Enemy Territory: Quake War have you tried it?

I got nothing. Just a grey screen with a dropdown menu on upper left corner of map names, and a "Powered by GOOGLE" icon on bottom left.

No maps at all though. I dont see how ETQW maps could be part of Google Maps in the first place anyways.

edit:// works on Firefox. Stupid IE7.

I can't join any servers with PB running, anyone know why? It keeps saying i need punkbuster installed. On teh demo.

I installed teh Demo through Steam, the PB test ran ok and seemed to install, and i now have PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB.exe's running with no luck. I had pnkbstrA.exe before due to the pbsetup.exe program which covered quake 3 for me.

Don't know what to say other than make sure you answer yes when it asks if you want to install PB during the demo/retail installation process. You might try uninstalling/reinstalling again. And maybe try the redistributable exe instead of a steam install.

Yea maybe i'll try a seperate from steam version. I did say yes to teh pb install and it ran the test and said it was ok etc.. hmmm THe strange thing is there's an extra service running now but i still can't play.

Steam for me isn't working that great with non valve games, for instance this problem and last week i couldn't un install the bioshock demo after installing it from steam. (it's still sitting in my add/remove programs list)

Been playing since friday \o/ landed on my doormat ~8am and finished work at midday
whole afternoon farming n00bs!!!!

however n00bs getting the hang of EnemyTerritory style

Love Island and VOlcano!!!!

got steam working i had to manually add it into the pbsetup.exe program and download the update from there.

I've been in since early beta and had the pre-order... but my computer broke down wednesday... /wipes tear from cheek ... be still my heart, my mobo RMA will arrive by end of week I hope... damn the gods and their lightning!

I personally don't care for the game...Seems like the same old engine with a freshened UI. So I installed in on my 7 year olds computer. She plays it all the time.

however n00bs getting the hang of EnemyTerritory style

Yeah except when they decide to run over to the "Big Red Circle of Impending Doom", like they had free pizza there while my artillery guys are yelling at them to "Get Outta There!!" and I get blamed/unforgiven for a team kill.:rolleyes:
n00b tip: Stay out of the big red target zone and immediately run away from the red/orange stripes for Vampire Strikes.​
I don't know how many times I haul my butt across enemy lines and set up airstrikes while some kid is trailing me in the line break i paved. Then he stands in the airstrike area waving at me like I should give him a cookie, while i'm looking for cover.
BTW: Last week i got tired of my team and killed them all. I racked up at least 10-15 teamkills in 2 min cuz nobody knew how to drive or repair the MCP. Maybe i was just on the wrong server. But after i got booted and went back in as a Strogg, they we're all laughing cuz I sent out a funny global suicide msg.​
Last night I was on the hill over the tunnel and some guy in a Tormenter decided to pick a fight with me. I took him out with a few clips of the scoped assault rifle. And he thought he had a chance...
Payday is tomorrow. So i'm headed to Best Buy after work to pick up a copy. :D

I personally don't care for the game...Seems like the same old engine with a freshened UI. So I installed in on my 7 year olds computer. She plays it all the time.

I played the demo and was unimpressed. Though the full version of a game is sometimes different, I've never played a game demo that I didn't like only to suddenly like the full version. I think the demo is generally representational of the final product in terms of gameplay, and style.

How long did you play it until you came to that conclusion, if you don't mind me asking?

I played it for several days and never found it appealing at all. The graphics aren't impressive for one thing. Granted the game doesn't look bad, but graphically, I'd expect something more at this point. That right there doesn't seal the games fate for me, it's just another aspect I found underwhelming. The balance issues in the demo could very well be solved in the retail product, but the feel of the game just puts me off in general.

It's not even as if the demo felt unpolished, I'm just not impressed and didn't enjoy the game at all. If someone I know ends up with the full game, I may take another crack at it, but until that happens I just don't see the game being worth the price of admission. Sad too as I was highly anticipating this title. :(

I thought it was ok and I think I'd pay $20 for it. I'll be waiting for the bargain bin.

Sad too as I was highly anticipating this title. :(

Did you play Wolf ET much ? There seems to be a direct correlation between people's enjoyment of QW with how familiar they are with its predecessor. QW got an 8 in Edge magazine. Which is not an easy feat. It's not for everyone, but if it's your type of game, it's done exceptionally well. The graphics are good enough. I played the Crysis MP beta last night, granted it was only on medium and struggling to maintain 30fps, but IMO it wasn't a night and day difference in graphics.

Did you play Wolf ET much ? There seems to be a direct correlation between people's enjoyment of QW with how familiar they are with its predecessor. QW got an 8 in Edge magazine. Which is not an easy feat. It's not for everyone, but if it's your type of game, it's done exceptionally well. The graphics are good enough. I played the Crysis MP beta last night, granted it was only on medium and struggling to maintain 30fps, but IMO it wasn't a night and day difference in graphics.

I've never played Wolf ET. Maybe there is something to your theory.

I got my collectors edition this afternoon and it plays great, but, I can't seem to select anything but 2 speaker sound, and I have the X-Fi in game mode.

Any clues?

This is a good server. Usually full and the players have coordination and teamwork.

