long gaming session. Thanks to whoever posted the OD deal!

OD deal is back.
ordered One..

I just bit as well. I got the same deal as you, except the gave free shipping. Came to $370 shipped to PA. I had a slipped disc the other day, and increasingly painful back conditions (at age 30), so i hope this chair is one that encourages proper posture and is "good" for my back aside from just being comfortable. I also hope it can be returned to the OD store in case I don't like it.

I am really tempted but has anyone over 250lbs used this chair for over 6 months? I am worried that the mesh will just sag permanently after a few months of use. I bought an "ergonomic" Sealy chair for about $200 around 6 months ago and the cushion was good for all of about 2 months, now it feels like sitting on a park bench after an hour of use. Maybe that is a good thing since it forces you out of the chair after a certain amount of time, but I just hate this chair now. My old one was similar to the microfiber chair that someone posted the link too a few pages back and it was probably one of the best chairs I have ever bought it lasted a good 4 years and I'd probably still be using it if the armrests didn't break in half.

OK. I am interested in the original mesh chair w/ the head support, but I see OD has insufficient quantity. Has anyone recently been able to get this discount applied to this chair? What is the best deal this chair is currently available at?

Also on a side note, has anyone ever tried kneeling chairs? Like balans or kneelsit? Any word on how these compare ergonomically as far as encouraging proper posture & being overall "good" for the back?

It seems that if the chair is out of stock, it will spit it out. If it's in stock, the coupons will "stick" when you order. My shipping was free. I'm sitting in the chair now...ordered on Monday and got it on Tuesday. :cool:

I am really tempted but has anyone over 250lbs used this chair for over 6 months? I am worried that the mesh will just sag permanently after a few months of use. I bought an "ergonomic" Sealy chair for about $200 around 6 months ago and the cushion was good for all of about 2 months, now it feels like sitting on a park bench after an hour of use. Maybe that is a good thing since it forces you out of the chair after a certain amount of time, but I just hate this chair now. My old one was similar to the microfiber chair that someone posted the link too a few pages back and it was probably one of the best chairs I have ever bought it lasted a good 4 years and I'd probably still be using it if the armrests didn't break in half.

The chair is only rated for 250 lbs so if it breaks you would not have the warranty support I would have to guess. Sounds pretty risky for a $400-500 chair.

The chair is only rated for 250 lbs so if it breaks you would not have the warranty support I would have to guess. Sounds pretty risky for a $400-500 chair.

Yeah I figured as much. There aren't really any chairs out there that are rated for more than 250lbs. I guess I'll just skip this.

Yeah I figured as much. There aren't really any chairs out there that are rated for more than 250lbs. I guess I'll just skip this.

I don't know about chairs and official weight ratings. But I do know of a coworker who is at least 350 lbs., if not 400 lbs., who sits on his office chair for 9+ hrs./day. That chair has amazingly held up.

Still sold out everywhere I look.

I guess I should just be happy with the Steelcase Leap I got on sole for $400.

One thing that has put me off from buying one of this class of überchairs is that it seemed like there could be such a thing as too many adjustments/choices. I guess I expected that chair designers would have a better idea of the right conformation. Strange notion, yes.

Mine was delivered next day by a couple very unenthusiastic punks. The packaging is excessive, probably to protect the thing from deliverers' abuse. The box mine came in was punctured and dented in a few places, but it didn't come close to damaging the chair. Anyway, i put mine together last night. It comes with its own fancy allen wrench and almost idiot-proof assembly... :D I did have a moment's pause when trying to attach the back of the chair to the based due to the diagram being very poor, but in the end it all went together without a hitch. It's chromy and appears very sturdy (if weight is any indication, it will last forever -- it's some of the joints and the plastic bits I'd worry about).

I went through the short manual and tried to adjust it "optimally" for my body based on the recommendations. I'm 5'11", 155#, and it seemed to already be about right. Based on the range of the settings, i don't think it would be suitable for anyone less than around 5''8". As i feared, the optimal lumbar support setting was completely incomprehensible for me. I'm on the bony side, but even so I couldn't tell which of my vertebrae are the 3rd and 4th that they recommend by "supported" by that part of the chair.

Oh well. I haven't had a chance to use it for prolonged sitting yet, but it was still immediately more comfortable than the other chairs around. The mesh is "stickier" than i expected (it's more flexible and rubbery than typical nylon or polypropylene mesh would be). I can't identify the plastic used, but it does seem pretty durable. In any case, it should be infinitely better on my sensitive skin than sticky, nonbreathable vinyl is.

I'm happy with my purchase, so far.

