Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced for release on 11/11/11.

Wait... they're adding in morrowind? i saw places that looked like morrowind.

It is Solstheim, where Bloodmoon took place. Looks like some of the Dunmer and whatnot decided to make it their home after the Red Mountain eruption.

Edit: Ninja'd.

This should do nicely. Very nice, if it is really like Bloodmoon in size and scale. Some large faction quests would really really make this a gem. A whole telvanni faction questline, etc... alas, I'm probably dreaming. But I still have hopes this will be good. If they put more work into it than they did for Point Lookout (as they promised Skyrim Addons would be vs Fallout DLCs) things should look pretty nice.

I'm waaaay excited about this! I love the whole Morrowind "thing" so I'm glad to see the style appear in DLC. This is the first DLC I'm truly excited about for the game. Can't wait :)

The Telvanni tower looks like it belongs to Divayth Fyr due to all of the dwemer parts strewn about. If so, I wonder if Yagrum Bagarn is still alive.

And HM's realm looks cool. Much better than a giant library. :)

The Telvanni tower looks like it belongs to Divayth Fyr due to all of the dwemer parts strewn about. If so, I wonder if Yagrum Bagarn is still alive.

And HM's realm looks cool. Much better than a giant library. :)

Makes sense and Divayth Fyr seems like the only one smart enough not to be hosed by the events of Morrowind.

This should do nicely. Very nice, if it is really like Bloodmoon in size and scale. Some large faction quests would really really make this a gem. A whole telvanni faction questline, etc... alas, I'm probably dreaming. But I still have hopes this will be good. If they put more work into it than they did for Point Lookout (as they promised Skyrim Addons would be vs Fallout DLCs) things should look pretty nice.

The only thing that pissed me off about it was there were goddamn levitation pads, ala Prey or Halo. The whole reason the Telvanni build their homes or towers like that is to stop intruders who don't know magic (non-Telvanni).

Everything else looked decent.

The only thing that pissed me off about it was there were goddamn levitation pads, ala Prey or Halo. The whole reason the Telvanni build their homes or towers like that is to stop intruders who don't know magic (non-Telvanni).

Everything else looked decent.

You made me go back to the video to check. Maybe a shout jump or something hopefully. Hopefully not a pad.

Edit... and maybe there is levitation after all. If they let you ride a dragon then maybe they have no problems rendering the world from the sky now, or at least in Solstheim.

Looks like Bethesda is doing a beta trial for X360 players, like they did with DG. IMO, this is not a good sign for us PC/PS3 players as I have a feeling it means the timed exclusivity for the X360 is continuing.

and they didn't mention a release date for PC. PS3 users... at this point I'd be surprised if they get anything.

Looks like Bethesda is doing a beta trial for X360 players, like they did with DG. IMO, this is not a good sign for us PC/PS3 players as I have a feeling it means the timed exclusivity for the X360 is continuing.

This is expected, at least for this DLC. Bethesda's deal with Microsoft was to give a 1-month exclusive release on the 360 for the first three DLC's. This will make the third DLC, therefor Bethesda is obligated to release on 360 first. I'm sure it would be considered a violation of that contract if they released an early PC beta. You can't really call that telling of the future though. Hopefully anything after that will have matching release dates, at least for PC and 360. As for PS3, well, they have to figure out how to get DLC on PS3 first :p

This is expected, at least for this DLC. Bethesda's deal with Microsoft was to give a 1-month exclusive release on the 360 for the first three DLC's. This will make the third DLC, therefor Bethesda is obligated to release on 360 first. I'm sure it would be considered a violation of that contract if they released an early PC beta. You can't really call that telling of the future though. Hopefully anything after that will have matching release dates, at least for PC and 360. As for PS3, well, they have to figure out how to get DLC on PS3 first :p

First three? I thought it was supposed to be two.

It was the first two.

The same thing happened with FO3 or FNV where the exclusivity supposedly ended but Bethesda kept giving X360 an ahead start on the DLC. Quite annoying.

I wouldn't mind as much if Bethesda actually communicated with the community. It sure must be easy to be a Bethesda PR person since all they do is give vague answers and teasers.

First three? I thought it was supposed to be two.

It was the first two.

The same thing happened with FO3 or FNV where the exclusivity supposedly ended but Bethesda kept giving X360 an ahead start on the DLC. Quite annoying.

I wouldn't mind as much if Bethesda actually communicated with the community. It sure must be easy to be a Bethesda PR person since all they do is give vague answers and teasers.

Weird... I remember it being three. Oh well...

Who doesn't love the 'the' ? :D

I wonder why Bethesda didn't choose 12/12/12 as the release date of Dragonborn. Missed opportunity.

Getting ready to install this again.

Any mods that are a MUST?

Also, any mods that revamp the entire game yet? or are those not released yet?

Getting ready to install this again.

Any mods that are a MUST?

Also, any mods that revamp the entire game yet? or are those not released yet?

These three are a good start, I use them myself

Character Creation Overhaul
http://www.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21587

Expanded Loot tables
http://www.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11018

Real Skyrim Overhaul
http://www.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26533

Also check out Dj 2004's Mod list here. All the mods above are included in his list.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1727279

So what are the 360 players saying about the DLC, a shadow of the glory of Bloodmoon?

It is hard to say since console users get overly excited about new armors/weapons, rather than actual quests and landmasses.

Here is a fairly comprehensive poll:
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1429802-rate-dragon-born-from-1-10poll/

A lot of the lower ratings seem to come from people who are experience bugs and/or are mad that dragon riding isn't actually dragon riding (etc, etc).

Some direct comparisons between expansion packs/DLCs:
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1437720-rate-all-the-major-dlcs-from-morrowind-oblivion-and-skyrim/

I've kept myself spoiler free so far so I don't know how good DB actually is. :)

Better be a whole fucking new game for that price.

Shivering Isles was $30. Bloodmoon was $30 (IIRC, and that was when the USD was in better shape). As such, I don't think $20 is a high amount unless the content is subpar. I know DB won't be as good as SI, but perhaps it is comparable to Bloodmoon.

If DB was labeled as an expansion pack but had the same content as it has now, would that change people's opinions?

Make us wait 2 full months for it
Spend not even a minute of that time fixing bugs or adding extra content (HR texture pack)
Charge full price

Gotta love Bethesda.

Back