Enemy Territory: Quake War have you tried it?

I think the game is the biggest flop so far this year.. i mean look at the animations they are all capped at 30fps ? wtf even if you have the double fps it still feels like you play just above 30.. sorry but this game feels so wrong and boring.

When I play it, it runs silky smooth. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, huh?

I think the game is the biggest flop so far this year.. i mean look at the animations they are all capped at 30fps ? wtf even if you have the double fps it still feels like you play just above 30.. sorry but this game feels so wrong and boring.

you're calling it a flop and it hasn't come out yet? lol

yer right it takes time to learn --i cant get off the ground with the jet packs help meeee.
it confusing at first ,but more you play more you learn .

As Mansize_tissue already said, hold SHIFT.

And yeah, just keep playing it. When you get the hang of every class and even have a favorite one (mine is engineer), you'll enjoy it further.
I go through all the classes once in a while, but engineer is on top, followed by medic and covert ops.

This game is GREAT. And I'm usually a fan of deathmatch and not team based play... it does suck when you get a bad team that won't work together, but this map causes a lot of those problems.

The valley is pretty much Vehicle Wars and not Quake Wars... you will get the most XP by being an engineer and raping the opposing team in a heavy vehicle (and repairing it when needed) than any other class. 9 times out of 10 the top 5 XP players will be engineers.

Other than that, it is a great game and I'm defitely buying the full version.

I feel bad for this generation of gamers who can't get past the fact that the graphics are "so 2005" and see the underlying GREAT game that true gamers are starving for.

So far its a pretty cool game.

Seems like a better team-based version of BF2142.
Warm-up pisses me off as its just people FFing each other, but the game itself is quite fun.

But I think the sniper rifle for the humans is WAY too overpowered, and its really easy to aim with. Thats my only complain so far.
And one map isn't enough, but hey its a demo so w/e

So far its a pretty cool game.

Seems like a better team-based version of BF2142.
Warm-up pisses me off as its just people FFing each other, but the game itself is quite fun.

But I think the sniper rifle for the humans is WAY too overpowered, and its really easy to aim with. Thats my only complain so far.
And one map isn't enough, but hey its a demo so w/e

its not overpowered...at least compared to the strogg railgun. and i think most of us like it a lot more than the last beta version of it. it was horrible to aim with and just sucked overall.

Yea I forgot about the rail gun, but still, tone them both down a little bit.

As for the aiming I clearly shot my teammate right beside his head, I missed on purpose, but it was a direct hit.

This was in warm-up folks, I'm not an asshole in the matches :p.

It just seemed to easy to hit with the sniper rifle

Can someone explain to me how to change the graphic settings, they dont appear to be listed anywhere (even under advanced).

Can someone explain to me how to change the graphic settings, they dont appear to be listed anywhere (even under advanced).

Up at the top click options. Then at the top again click settings. Then change the graphics under the tabs.

game runs pretty decent as long as you tweak your config - im running about 120fps all the time. fun game to play if you can get a team that works together

I love Covert-Ops/Infiltrator

I seem to kick a lot more ass as a strogg then as GDF, the weapons just seem easier to use and more damaging. I like to play as GDF because its more of challenge.

Although as a strogg i like the hacking/demo portions of the map. I will disguise myself as a GDF and then hide until someone starts hacking/planting explssoive, then backstab!

of course I have been team killed many times doing this thanks to focking moron noobs.

this game hates dual screen, disabled my second screen and it runs smooth has silk!

Runs pretty well on the system below w/ medium settings at 1680x1050. I like the game, I wish i could getit the day it comes out, but I am moving this month so I probably wont be ale to get it for a while, just depends on how bad I want to eat for a week. I have played all the Battlefield games and I like this one best, as it is now it runs smoother, has better gameplay and supports widescreen monitors.

I love Covert-Ops/Infiltrator

I seem to kick a lot more ass as a strogg then as GDF, the weapons just seem easier to use and more damaging. I like to play as GDF because its more of challenge.

Although as a strogg i like the hacking/demo portions of the map. I will disguise myself as a GDF and then hide until someone starts hacking/planting explssoive, then backstab!

of course I have been team killed many times doing this thanks to focking moron noobs.

