Epic Games Store

Seems like a fun game but I dropped it as soon as I realized they didn't use the movie cast.
Same issue as Avenger's. Feels like a cheap knock off.

It is based off the comic books, which the movie is also based off of. But it isn't based off of the movie. I got over it after 5 minutes.

Seems like a fun game but I dropped it as soon as I realized they didn't use the movie cast.
Same issue as Avenger's. Feels like a cheap knock off.

The movie cast straight up wouldn’t work with the game. The game uses the comic versions of the characters and their personalities. As good as the movie cast is, they would feel off if they were voicing the comic accurate (mostly) versions.

Epic Games Launcher Ending Windows 7, 8, and 10 Support on June 2024. 32bit so don't panic.

Today we’re giving a heads-up that the Epic Games Launcher will no longer support Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (32-bit) starting June 2024. After this date, existing installations on these operating systems will no longer receive updates of any kind. The Epic Games Launcher will continue supporting Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 11, and macOS 10.13 or higher.

After June 2024, players will still be able to use the Epic Games Launcher on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 (32-bit), just not in an officially supported manner. Epic will be unable to provide technical support for users of these operating systems, and Launcher features on these operating systems may degrade or stop working over time.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/n...june-2024?lang=en-US&epic_affiliate=lowcygier

Makes me glad there is some competition, even if they aren't that good. Ever since Steam rolled out the "improved" version last year it has gone to shit. It runs like absolute dogshit now and often hangs loading a game forever. It also takes forever to load, exit, and pops up over anything else you're doing while you wait for it to load up. It can't even load up minimized so it has to ruin whatever you're doing while you wait for it.

Shitty game selection list doesn't scroll. Click on search does nothing. Literally can't play games on Steam because of how shitty it is now unless you already created a desktop shortcut or find the right .exe file to manually launch it. How wonderful. At least Epic figured out how to make a GUI that can launch games.

It is so shitty that it makes EGS look efficient, clean and functional. I'm going to have to pirate a game I bought just to avoid using Valve's shitware. Steam is so bad that I'd rather use Epic or pirated copies now.

Last edited:
Shitty game selection list doesn't scroll. Click on search does nothing. Literally can't play games on Steam because of how shitty it is now unless you already created a desktop shortcut or find the right .exe file to manually launch it. How wonderful. At least Epic figured out how to make a GUI that can launch games.

This is 100% a you problem. Something is obviously broken somewhere. I've never had these issues with Steam.

I do agree competition is a good thing though.

Makes me glad there is some competition, even if they aren't that good. Ever since Steam rolled out the "improved" version last year it has gone to shit. It runs like absolute dogshit now and often hangs loading a game forever. It also takes forever to load, exit, and pops up over anything else you're doing while you wait for it to load up. It can't even load up minimized so it has to ruin whatever you're doing while you wait for it.

It is so shitty that it makes EGS look efficient, clean and functional. I'm going to have to pirate a game I bought just to avoid using Valve's shitware. Steam is so bad that I'd rather use Epic or pirated copies now.
It's not just you, brand new PC build and if I click on the steam icon from start / desktop it won't launch (when minimized) for a good 10-20 seconds, unless I go into the taskbar and launch it from there, very weird behavior. The search no working seems to be a loading issue, have to wait for steam to fully load up before search is functional, I have that issue primarily when browsing from my phone though.

I have no issues launching games from steam fortunately.

I'm glad for the competition, and until last year, would typically try and buy from epic more than steam, but now that I have a steam deck, I'm more inclined to buy all from steam again since other launchers just don't work as seamlessly on the deck.

It's not just you, brand new PC build and if I click on the steam icon from start / desktop it won't launch (when minimized) for a good 10-20 seconds, unless I go into the taskbar and launch it from there, very weird behavior. The search no working seems to be a loading issue, have to wait for steam to fully load up before search is functional, I have that issue primarily when browsing from my phone though.

I have no issues launching games from steam fortunately.

I'm glad for the competition, and until last year, would typically try and buy from epic more than steam, but now that I have a steam deck, I'm more inclined to buy all from steam again since other launchers just don't work as seamlessly on the deck.

Yeah the issues are numerous and many. I can no longer find Fallout 4 for example. I assume Valve removed it from my library. VR mode doesn't work half the time, numerous errors with launching games, where it just says "playing" without launching them. Won't shut down, have to manually end process.

Valve has let Steam become the worst launcher. Shame they threw in the towel. I wish we could revert back to the old version that actually worked, or if a 3rd party made a Steam freeware alternative to play our games and get our updates.

As it is: EGS is the best, Ubisoft Connect is next, EA's new abomination, and Steam is dead last. From 1st to worst in a few months. Great job Valve. Maybe they will continue to fleece people for their failed console instead of working on their PC platform.

Last edited:
Yeah the issues are numerous and many. I can no longer find Fallout 4 for example. I assume Valve removed it from my library. VR mode doesn't work half the time, numerous errors with launching games, where it just says "playing" without launching them. Won't shut down, have to manually end process.

Valve has let Steam become the worst launcher. Shame they threw in the towel. I wish we could revert back to the old version that actually worked, or if a 3rd party made a Steam freeware alternative to play our games and get our updates.

As it is: EGS is the best, Ubisoft Connect is next, EA's new abomination, and Steam is dead last. From 1st to worst in a few months. Great job Valve. Maybe they will continue to fleece people for their failed console instead of working on their PC platform.
Since when does Valve remove paid for games from your Steam Library??
They don't even remove de-listed games from it.

Sounds like you might need to nuke your install (making a backup of your common folder first) and reinstall because it sounds borked to me, then go through your library settings and make sure Steam knows where your games are at by pointing them out manually, one by one if necessary.

Valve is the worst with returns as well. In having an issue with gunbrella and I'm 3 hrs in. They said I've passed the 2hr play mark lol they said to contact the developers which are not responding to my messages anymore...I once returned a game on gog that was well into 5 hours of play time...

Valve is the worst with returns as well. In having an issue with gunbrella and I'm 3 hrs in. They said I've passed the 2hr play mark lol they said to contact the developers which are not responding to my messages anymore...I once returned a game on gog that was well into 5 hours of play time...
How are they bad with returns? I've never had any issues. Their policy is less than 2 hours of played time within a 14 day period. You knew the rules and are complaining that they won't go against their own return policy. Just because you don't like their policy, doesn't make them bad at returns. GOG's return policy is 30 days, no questions asked, but they don't have a clear return window as far as hours played. They just ask that you don't try and abuse the system. Just buy games from GOG if you like their return policy better.

They state clearly that play time must be 2 hours or less to return a game. Just because you didn't adhere to those guidelines doesn't mean they are bad with returns. Your current situation is entirely your fault.

Back