Elden Ring (From Software RPG)

So, interestingly enough on my rig...I'm really not having any hitching. It's minor, but it's yet to actually make my game freeze up like I saw in a video earlier today. 3090 ftw? Hard to say, but it's less bad than I anticipated - which is weird since I'm seeing a lot of others saying it's bad.

So, interestingly enough on my rig...I'm really not having any hitching. It's minor, but it's yet to actually make my game freeze up like I saw in a video earlier today. 3090 ftw? Hard to say, but it's less bad than I anticipated - which is weird since I'm seeing a lot of others saying it's bad.
i haven't seen any of those super long haaaard stutters as in the CohhCarnage clip i posted earlier today either, but then again i've barely dug into the game or had extended play sessions yet. it's not that your 3090 is somehow overpowering the issue (others elsewhere with 3090s and 3080 Tis are posting about experiencing it too) but that you're just not that bothered by it. it's the type of problem some people are able to "unsee" essentially and just go about their day enjoying the game, while you put someone else in front of the same rig and they'll call it unplayable.

it's awesome that it doesn't bother you, but (not saying you did this) it's not helpful to actively argue against those it does bother.

Kaldaien has spoken...he will not be releasing any modding tools for the game as the anti-cheat software prevents him from doing it...

ER.jpeg

Reportedly, the PS4 version in BC mode on PS5 is still quite smooth. But much lower grass settings and some lower shadow quality. However, results in less pop-in.

My first 40 minutes were decently smooth on a 3080 ti and 3950x. Some streaming stutters but nothing major. I only was in the open world area for a bit though. That was only at 1440p as well.

Going to to try it at 4K on my TV but that system has an older CPU at the moment due to a bent and broken pin incident.

i'd take playing offline only if it means it runs properly.

You want the joke of the century? I just installed it onto my gaming laptop highend MSI with a 3080 mobile the highest TDW you can get on a laptop. Game is playing perfect....4k...all settings at max. Almost 0 stutter....and I haven't updated any drivers in months on it. LOL what the absolute fuck is going on here. Only problem is no sound at the moment for some retarded reason....

You want the joke of the century? I just installed it onto my gaming laptop highend MSI with a 3080 mobile the highest TDW you can get on a laptop. Game is playing perfect....4k...all settings at max. Almost 0 stutter....and I haven't updated any drivers in months on it. LOL what the absolute fuck is going on here. Only problem is no sound at the moment for some retarded reason....
your desktop is having some other issue (did you check the ultra latency setting?) because mine runs liquid smooth other than the hard stutters. from what you describe its just constantly hammered with stutters?

I played it for a short while. I had some minor hitching but hopefully by the time I come back to this game it will be fixed. I wasted so much healing at full health because my muscle memory is still in HFW mode which uses that button for crouch *sigh*. So I will stop here for now. I ran into a guy on a horse and
thought I'd cheap my way through him with magic but he hit me once, took of a bunch of HP. I cast my spell to "get back at him" and I thought the worst he could do is take the hit on the shield, but instead he reflected it back and killed me. I was like holy s**t that was awesome.
:)

thanks for the link, no change for me... sounds like some people are having a separate problem of the game being run in low power mobile mode and hamstringing the frame rate, which is different from the stuttering. those people were saying they were literally getting sub 20 fps constantly. but clearly it fixed up that issue for those experiencing it.

Game is running nearly perfectly for me. A stutter here and there but it's been rare and barely noticeable. I played for 2 hours and saw maybe 3 times where it seemed to hitch for a nano-second.

3700x / 2080ti / 32GB
W11 - Latest drivers
3440x1440 (well 2560x1440 since it doesn't do UW) - Maximum settings - Gsync On

Game is running nearly perfectly for me. A stutter here and there but it's been rare and barely noticeable. I played for 2 hours and saw maybe 3 times where it seemed to hitch for a nano-second.

3700x / 2080ti / 32GB
W11 - Latest drivers
awesome! if you were able to put up some gameplay on youtube with an overlay like RTSS and a frame time graph that would be *extremely* helpful :)

Rumble/vibration not working for anyone else with a xbox controller? I have yet to feel any in the game, not even sure there is any.

your desktop is having some other issue (did you check the ultra latency setting?) because mine runs liquid smooth other than the hard stutters. from what you describe its just constantly hammered with stutters?
Where's that setting at?

But past that, the only other thing I can think of is. The laptop has never had a game installed that needs the Anti Hack Software on it, so it did a fresh install of that. I haven't updated any drivers or anything on the laptop in like 6 months....
Ya super weird.

