Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced for release on 11/11/11.

Shivering Isles was $30. Bloodmoon was $30 (IIRC, and that was when the USD was in better shape). As such, I don't think $20 is a high amount unless the content is subpar. I know DB won't be as good as SI, but perhaps it is comparable to Bloodmoon.

If DB was labeled as an expansion pack but had the same content as it has now, would that change people's opinions?

20 dollars for a significant amount of content for me would be fine. Over 20 hours would be ideal but I am not sure if that will happen.

I will not pay full price for it. If it's worth $20 or not, is irrelevant to me.

They lied, and lied and lied to our faces. And the DLC will come riddled with bugs, just as always (so much for two months of "working on it").

It's a matter of principle. I'll get it when it's on discount.

the way i play it'll probably take me 50 hours =P

I got lucky and my wife let me have a day to play. Main quest could have been longer but with 30 hours into it I still have a bunch of side quest to do.

Last edited:
I don't like RPG's and I visited the greybeards 60hours in... lvl 45! lol. So many things to do.

I finally visited the greybeards last night after countless hours of gameplay. Even so, I only visited them because you need to to play DB.

I the last two play throughs I have went ahead and knocked out the main quest first thing. Some of the shouts you can get only through the quest line are just too handy.

Also on a side note, I am using Frostfall for this play through and it is a game changer. Highly recommend it.

DB looks great. Some of that looks like Morrowind which makes me highly giddy.

I purchased DB through GMG. Today's well into release date and still no key.

I purchased DB through GMG. Today's well into release date and still no key.

I got mine 10 minutes ago.

They said this earlier today:

Apologies for the miscommunication. I'd understood keys would have gone out early this morning as per standard key releases for when the game is made available on Steam this evening. However, we received the keys too late to have them go through our regular injection process yesterday. As a result of that delay in receiving keys injection will happen later today.

2 more hours to go...

And Skyrim is #6 in Steam's top sellers list.

More than a year after it's release... ARE YOU LISTENING BETHESDA!?

It shows that Bethesda is going to move the same number of units, give or take, whether they do a simultaneous release across platforms or not. It sucks, but it makes sense for them to take Microsoft's coin for an exclusivity window.

Dragonborn is meant to be played after completing the main story right?

You don't need to start the Skyrim MQ to play DB except for DB's MQ. In order to play DB's MQ you need to have completed The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller quest (which is in the beginning of the Skyrim MQ).

You don't need to start the Skyrim MQ to play DB except for DB's MQ. In order to play DB's MQ you need to have completed The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller quest (which is in the beginning of the Skyrim MQ).

Have they updated SKSE yet or will that be in a few days after this hits?

Have they updated SKSE yet or will that be in a few days after this hits?

If DB uses the same 1.8 patch that we've been given two months ago, then SKSE should not be needing an update.

How long will it be before I can get a GOTY w/ all the mods? I hope by this November...

Silly. When it crosses midnight on release day in a given time zone these games should be available regardless of distribution service.

I just reinstalled Skyrim. I couldn't play it due to the main quest being broke (thank's auto-patching :(). It's been a while so hopefully the next patches that were released fixed the issues I was seeing.

I did download/install the high resolution texture pack. I also bought Hearthfire. I'm looking at getting Dawnguard after I progress through the game a little. I'm starting off at square one.

Last edited:
Vvardenfell and the section of Morrowind are actual pieces of land (rather than just LOD like I expected) and are quite large. I just ran though Vvardenfell and it took a while. :)

On that note:
So far I love what I've played of DB.

It's been a while so hopefully the next patches that were released fixed the issues I was seeing.

Hate to be Captain Obvious, but did you try the Unofficial Patch? It supposedly fixed many, if not most, of these bugs. Changes are documented here.

In any case, I'm going to have to pick up DB, too. Looks promising.

Hate to be Captain Obvious, but did you try the Unofficial Patch? It supposedly fixed many, if not most, of these bugs. Changes are documented here.

No. It's been a while so I think the official patches fixed the problem I was having (unable to learn first shout). I'm at Bleak Falls Barrow now (golden claw).

I hope this playthrough works out a bit better for you. That's a hell of a place to get such a bug.

I hope this playthrough works out a bit better for you. That's a hell of a place to get such a bug.

Yes it was. I was pissed. I had auto updating (or whatever it's called) turned off. I also had offline mode on. There must have been some other option that was causing Skyrim to update. I was upset having played the game less than a month. I uninstalled Steam and any game related to it, I also removed all games from my Steam account.

I now have every option unchecked in Steam and can block Steam with my router firewall.

I want the option of installing updates/patches if I feel I need them. I've said this from the beginning.

Last edited:
I downloaded DB yesterday, and today it is downloading another big thing (several minutes at 2MB/s) anyone know what that is? Reason I ask, is cuz I'm afraid my install could be borked and it's redownloading DB.

Back