I think Flandry's minimum height assessment is pretty good. I'm 5'6.5" and find the armrests and headrest a little too high, but if you have a longer torso and maybe shorter arms, it could be ok. The headrest contacts my head just below the point at the back of my head instead of the neck area, but this only bothers me when I'm trying to recline in the seat when I'm tired at night. Otherwise, the chair gives me good back support, which for me is the most important part. I no longer have a sore lower back when I lie flat on my back in bed after sitting in my computer chair all night.

I have the Ergohuman chair now and sit in it for 8+ hours a day at work.. It's fine with me.. 5'9 190#'s. I love this thing. I couldn't see spending that much again on a second chair for home so I just bought the Quantum from Office Depot for $175 for the chair and some pencils. Listed on page 15 it tells the coupon codes to use to get it that low. I did in store pick up to save the $25 on this and if it's anywhere NEAR as good it's worth it.

I will report back on exactly how good it is compared to the Ergohuman in a few days.

Ryan

Hey guys. I've been using an Ergohuman high back mesh chair for a few months now. One day, I just sort of lazily "fell" into the chair (I'm about 240 lbs) and tore the mesh in the middle. Called Raynor and they shipped out a replacement seat (with all the adjustment hardware) to me in 5 days.

My problem is this:

I am unable to remove the old seat (w/ the adjustment hardware) from the base and the pneumatic pillar so I can put the replacement on.

I've tried brute force (LOTS of it), looking for some kind of release mechanism, playing with all the adjustment switches (particularly the seat height adjustment) in all permutations and am unable to get the pneumatic pillar and the wheel base off the old seat.

I emailed Raynor customer service on Monday and they still haven't responded yet. Please help! My back hurts!

to the guy above me, the best way i've found to remove the pneumatic cylinder from assembly chair is a mini sledge hammer. i know it sounds odd but u need something that can place alot of kinetic energy in one place to get those wedges to pop out. pulling almost never does it maybe because of the suction fit. also please be careful.

to the guy above me, the best way i've found to remove the pneumatic cylinder from assembly chair is a mini sledge hammer. i know it sounds odd but u need something that can place alot of kinetic energy in one place to get those wedges to pop out. pulling almost never does it maybe because of the suction fit. also please be careful.

Wow. I was hoping for a more elegant solution from a chair like the Ergohuman, but oh well. I'm having trouble working out the logistics of a feat like that. What do you do? Suspend the chair somehow and hit one of the metal legs or the black plastic on the hardware assembly?

Killing my back trying to fix something that's supposed to help my back. Oh, sweet irony!

Just got my ergohuman high back.... I couldn't believe how heavy the package was. Set it up, and I'm very satisfied with it. After all the talk here, of course I was slightly disappointed when I first sat in it, but how could you not be? However, soon after I wheeled it into it's permanent location & relaxed into it, I soon fell asleep. It's quite comfortable and makes my back feel nice. FYI: I slipped a lumbar disc last week and my regular char has really been aggravating it.

hey guys, I hate to post this so late, but I just bumped into this thread tonight...

OD seems to be the best option at the time. seems you can stack up to 2 coupons per order, after reading this thread I think I may have found the sweetest deal yet.

I just successfully ordered one from OD:

$599.99 - 35% - 25% + Free Shipping = $341.97

orderwk5.jpg

proof ^

the 25% Off code is only valid through today 12/08. so thats the catch! as for the shipping it appears on your list before checkout but once you check out it disappears, assuming your zip is within range, you can check for this on their site prior to checking out.

ooops! sorry almost forgot:

25% off = 91380766
35% off = 85088692

happy shopping!

Nooo!!!!! not enough time to consider...

must resist....

must......

can't......

no, i must.....

I bit on the OD deal last week. I got only 40% off the $600 plus shipping and tax add to a total of $400. If I had waited a week I would've saved $52. I don't regret it though, I'm very happy with this chair so far.

My experience with it is very similar to Flandry above. I'm also hoping that the chair will last for a while, but i'm a bit worry about the mesh and the various moving parts. For $400, I hope it last as long as my old chair. My old chair costs about $90 when I bought it about 7 years ago. It held up pretty well, except for flattened cushion and torn/worn fabric. The fabric didn't have to support my weight (I'm 5'6" 140 lbs) all those year, so I'll have to wait and how the mesh on this chair do.

I just found out that they have a leather version of this chair as well. I don't know if it "perform" better than the mesh style.

figures, now there is none in stock within 50 miles of my town.

I just found out that they have a leather version of this chair as well. I don't know if it "perform" better than the mesh style.

figures, now there is none in stock within 50 miles of my town.

I don't think ita a matter of performance, simply preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back