IMO, I think the Valley map is much more challenging for those defending i.e the Strogg. I usually play as constructor because of that. Setting up a good defense, is not easy work and as I mentioned in a previous post, I played with a team a while ago, that was about half of the GDF one (we were 8 and they were 15-16), but still we had our defense line so tight, that the GDF were unable to win just by their superior numbers. And they were no noobs. They knew what they were doing, but just couldn't surpass our defenses.

This game rocks so much, but I'm tired of Valley. I want more maps :)

It is going to be hard to play this as I like TF2 as well. Too many games come out at the start of the school year.

I really dig the demo. Looks great and plays good on my less than stellar system and has the same "feel" that Wolfenstein: ET had for the most part.

Can't wait for the full game. :D

I hope the demo is still playable after the release, I spent my game budget for this year and this game didn't make the cut, I do enjoy playing it though.

Everyone was saying the game is crappy but to me its actually pretty fun :). Still has the fast pace action of wolfet. At first when the demo was released everyone was going wild but now everyones actually playing the game right. Will most likely pick this game up ;)

I hope the demo is still playable after the release, I spent my game budget for this year and this game didn't make the cut, I do enjoy playing it though.

I doubt they'll kill the demo. But I expect the servers and # of players to dry up quickly after the retail is released.

I had quite a bit of fun playing, the two teams are so different yet they balance pretty well. Its fun to play as different character types after each spawn based on what's needed. You can fire mortar and missiles on demand as long as their controls and launchers are intact. Rezing teammates on the front lines, etc. was fun.

I'd recommend anyone who can play it and evaluate it for themselves, i'd like to see the full version and the complexity of maps.

Patch notes for the first retail patch:

Updated Linux client compatibility
Fixed performance drop of soft particles on some graphics cards
Removed XP award for destroying newly spawned vehicles (spawn camping)
Improved bot control of the GDF Titan Tank
Fixed dedicated LAN server administrators reverting to default group on map change
Fixed players occasionally not being able to change the mission they are on
Server Launcher now clears the map rotation when changing game mode
Fixed localized clients reverting to unlocalized if player starts a lite server on the same PC
Fixed image pure check (anti-cheating) erroneously failing for MegaTextures

http://community.enemyterritory.com/index.php?q=node/144

okay, tried it. is it just me or (havent read entire thread)

this games seems like Facry+ut2004

farcry = building defense items and repairing / building crap / diff types of players you can be
UT2004 - the types of games they use

to me this game has NOTHING to do with "quake" at all.... really not impressed that much, seems like it could be fun to play, but nothing to get overly excited about.

The game runs good for me but seems locked around 30FPs nviia control panel i have it on high performance and no aa or af

2g
7600GT
core 2 duo 4400 (2ghz)

runs smooth, i like that it doesnt need some massiev rig to play.

(havent read entire thread)

You really should. Lots of good info has been posted about your concerns. Are you playing the demo or European retail ?

Regarding the 30 fps cap, you can unlock it, but only with online matches. Playing offline against the bots, it's 30fps.
Although I don't think a 7600GT will go much above 30 if you keep the graphics cranked up. I average between 40-60 with everything on high/ultra X8 AF no AA.

AF makes an especially big difference in how good the outdoor terrain looks.

hoping the retail release has more stable FPS than the demo, I find that even uncapped and supposedly set to something high like 120fps, it's jumping around to freaky numbers like 190 and seeing numbers like 80. I'm looking for a quake 4 level of frame stability like you lock it at 90fps and it will stay there.

I've tried it and while the fps counter shows 60 fps, it sure doesn't feel anywhere consistent like playing a q4 game... I miss the old days of q3... now that was fps consistency (once you got a decent enough rig)

I dunno it just feels like despite running 3.6quad and a gtx, it's still not enough... benchmarks say otherwise though.

I think what really solidifies things is how well you can rail people... there's the I know I railed him feel and then there's ET. I rail, I kill but even when I do get the hit, I feel like something's up like... that shouldn't have hit yet it did... anyone else get that feeling like something's up with the prediction code and what you see on screen???

Back