ErgoHuman Chair $509 shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after sitting in this chair for about a week for 40 hours, here are my thoughts:

It is CRUCIAL to adjust the height of the back support because if it is off, this chair will give me back aches instead of back relief.

This is incredibly surprising because the 4 height settings of the back support only cover a range of about 4 inches.

I am about 5'10'' and I have to have the height setting of the back support on its highest position, which I find surprising because I can only assume taller people will not be able to establish the same comfort.

Once this setting is set, sitting in this chair becomes extremely comfortable over long periods, my lower back no longer aches when I sit for long periods.

Perhaps my only gripe about this chair is there are only 3 lockable reclining positions. If it was possible to lock into any reclining angle this chair would be pretty much the greatest chair ever.

Regardless, no more back aches = Thumbs up for me!

We have chairs similar to this at work (herman miller's), and I do not like them. They are semi-comfortable, and the mesh material EATS HOLES in your pants. After a few weeks you'll notice by your wallet area that the material on your jeans/khaki's wears right now. On the small scale, the material expanding and contracting acts like scissors on your pants fibers when you move around on the chair. If you can get the leather, get it. Avoid the mesh material at all cost.

I don't know if these are the same ones (or even the same company) that we had at an company I worked at 5 years ago, but the chairs were roughly $800.00 each and I never experienced any of the things you're referring too. However, I've never suffered from fat wallet syndrome either....so while many laughed with George Castanza and his wallet issues, I was just laughing at him ;)

I really liked the mesh material....I'm not sure how it could pinch you if these are similar to what I sat in. The mesh had fairly small holes.

I don't recall anyone disliking them.

hey guys, I hate to post this so late, but I just bumped into this thread tonight...

OD seems to be the best option at the time. seems you can stack up to 2 coupons per order, after reading this thread I think I may have found the sweetest deal yet.

I just successfully ordered one from OD:

$599.99 - 35% - 25% + Free Shipping = $341.97

the 25% Off code is only valid through today 12/08. so thats the catch! as for the shipping it appears on your list before checkout but once you check out it disappears, assuming your zip is within range, you can check for this on their site prior to checking out.

ooops! sorry almost forgot:

25% off = 91380766
35% off = 85088692

happy shopping!

Damn just missed that 50% off one.

Oh well this one is almost has good
35% OFF = 85088692
$40 off $200 = 68971443
Total was $402 after $25 shipping and $28 taxes

...After all the talk here, of course I was slightly disappointed when I first sat in it, but how could you not be? However, soon after I wheeled it into it's permanent location & relaxed into it, I soon fell asleep...

I had a very similar experience with my chair. When I first sat down, it wasn’t all that comfortable. Coming from Best Buy’s Octane gaming chair, I guess I wasn’t used to having any back support.

Once you get the chair adjusted to your back / neck and start reclining, it is extremely comfortable. I can pull up to my desk, kick my feet up on the sub-woofers, recline back, and I’m basically catatonic for the next few hours. When I eventually get up, there is no back aching either.

My only concern so far is with the mesh seat. Every now and then, I find myself kneeling in a chair with the back of the chair to my chest or stomach. If the chair has wheels, I’ll put one foot down and push off to give the chair a spin leaving one knee firmly sunken into the seat. Now, in a cushioned chair, this is not a big deal. But in this chair, combined with my weight (200lbs), I can totally see myself idiotically puncturing the mesh especially after I’ve had a few drinks.

With the warranty I’m sure replacement won’t be a problem, but I’m probably better off just breaking the habit.

Great chair though! Has been an excellent purchase so far.

has anyone experience a chair like this in leather form or the same one in leather. I wonder if it feels better?

has anyone experience a chair like this in leather form or the same one in leather. I wonder if it feels better?

That is usually a personal preference thing. I am not a huge fan of leather computer chairs, and prefer mesh but many like leather cause it seems softer to them.

On a different note, I got my chair and I love it so far:) I worked on some photographs yesterday for 4-5 hours and felt great!