Drunk and Disorderly RANKED South

IP: 66.135.36.39:27733

I've been there a few times during the demo (F*** i still have to get my butt to the store) and there are definitely some good players there. They understand the roles and seem to work together. I hate feeling like a one man army on this game. I get ok ping rates from this server too (40-60 is ok). w00t for the Drunk and Disorderly!

24 hour of play i think i wasted my money . not enought close combat for me its like shooting dots. i gess i like the unreal close fighting. no instruction on flying copter cant get it to fly strat any ideas.? it will have to stand on its on. they should have stuck to quake 2 format. :mad::mad: should have waited till it was in the 20 buck bin.

no instruction on flying copter cant get it to fly

It's not hard. Use WASD to maneuver, shift for thrust, CTRL for elevation/tail rotor, 1 key for chaff, left mouse fires weapons, mouse wheel toggles between LAW and rockets, Home key switches to 3rd person view

Despite having Quake in the name, it's not a "Quake" game in the sense of Q2, Q3, Q4 etc.. It's an Enemy Territory game. Sequel to Wolfenstein Enemy Territory.

Has anybody got OpenAL working on this game? I'm trying to get EAX effects, but whatever I do it won't work. If I try to switch to OpenAL in game, it just crashes. Also, it doesn't appear in ALchemy so I don't really know what to do. I tried pointing ALchemy in the direction of the folder in which the game was installed, both of the sound files were added to the folder but, when I try to run the game, it doesn't start (it says it's stopped working as soon as I double-click on the shortcut icon). Has anybody had any success, specifically with ALchemy?

No, I haven't heard anything about ALchemy.

Although I just ran across a very interesting developer post on the community forum.

Splash Damage has hired the map maker Dave Johnston to join the team. He's the guy who created de_cbble, de_dust and de_dust2 for the original Counter Strike. :D

So I think it's safe to say a free map pack or future expansion is in the works. Can't wait to see what he comes up with.

It's not hard. Use WASD to maneuver, shift for thrust, CTRL for elevation/tail rotor, 1 key for chaff, left mouse fires weapons, mouse wheel toggles between LAW and rockets, Home key switches to 3rd person view

Despite having Quake in the name, it's not a "Quake" game in the sense of Q2, Q3, Q4 etc.. It's an Enemy Territory game. Sequel to Wolfenstein Enemy Territory.

were did you get info da/

were did you get info da/

Go into the control options where you remap keys and you can see everything I talked about.
It just takes practice. When the beta first came out I couldn't even get the tormentor in the air without crashing into the ground. Start a single player game against the bots to practice flying. Get in the chopper and just press and hold down the W key. This will make you slowly gain altitude. Once you're in the air use the keys I mentioned to get a feel for how it controls. Once you get the hang of it, flying around is very fun. Also a good trick while flying solo, is to press the F key and you can switch to the alternative gunner position. I hover over a target with the tormentor, switch to plasma gun, kill the humans directly below me, switch back to the pilot seat and fly off. ;)

the game has gotten better for me now -- better instruction would have saved alot of time for me.:cool:

I have never seen a more polished game in my life for all of its complexity...

the thing is yet to crash... ever... runs with no hiccups until you put on 8x anti-aliasing, maybe its just my card, but it seems like a harsher than expected hit when jumping from a flawless 4x to 8x.. but everything else has been at max... I am impressed.

a serious con is a major lack of indoor fighting... 98.5% of the game is outdoors, and what has to deal with indoors is not complex and you still have to spawn outdoors before running inside. There are really no running indoor battles, just break-ins and assaults.

I dream of the day they make a game that plays like Quake 2 or Quake 1...

I can only imagine that taking less power to run as its indoors... perhaps we have to wait for a QuakeWorld Team Fortress mod!!! (that would so kick ass)... but seriously, this game is already like TF just missing a pyro, demo man and a dedicated non-assault scout.

I always play as a Strogg named SevenOfNine with the Obliterator or sometimes Rail Gun, seems like no-one else uses Obliterator as a primary weapon.. My teammates dont stick around me indoors and the medic avoid me >_< but i'm just in love with the weapon and its intricacies and difficulty to master (I avoid locking on as to not give any warning).

getting non vehicle kills seems easier than i thought. last time i played i got at least 17 rifle kills before we got the main objective done on Refinery. what i can't wait for is the ETQW Pro. it'll include competition settings....assuming those leagues don't nerf the shit out of the game. i think i saw one of the leagues wanting to take the 3rd eye cam out and a bunch of other stuff that is useful. thats when it gets stupid. nerfing the game so your players feel like they're playing something else. nothx if that will be the case. but we'll see

I have been playing the game daily for a week.
But I have yet to try to play online, my logic is that it's a big game and a lot of team work is needed and its important to know the Maps. I have been having some great matches with the Expert AI bots (Smart bastards!). I play as an engineer a lot and really enjoy the role. You are the Defense of your team, so on map where you are assulting it's best to be something else like a soldier.

I think I will start tring to find a good server tonight.

Just downloaded the demo last night. I like it...a lot. Probably pick up a copy tomorrow at Fry's.

EDIT: Changed mind...downloading via Steam.

Going to be an expensive gaming season!

Back