3700x / 2080ti / 32GB
W11 - Latest drivers

Did you have any games that used required the anti cheat software on there? Or did the install of Elden do a fresh install of it?

Did you have any games that used required the anti cheat software on there? Or did the install of Elden do a fresh install of it?
hmm, it was a fresh install of EAC for me too. i saw a random comment elsewhere that they had an epic online services update when they loaded the epic launcher, and apparently the two are tied together...? i guess elden ring uses EOS for its multiplayer/online stuff? in any case, load Epic Games and check the settings menu and see if it says updates are required. edit: oh i just realized that EAC is a product of Epic so that explains that. so yeah, check that its up to date.

for the low latency setting, open Nvidia Control Panel, click "manage 3d settings" then check the Global Settings tab, scroll down to Low Latency Mode. it should be Off by default but if not, change it back to Off. you can double check the Program Settings tab for Elden Ring and make sure it's Off there also, but if you haven't changed or messed with anything then it should be Off.

I had whatever version Lost Ark installed. Can't say if it updated or not.

awesome! if you were able to put up some gameplay on youtube with an overlay like RTSS and a frame time graph that would be *extremely* helpful

I can look into it tomorrow.

Rumble/vibration not working for anyone else with a xbox controller? I have yet to feel any in the game, not even sure there is any.

Now that you mention it I don't think I had any rumble on the Xbox controller. I haven't tried it with the PS5 controller yet.

yeah... if i still had my ps5, that's the way i'd be playing it probably
I figure I may as well give the PC version a spin and....maybe refund it before 2 hrs played. Did a Windows 11 reset today, after moving from Nvidia to AMD (RX 6600 XT). Just finished installing Windows updates, all drivers, C++, tweaking settings, and testing Dark Souls 3 and Superposition, to make sure it all works as expected. Ready to install Elden Ring.

Will probably download the PS5 and PS4 version for BC mode, tomorrow.

I figure I may as well give the PC version a spin and....maybe refund it before 2 hrs played. Did a Windows 11 reset today, after moving from Nvidia to AMD (RX 6600 XT). Just finished installing Windows updates, all drivers, C++, tweaking settings, and testing Dark Souls 3 and Superposition, to make sure it all works as expected. Ready to install Elden Ring.

Will probably download the PS5 and PS4 version for BC mode, tomorrow.
good luck! if you think you're stutter-free, it would be extremely helpful to upload some video with an RTSS overly as i mentioned to Bankie. that'll give us the best data to go on, if you're willing (and able with decent internet, lol) to do so

hmm, it was a fresh install of EAC for me too. i saw a random comment elsewhere that they had an epic online services update when they loaded the epic launcher, and apparently the two are tied together...? i guess elden ring uses EOS for its multiplayer/online stuff? in any case, load Epic Games and check the settings menu and see if it says updates are required. edit: oh i just realized that EAC is a product of Epic so that explains that. so yeah, check that its up to date.

for the low latency setting, open Nvidia Control Panel, click "manage 3d settings" then check the Global Settings tab, scroll down to Low Latency Mode. it should be Off by default but if not, change it back to Off. you can double check the Program Settings tab for Elden Ring and make sure it's Off there also, but if you haven't changed or messed with anything then it should be Off.

I'll see if I can get Epic to update EAC, if not I'll clean EAC off and have Elden reinstall and see if that makes any difference at all.

This game is a mind fuck. There are entire regions/areas of this game that just make my mind stop working. I opened a damn chest and it teleported me half way across the map to some hellish area that I can't even begin to describe.

kb/m ... Here, when you're moving forward or backward while strafing the camera constantly tries to get behind you, so you can't hold any viewing angle, you have to constantly fight the camera movement with your mouse.
I've noticed similar weirdness on controller - if you are moving (eg. running) while also rotating the camera, it's like the camera isn't rotating around your character but a point in space behind him.

Reactions: w35t
like this
I'm updating my Nvidia drivers..... reading the reviews on Steam is something else.

This game is a mind fuck. There are entire regions/areas of this game that just make my mind stop working. I opened a damn chest and it teleported me half way across the map to some hellish area that I can't even begin to describe.

I went from the very southern point, to the most northern point from a stupid chest, and now I'm stuck with a giant ass boss I'm nowhere near geared for...

Wtf lol

I saved at the first Bonfire after Crab got me killed in two hits I think your suppose to die there.
I started as a Astrologer with the Medallion. Graphics are just a notch above Dark Souls 3 I haven't had any stuttering or frame skipping.

hmmm is it working? fine?

oh forgot: is it hard, like Sekiro, that almost drove me insane to finish it?

Last edited:
Needed a guild to figure out how to level up every 3rd site of Grace npc will pop up.

Back