Ladies and Gents,

I had to return my Office Depot Quatum Chair. First off, I thought the quality of the chair was terrific. On par with the Aeron. However, the one thing that killed the deal was that there was no lumbar support. After 4 days, I felt worse than when I had my old chair (wooden chair made about 1930). I did sit in the Ergohuman and almost bought it, but something told me to give the Aeron a try. So I went to a store in Tampa, Florida, and tried one out. I was there for two hours and fell in love. I hate spending money, but sometimes you get what you pay for. I went on Ebay and started hunting. Finally found an Aeron in like new condition with all the options for under $500. I'm sitting in it now while I type this message. Unfortunately, my back:D won out over common sense. I sold out to the enemy and my *ss and back are the winners. Good luck with your search for the best Ergohuman deal. Oh, and when I get ticked off and want to sell it, I'll get what I paid for it, or better.

Ladies and Gents,

I had to return my Office Depot Quatum Chair. First off, I thought the quality of the chair was terrific. On par with the Aeron. However, the one thing that killed the deal was that there was no lumbar support. After 4 days, I felt worse than when I had my old chair (wooden chair made about 1930). I did sit in the Ergohuman and almost bought it, but something told me to give the Aeron a try. So I went to a store in Tampa, Florida, and tried one out. I was there for two hours and fell in love. I hate spending money, but sometimes you get what you pay for. I went on Ebay and started hunting. Finally found an Aeron in like new condition with all the options for under $500. I'm sitting in it now while I type this message. Unfortunately, my back:D won out over common sense. I sold out to the enemy and my *ss and back are the winners. Good luck with your search for the best Ergohuman deal. Oh, and when I get ticked off and want to sell it, I'll get what I paid for it, or better.

Well i really doubt it is any better than the <$400 brand new Ergohuman chair i got. You should have tried the one with the lumbar support (the one this thread is about). It's still cheaper than your aero...

Well, to each his own.

I want one of these chairs so bad... too bad it costs more than the computer I am trying to build :p

I want one of these chairs so bad... too bad it costs more than the computer I am trying to build :p

like I've said before, you either pony up the money and pay for a nice chair with lumbar support OR you sit in front of the monitor for 8 hours at work a day and then pay a chiropractor THOUSANDS of dollars to fix your messed up back due to bad posture.

like I've said before, you either pony up the money and pay for a nice chair with lumbar support OR you sit in front of the monitor for 8 hours at work a day and then pay a chiropractor THOUSANDS of dollars to fix your messed up back due to bad posture.

<evil grin> I'm a chiro and love these chairs. Trying to talk the wife into buying another one.

As expensive as this chair is, it's still cheaper than a high-end video card. :eek:

True... but I have never bought a current high end video card. I can't deal with the fact that after a year it is worth less than half you pay for it.

FYI I got in on the OD deal when it was being offered... I bought the same chair as the OP. After a month or so with it now I absolutely love it. My back pain had been really excacerbated (sp?) by my old chair, and now I can sit for hours with no achiness whatsoever. Sure, it was expensive, and I don't have much either, but when it comes to something that can eliminate pain, especially when you sit at the PC for hours a day, it was worth every penny.

I saw one of these at the store, it looked really cheap to me and I sat down and thought meh this thing sucks, then I saw the $600 price tag and was WTF!!!!??

I think they have to be adjusted to your body... I sat in one at my OD and wasn't BLOWN away... but it wasn't bad... I just think you have to set it up right...

My $20 chair is falling apart, I need to grab something new here soon, I'm young so back-problems aren't a big deal... yet... :eek: but the chair still sucks :D (Not ergohuman)

True... but I have never bought a current high end video card. I can't deal with the fact that after a year it is worth less than half you pay for it.

Same here - I don't like to pay a steep premium for something that will have such a sudden price drop. At least the fancy chair will most likely last longer and depreciate at a much lower rate.

I want to get me an ErgoHuman chair. How long do I have to wait to get the price below $400 again?

I want to get me an ErgoHuman chair. How long do I have to wait to get the price below $400 again?

Intersted in this too. I went to my local OD just to see if the stocked them but did not see any. Are they sold at any other B&M store?

Admin Edit: This thread is dead from the original post and has turned into a "campare this chair thread" If there are other deals out there, feel free to post them in a new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back